Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's and example of what you can do using the face files to make a little custom HUD for each character.

i think im going to make individual styles for each character, make them all have their own custom HUD that fits them, like my assassin type character will have a stealthy looking one, have magic looking one for a mage etc

Atoa

@Gulch666
Wow, an awesome use of the Battle Windows Add-on.

That's was the main reason for me to add the custom battle window script, since it woud be hard to find good battle stats compatible with this script.

With some imagination it has infinite potential xD

updated look. i made the bars look like glass vials and kind of gave them a bit of texture, the colors still fade the same as the previous screeny

and yeah that image behind Zorey's HUD is a battle animation from VX, i was lazy and didnt wanna make my own spell circle thing

Gimnis

can you help me with my problem please? :angel:
Gimnis":1h8qawlm said:
the scripts i am using are:

all three "tons of addons"
drum and piano script
"simple 8 direction" script
pong mini game script
DASH script
blizzard's "level up notifier" (this one also did some trouble with the BS)

and your battle system

i don't have SDK

and another thing, can i make it like in "Chrono Trigger" that there is more then one menu, like, when it's one of the characters turn it opens their menu, so i want more then one to be shown at the same time, can you explain to me how to do it?

Atoa

@Gimnis
What exactly you need from the tons? it rally an lot of scripts, but lot's of them are quite useless, and others funcions are by default added to the script.

Because i wouldn't tey compatibiliza *all* add ons.

and being more specific of what errors occurs helps.

Just give the names and expect we to test, discover the erros, and give all done is too much don't you think.

The more info you give, the faster your answer will be.

Gimnis

okay, so here's a more detailed post:

i have 2 problems:

one, is in "Blizzard's Tons Of Add-ons, II"

in the "Death Toll" part, which counts all the enemies that i killed, in line 693
here's a picture of the error:

i tried to remove the entire script, but then i had this problem:
in "Easy level up notifier by Blizzard"
im not sure what the problem is, here's a picture of the error:

they both appear after the battle has ended...
i am appreciating your help :)

Wow.... it says in the tons of add-ons not to remove a single part of the code that's within the script.... you just have to set the usage of the script to 'false' at the top of the script.

Try reading the instructions in scripts before you start messing with them.

Hi,
I have a question for everyone:
why, using ATB, if one actor have, for example, 600 of AGI and a monster have 600 AGI too, the ATB bars will fill slowly? I ask this because if an actor have an high AGI and a monster a low AGI the bar wil fill fast, but if the actor and the monster have the same AGI the bar is slow, even if the actor is at 99 level (i know that this don't influence the bar filling) and if I set a low AGI for a monster that fight with an actor with a hight AGI the monster never attach because his "bar" don't fill in time to survive.
So, there is a way to set that plus the actor level is hight and plus the bar filling is fast?
Like the FF series, when a character is at hight level the bars will fill faster than the character are at low levels.

Gimnis

Barchetta":3phtbfv1 said:
Wow.... it says in the tons of add-ons not to remove a single part of the code that's within the script.... you just have to set the usage of the script to 'false' at the top of the script.

hmm, i didn't move a part of the script,
i deleted the ENTIRE script, and i tried to set it to "false", wont help...

so "Wow" back at you!! :P

Atoa

@Apocrifis
It's because the speed is based on average.

So if someone is above the average he will be faster.

but if all battlers have about the same agi, they all will go on the base speed.

@Gimnis
Now i can check it, but be warned that it will take some time
so please don't post here or send pms complaing that i didn't answer.

i posted a question a page or 2 back, like 5 days ago, that even i forgot about.

what was wondering is: how do i get the attacker animations to show for weapons?

i have a few characters where the weapon size isnt gonna cut it with icons, its great for one handed weapons, but id like to make it so i can add weapon ID's that dont use the icon animation and allow me to use the attacker animation for weapons, that way i can just make animation sheets with weapons swings and play those and still use icons for weapons small enough to fit, im using a different sprite template thats a bit bigger than rtp so they seem kinda puny as a 2 hander

Seox

Seconded. I've been NEEDING attacker animation for a multitude of things. Possibly include an option, next update?

A small question, would it be possible to make a timed hit add-on?
Like if you've ever played Paper Mario, the Action Command where
you hit the button right before you hit the enemy?

This is really good, and that would be the only thing I need is that
one add-on.

RPGuy

Hi.

You're battle system is wonderful. I am in the process of putting it into my new game... But I am running into a problem. I figured out how to do animated battlers and all that, but I run into the problem when 3 of em get on the screen. I am trying to do 3 normal chars. It worked in your original 2soldier and arceus thing, but it wont work when I replace it with the guys I have. I know it isn't the individual graphics file, cuz I have tried adding in a zombie and ghost instead of the 3rd guy. It keeps doing this....

Untitled.jpg

Please help me, and thank you for your time,

Mike

~edit~

As a side note, I reopened the demo freshly and tried to make 3 normal chars, and it didn't work again. Is there an issue with how many "actor" enemies you can have? If so, can you tell me how to change it so I can get a total of 5?

I've changed the weapon throwing graphic (* SBS Config lines 1485 - 1493) and I can get it to work with most weapons, but not bows. It always uses the "woodarrow" in graphics/characters. Is there any way around this?

Nisage

This is a cool script, I do have a question. It's kind of making the monsters that are in the Tactical Battle System fields I have immortal. Is there a way to turn it off when I'm in the TBS fields, then back on once the battle is over (basicly a Call Script to turn it off for a while) or is that impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.