Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem when I change the characters or make a new one when I enter a battle it says unable to find graphics/characters/faces whats wrong with it????

Nisage

@ Gettogaara: They need a face graphic. There are some in the demo. In the demo go to Graphics, Characters, and then Faces. There should be some face graphics that are named after the Character Sprites, like 001-Fighter01 in the Faces folder is the face graphic for Character Sprite 001-Fighter01.

Nisage thank you I was able to get the battle system working but I have yet another problem I posted the problem in my naruto chars thread

Atoa":32pei8qu said:
@Mysterybreaker
Because Bows are configurateds in the Bow add-on.
Yeah I know, I guess there is no way to change the graphic :/

ty for response.

Random other question: Anybody else have the issue with the "Stomp" skill where the enemy hovers in the air after you use it on them? They'll go back to normal if you attack them again though.

Hi I have two problems at the moment with the script:

1. Alot of the words are in another language when you battle. I was able to look through the script and fix a couple of the phrases, but I dont know how to change the "Level Up!" and "Lv" back to english. - Nevermind I found the problem and fixed it.

2. For some reason the xp bar doesn't fill for me. The HP and MP bars do fill correctly though.

Other than that though, great script.

EDIT: Ok I found a new, very very nasty glitch as I test my game. When I have random battles on the map, it randomly makes it so nothing can die. Typically the first monster or two will die but after that everything is immortal and I have no idea why it is doing this or how to fix it.

Atoa

@Nisage
Well, by default theres no way to do it, it would need an new code.

@Mysterybreaker
But *there* is a way, configure the graphic name for bow in the bow add on.

@Alex898
You should take an better look on the Battle Windows add-on, *all* text are configurated there.

About this "immortal" glitch, i never noticed it.

The bar bug will be fixed on the next update. (it already fixed, but i need update other things befor posting)

RPGuy

Atoa.

Well, I know it is not me doing doing the problem; I am positive of it.

I first opened the demo and changed the graphic of Aluxes to another battler, and it was animated with that battler. That shows it is an okay battler to use, is it not? Well.. I changed the max battlers to 40, then I named the monster "thing", and then I changed the graphic to the one Aluxes WAS. With The old Aluxes being a proven "ok" battler, and the thing monster being the old Aluxes, I initiated the battle (changed the troop to soldier, Aluxes, and thing) and when I start the battle, the third enemy I put in is always big, like the battler.

This also happens when I use a monster as well. I use the monster in a normal battle, and it works, but I used it in the new one, and it didn't work. Though, the ghost works....

Alright I believe I found out the source of the problem. When my enemy uses his poison attack it causes the glitch to occur. Whenever the enemy doesn't use the poison attack the battle ends fine. That being said, I don't know how I would fix it.

Edit: And that wasn't it either because now I am having the problem with an entirely new set of enemies. At least this time when they cast a sleep spell on one of my party members it made her immortal, when she hit 0 hp she could still fight. I think this glitch is related to status ailments.

RPGuy

What the heck... I make a new enemy and add the id number in and it doesn't work.... I even used a graphic that worked, so it has something to do with my adding of enemies.....

Can you screeny how to add enemies? I'm doing something wrong.... But I don't know what.

Here is me adding in the number for the new enemy I am making....
s1.jpg

Here is me putting in a graphic that I know works. It is already a graphic for a monster.
s2.jpg

And here it is not working....
s3.jpg

First off, thanks for the script! It is awesome so far, and compatible with a lot of things that I am wanting... even the Materia script :biggrin: (even though it says it shouldn't XD).

But I have a few simple questions. I've been looking at the scripts trying to figure out how to do this, but just either can't find them, or it won't let me do it. I know how to do most of everything I'm wanting (like changing the battle window and HP's around, or changing the position of the characters and making them animated battlers), but I just can't find this :cry: . Here's what I'm trying to look to change.

A ) Where do you go into the script(s) to move the command window? I'm referring to the window that has "Attack", "Magic", "Defend", etc? I cannot find it for the life of me >_>... The default is right in the middle of the screen, and I'd like to move it to the lower left corner (I already know how to move the window that holds the names, HP, SP, etc). Is it possible with this script, or am I going to have to find another script to be able to move it? (which will be fine)

B ) Is there a way to change it so that when a character attacks, he doesn't run up to the enemy, but only like a few feet forward (Can't find that one either in any of the scripts...)? I'm referring to every weapon they use, not just a bow, sword, etc. I just want them to step a few feet forward, but can't find where to change that in the script.

Again, thanks ^_^

======

By the way, if you are interested, I found a glitch. When you have ATB activated, and have enemy ATB bar activated as well, the game will crash when you get into an "Ambush" attack. I'm not sure if it was just a fluke on my side when I did it, since nobody else mentioned running into that. problem.

Nisage

Darn, oh well, I kind of figured having two different battle systems that need two different scripts would be complicated.

RPGuy

Don't worry... I got the problem fixed myself.... I dunno what I did, though. I did the same thing as I always did :p

Heres a picture of the immortal glitch I'm having in action.

bloodsphereglitch.jpg

You can't really tell but the enemies are immortal too. I did way more damage to them then they are supposed to have and they are still alive. I think it might be related to the unconcious/dead state getting messed up somehow. This only happens when an enemy uses a skill, if the fight goes on without one of the enemies using a skill they/party members will die as normal when they reach 0 hp. It also only happens when im actually playing/testing the game. When I do a test battle in the database the battles happen fine even if the enemies use skills.

I finally found out how to solve my problem. I was able to change both of them at last XD.

I do have one more question though. When the ATB script is activated, and I choose option 4 that allows me to place the ATB bars to wherever I choose them to be, whenever you put them on the battle window (where the HP, SP, etc is), it goes behind the window. The only way to see them is if your Battle Window is transparent (and even then they are hard to see). Is there a solution to fix this?

Atoa

@freezingicekirby
i think i screwed the z axis of the bar xD i fix it.

@Alex898
So it happens to actos too, it will make easier to find out what causin it, thanks

still would like to know how to get the weapon attacker animation to play.

would like:
weapon = no icon animation, similar to how you have the bow/gun/spear element ID's set up i suppose would be a good way to go about doing it, just set it so that it just moves the character to the enemy as with a normal attack, but doesnt animate the weapon swing and allows use of attacker animation.

that would be great

Atoa":2pgr0zp1 said:
@freezingicekirby
i think i screwed the z axis of the bar xD i fix it.

Thanks! I found the Z-axis thingy, and I set it so it wouldn't be behind the window. I didn't know that was what the Z-axis was for... I learn something new everyday -lol-.

One more thing though (sorry :sad: I know I've asked a lot of questions already). I found out how to change around where all the windows go, including the window that shows the health and the window that shows the battle commands (Attack, etc). Quick question though; is it possible to change the command window to show only three commands, but allows the player to scroll down to see any other commands that are available?

thing-1.jpg

I'll keep looking in the meantime. Thanks again! :biggrin:

Atoa

@freezingicekirby
I will add the option to set an "max" height for command window with the Individual commands add on.

Most of the add on will be upgraded on the nex updtate.

@Gimnis
I sais it would take a lot time i have my priorities, and you problem isn't one of them.
Don't expect any answe before the script is updated.

Okay Atoa I made an account here,
Uhm I have another question, I uploaded the game that comes with this script, deleted the maps, put in a new story title, but when I go to upload it to a website, it uploads with another game called LoH Demo or something. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.