Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe it's just me being stupid, but I can't figure out how to add new troops or even get any of the existing troops other than ghosts to work. They rither show up as the standard battlers or as complete charsets.
Just to mak sure I'm not just doing it wrong, here's what I'm doing:
- Create the enemy
-Add battler X to the battlers folder and the coresponding charset to the charsets folder
-Add the enemy ID to either enemy animated battlers or stationary enemies
-Create the troop

I'm pretty sure I got something mixed up here, but I can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Atoa

No you don't have to add the enemy ID to Stationary enemies, only to Enemy Animated Battler.
Make suer that the battler file name and the charset filename are exactly de same.

Also you must add correctly the enemy ID. it's not ID 8 isn't "008".

I tried both the ID with and without 0s. Neither worked. Both graphics files have the same name.
If I just switch the Ghosts\Aluxes\Soldier graphic for another monster it works fine, but only 3 monsters for a game is kinda lame. I also can make as many troops of those three as I want and they work. I tried just copying one of those monsters, but that only got me standards again. There must be something I'm not doing that was done to them.

Atoa

It's probably the file names of the battler and the charset. Try to change the file name to something simple like "monster1",remember that it's case sensitive.
Put the same file on the character folder and battler folder and set this file as the enemy graphic

If that don't work, post an image of the enemies animated battlers add-on,one of the enemy on the enemies tab of the database, and ond of the characeter and battler folders showing the name of both files.

I seem to have a problem where my animation that are suppose to fit the entire screen no longer do so. I also have a few animation that are ~80 frames and they seem to be cut short and I never see the entire animation.

Any idea on what could be causing this or how to fix it? This problem only started after switching to your battle system (which i love btw)

Atoa

@megatronx
For this system? No. I won't work anymore on this script (i'm only making bug fixes)

For my ACBS? Maybe i can add something like that as an add-on.

@Sandman53
I will check this later, but this can be solved making custom sequences for longer animations.

Atoa

@Coloso5
lol...
I just said in the post above yours that i'm no longer worinkg on this scripts, i'm only making bug fixes.

and someone who can do it please? i've tried , but I got the error:
RGGS Error disposed window and the problem is with AATB (ATB System) script, if I don't put it works. Help !!

cairn

@Coloso5
If you could send me the script via PM I could look into it, but since I'm no scripter I can't promise you results. Let's just drag this discussion out of the script thread.

And to everyone else. If you want a very custom battle system, I suggest looking at this script with a lot of attention, as you have a nearly infinite amount of possibilities if you do it right.

Deverl

Hey, I'm new to this forum and I just got Atoa's Script for Side view battle and I opened a new Project and copied all the data, Graphics, Etc. And for some reason no words appear whatsoever (besides the character names in the menus and battles). Otherwise, the script works fine and I get no errors using it. (I haven't had time to read the rest of the posts above mine back to page 4, so I don't know if this has already been said).

Screencaps spoilered:
Menu.jpg

Menu2.jpg

Dialog.jpg

Battle.jpg

Battle2.jpg

Any ideas/ help?

cairn

most likely you are missing the font used by the script. just look around on the battle windows script and you should find the font name. I'm using a comp without the project right now, so I can give you more help then this, sorry mate :/

Deverl

Thanks. It fixed some of my problems. But the Starting Menu, Main Menu, Weapons, Armors, Commands, and Skills still don't show anything. Is there a font that I can change in some other script?

Any other suggestions/answers?

Atoa

Well that has nothing to do with the script, since it doesn't mess with the main menu and other menu scenes.
The font used is Arial so it's not what causing the problems.

Deverl

Well, it only happened when I put on those scripts. I also put it on the game that I'm currently making and the same thing happened.

Script.jpg

Is there something wrong with the way I placed the Scripts?

Atoa

Are you using legal english rmxp.

Because this "Game_Temp" script isn't the one from the legal rmxp...

Make sure to use legal RMXP... i don't know if the script will work on modified rmxp versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.