Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atoa":a59mztdh said:
the summon addon is already done (i've done my own summon since i didn't like some features of the sleeping lionheart one).
It's just needs some minor fixes.
great work :)
this really is the most complete battle system for rmxp i've ever seen.

i tested this battle system together with the blitz skills scripts (with this script you have to enter some keys before a skill can be used). Until now everything works great together, you only have to be sure the blitz skills script is under the Battle system scripts.

Atoa

@FF12_Master
the calculations are in the methods "def attacker effect", "def perfect_attacker_effect", "def skill_effect" and "def perfect_skill_effect", them all are in the "class Game_Battler" in the script sideview 2

If you would send me all the formulas, if they're not complex i will add them to the scritp.
Having more damage alogarithms is good since it adds more customization to the script.

cairn

A small note to all ppl that use this script. I STRONGLY advise you to determine if you want Dex to be replaced by vitality, 10 def = 1% dmg reduction or no changes, as the damage dealt and received will change by A LOT.

gRaViJa":37tcylsx said:
i tested this battle system together with the blitz skills scripts (with this script you have to enter some keys before a skill can be used). Until now everything works great together, you only have to be sure the blitz skills script is under the Battle system scripts.
Aw, i found an error after with the blitz script: if you try to escape but you fail then i get this error:

Blitz skill line 231: NomethoderrorOccured
Undefined method 'tact flag=' for:NillClass

are you willing to take a look at this?

Well, I'm finally sitting down to configure this script... and I have figured out a few problems.

Problem: Doubling monster stats!
If I set the ENEMY_SP_MULTIPLIER = 2, or any of the other ones for that matter, it doubles that stats of the hero players.
I was thinking that maybe that ACTORS were actually the opponents and I swapped that stat increases but what I got was the same deal.

A request:
Besides the fix for that, I would like to ask another favor.

If someone could develop a blue magic system for this battle system, that'd be awesome.

I would like to add passive skills to enemies such as auto-regen, auto-life(once), auto-haste, etc.

And lastly, I would like to incorporate a particle system in the battle system that will show particle animations whenever there is a passive ability active on someone.

Yea... I have his and it works nicely from what I've seen. I haven't gotten too far into the call script stuff yet. I'm only in the beginning stages of making my game so there really isn't a need for those effects yet.

If you have some pre-scripted events that you'd like to share, send me a demo. Anything to help me out would be grand ^^

Atoa

@Barchetta
Thanks for the tip about the status multiplier

About the 2 first suggestions, there's already scripts that do this, you should test them to see if they're compatible. if they don't work, let me know.

Abou the particle engine, it's may be cool but i don't see a point to add it to the deafault system.

Well I know one of the blue magic scripts didn't work for me last time but I'll go try again. I deleted it after failing with it >.<

The particle system is simply a request as an add-on. If you don't want to actually release it to the public or do it at all for that matter, I'd like someone else to take up the task. I know next to nothing about scripting so I can't do it myself... :blush: If you could make it as an add-on to the battle system, I'd send you many cookies... ^^

I'll go check on those other scripts really quick.

Alright here's a quick question...
After reviewing the entire thread, I've realized that no one has asked how to move the command window. The box that says: Attack, skill, defend, etc... I would like it to appear in a different spot. What values must I change?

Sweet... I'll be looking forward to the update. I just hope that it doesn't screw up the compatibility with the thirty other scripts I have... and that's not including the Blizzard add-on pack >.<
I did a goodjob of script hunting with my game. ^^

The end result looks promising too. I even had to script for myself... mostly copy and paste through trial and error but I got some of the desired effects ^^

Let's get a movin! ^^
Btw, if there is anything that I could possibly do to help out, Atoa, feel free to ask. I'm an expert at hunting stuff down on the web.

Here's another problem I have:
bosshelp.jpg
I want that attack spot to be unique to this monster. If you can tell me how to change it, I'll be editing a lot of the monsters. I just think it's a little stupid to be attacking the thigh... lol.

EDIT: 03-02-09
And another error... that I'm sure you're aware of... I'd like the damage to appear AFTER the animation is played out. How do I go about this?

Ok.. the Damage calculation Per hit is pretty complex but if you can do this.. then i will love you for EVER.. =]
ahem.. anyway.

the formula is : (attack power - targets parameter) x character's parameter

the parameters very for diffrent weapons... but heres a basic table.

Category | Type | Target's Parameter | Character's Parameter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Wep | Swords,Spears | Defence | Strength
Piercing wep | Guns | none | Attack Power
Fast Wep | Daggers, ninja swords, bows | Defence | Strength + Speed
Magick Wep | Katanas | Defence | Strength + Magic Power
Striking Wep | Axes, hammers | Defence | Strength + Vitality
Magick def wep | Poles | Magic Defence | Strength

and btw i use all these weapon types..... and i told you its complex :biggrin:

That sounds like a neat idea as well but the amount of coding that would be necessary might be a little over the top... and the directions as to edit it yourself might also be much more difficult. Your asking for a multi-algorithm script depending on a weapon element. That would be a very difficult thing to implement. I don't know didly squat about scripting but from what I've read, anything like this would be INSANE.
I'm thinking upwards of 1000 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.