Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@Crazy Li
There's an script (if i not wrong, it was made by sephirot spawn) that add auto status to enemies.
I dont know if it's compatible, but dont hurt try.

Or else, you can create an event in the troops tab that's add the status

Atoa, I just noticed something. And had to ask, isn't Ccoa's UMS compatible with this battle system? Because I just noticed that all the message boxes in my game have lost the boxes that was for their name and a bunch of other settings that was supposed to work with the UMS.

Atoa

@Sakura Martinez
I think it's compatible.
This script only chage two methods in Window_Base, and don't mess with Window_Message.
I don't know wich methods UMS change, I must check it.

Adkit

Er, ok this is odd...now when I'm fighting something for longer than a few seconds, they somehow become un-killable. I can kill one guy if I do it fast enough but the other two I have in the enemy party never die. They just keep taking damage like normal forever...

Um, What?

kk here is the error i get when i try to use: NO_BACK_ATTACK_SWITCH = [6]

27yn7t5.jpg

hi,
what kind of summon system i can use with this SBS?
i tried to use the sleeping leonhart's summon system, but it cause me a error in sideview 2 at line 1376:

def set_stand_by_action(actor, index)
@actor_sprites[index].push_stand_by if actor
@enemy_sprites[index].push_stand_by unless actor
end
end

It is a problem that can have a solution? I have tried with the Rtab summon and the normal summon but both give me the same error. I'm not a scripter and i don't know how solve this problem.

Atoa

@Adkit
Be more clear, i didnt understood what you mean, if possible, add some images.

@deathbethecost
Oks i'll solve this.

@Apocrifis
No Summon script (at last i know none) is compatible with this battle system.

The problem is probably with the summon script, only changing the summon script would solve this, if you can send me it via PM, it would help, and maybe i add it as an add on in the next update, since it an system that lots of people wants.

Atoa

@tomatoshadow

line 26-27 of the ATB script

Code:
  # Show a single bar that indicates the battler's action order?

BARS = true
Just set it false.

For some reason, I had to save, close the project and reopen it in order to work. I tried this option already but didn't saved... My fault!

Thanks a lot! Your script is really great!

The screenshot is different in the demo.... can give make another demo for me? the one at the screenshot
and is it posible there is a atk spd bar at the bottom replace the overdrive?

Atoa

@reiven12
No, the demo is exactly the same as the screen shots.
The difference is in some configurations that you must do

In the script you can configure all postions of the bars.

There's really a lot of configuration in the script
For the base battle script the configuration is in Config and Config XP, for the Add-ONs the configuration is in the begin of the script.
And every editable value have an explanation above it that says what it do.
So it's time to put more effort into it and start to read the instructions.

Like I said before for othe member: "im providing an default system, the customization is up to you"

hey I have a weird glitch where any time a character dies, they keep going from stand to fall repeatedly in an infinite loop and it looks like they're ceasuring or something... they just keep continuously falling.

I'm thinking that if I remove every instance of "Can Collapse" it might fix it because that seems to be what's interfering... but before I go and do all of that, I wanted to hear from someone who knows what they're doing if that's a good idea or not.

there's also another oddity where damage is shown before the actual hit of a skill is done. Basically, enemy X will run up to player Y, player Y gets knocked back, damage will show, the animation for the attack (with whatever damage sound was in the animation) will play, and player Y jumps back into that attack animation as it plays.

any idea why this is happening? I haven't touched anything special with the skill scripts, I'm just using a database skill. do I have to set special parameters for every skill made, or is there a way to use a generic one that will actually wait for the animation to finish before it does damage display?

Mirage

WOW This is a nice script! but, I've encountered some problems with it.

EDIT
===
When i use any healing items/spells, It plays the animation and everything goes fine but the name of the spell doesn't go away and the game seems like its still working but i cant choose any commands or do anything.-Fixed,Seems like i downloaded an outdated version.

Also when i choose to defend it displays the message "Bob si defende" and when my characters level up It says "Subio de Nivel!"

Any help? :'(

Atoa

@Crazy Li
The dead animation is one of the worst problem i having with the script.
The code don't work as it supposed do work
I'm working to make it fully funcional.

Remove the "Can Collapse" of attack actions won't work, this isn't only for the death animation, but for death it self. if you remove it the attack actions won't kill the target.

and about that "bug" in animation, it's because some animation have an "delay" in the begin of animation.
This can only be fixed making an different move for the skills.

@Mirage
The problem happens always or only with an specifc add on?

and about that mistranslation, it will be fixed in the next update.

I nead help i tryed to get this but i cant get it i run it and zip hapens then i tride the copy and past as it says to try but but nuthing hapens i am a noob at this and need to lurn a lot but help plz

ps: sor if there are spelling mistakes

I think i found a bug.
When i'm using the charlie lee's individual battle commands with the ATB system, the swich actor function in the battle (by pressing A) don't work.
And when a battler is doing an action (enemy attack and player attack too) the command window freeze and is impossible to go up or down in the command selection or to select a single command.

Atoa

@Apocrifis
Thanks for the info. i will chek it

I hope i finnish my CSB til the first week of march, so i can update the SBS.

I am currently trying to make a character of mine have the animation of an archer like in your demo, where they move up a few steps and take the shot.

At the moment they run up like they are going to melee attack the enemy, and then take a point blank shot of their arrow.

How does one go about doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.