Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairn

Ekho's error also happens here. I've been so busy playing with the battle window to get a sort of custom one that I forgot to check skill usage :P.
Edit: it's like the script isn't taking linked skills to work properly.

Hmm, is there any way to possibly change the command window? I was thinking I could do go with an icon command window or something. At least something better than the current one -_-'

Atoa

@Ekho
this error is probably caused by the "skill sword" movement configuration.
i will check it later. (and this may take a lot of time since i'm really busy with another script, but i won't forget this)

@Xephyr
Just use an script that changes the battle window (it may need few changes to work 100% with this script)
Like i saind before, i'm only posting an defaut system, customization is up to you.

Ekho

Is there any way to make the command window in battle didn't show all it's command? Like it just show three command and if we moved down the cursor to the bottom, another command will shown (FFX like battle command).

For the ATB system, somehow the escape type 1 and 2 didn't work. When i pressed Q there is nothing happen.

You are missing a snippet of code in the HP and MP Meters. It makes the EXP bar not work :)

I believe def draw_actor_exp(actor, x, y) should look like this:

alias draw_actor_exp_bar_n01 draw_actor_exp
def draw_actor_exp(actor, x, y)
bar_y = y + (Font.default_size * 2 /3)
@skin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(EXP_METER)
@width = @skin.width
@height = @skin.height / 3
src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, @width, @height)
self.contents.blt(x , bar_y, @skin, src_rect)
@line = (actor.now_exp == actor.next_exp ? 2 : 1)
@amount = (actor.next_exp == 0 ? 0 : 100 * actor.now_exp / actor.next_exp)
src_rect2 = Rect.new(0, @line * @height, @width * @amount / 100, @height)
self.contents.blt(x, bar_y, @skin, src_rect2)
draw_actor_exp_bar_n01(actor, x, y)
end

You are missing the self.contents.blt(x, bar_y, @skin, src_rect2) witch causes the bar to always look empty.

I am also hoping that someone can tell me how the status balloons work. I can't for the life of me get a status balloon for when a person is poisoned or has another status effect.

bl0168

Can someone upload this file into rapidshare or megaupload? the current website is blocked in my country (4shared).

Atoa

@Sandman53
I particulary think that the status ballon is totally useles, since XP have status animation.
I'm only left this feature because it was an original feature of the script.

Since it has an native state animation cycling, it would be an better idea to build battle animations with the ballons animations.

but if you *really* want to use the ballons, you will have some hard work.

1 - look for thise lines:
Code:
  "STATUS-NORMAL"   => ["balloon",   6,  1],

"STATUS-CRITICAL" => ["balloon",   5,  1],

"STATUS-SLEEP"    => ["balloon",   9,  1],

you must add new lines after that, and aconfigure, the second value, represents the line of the ballon.
E.g.: "STATUS-CONFUSE" => ["balloon", 3, 1],
This will use the emote in line 4 (remember that the emote in line 1 is considered "0")

[/b]2[/b] - look for these lines:
Code:
  "WAIT-CRITICAL"      => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","STATUS-CRITICAL","22"],

"WAIT-NORMAL"        => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","STATUS-NORMAL","22"],

"WAIT-SLEEP"         => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","STATUS-SLEEP","22"],

they're almost the same, except by the statuso. so add a new move using the move you created before
E.g.: "WAIT-CONFUSE" => ["NO_MOVE","WAIT(FIXED)","STATUS-CONFUSE","22"],

3 - To finish, look for these lines:
Code:
  def base_action

case @id

when 1

return "DEAD"

when 2,3,4,5,7  

return "WAIT-NORMAL"

when 6  

return "WAIT-SLEEP"

when 17  

return "WAIT-FLOAT"

end

return "WAIT"

end

here you must add an new "when" and add the id of the status.
E.g (in this example i will consider that status ID 10 is the confuse status)
Code:
  def base_action

case @id

when 1

return "DEAD"

when 2,3,4,5,7  

return "WAIT-NORMAL"

when 6  

return "WAIT-SLEEP"

when 10

return "WAIT-CONFUSE"

when 17  

return "WAIT-FLOAT"

end

return "WAIT"

end

But like i said, use the status animation would be an easier and better way to display the status, since you can show more than one status at once in the same char (thanks to the state cycling)

I can't seem to get how the CUT_IN thing works. Can someone explain it to me? Also, can someone please instruct me (in an easy way as possible) on how to add skills? Thank you.

Adkit

Whenever I'm fighting some monster I added myself, this error comes up. I added the monsters ID to the thing and I haven't made any other changes to the script at all.

"Script '*Sideview 2' line 717: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'extension' for nil:NilClass"

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Rliv

:smile: Ah cool, I was wondering about how to add in bubbles to things with this. Sweet. Well this is a pretty good transition, looking forward to any other updates with this.

Atoa

@Adkit
Well this line of the script is realated to skills and items so it has nothing to do with the enemies.
Maybe it caused by an wrong config

try this to solve the problem
change the line
Code:
if obj.extension.include?("NOFLASH")

to
Code:
if obj != nil && obj.extension.include?("NOFLASH")

@deathbethecost
Specify the error.

wow... this is truly an amazing battle script and might be able to simplify matters greatly for the game I'm working on. I just had one question (for now, anyway >.> )

I noticed that there is a float status in there (which is used for the Float spell in the demo). basically, I have some enemies that are supposed to be flying enemies, so they need to be permantely forced into always being in float state (because it doesn't make sense for them to be on the ground). how can I accomplish this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.