Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@artxia98
And post here how exactly you add the enemies IDs on the animated battlers add on. Also, did you add the battler graphic to the enemy on the enemy tab of the database?

@Metalero
Look at Juuhou coment just few posts above

Step by step. Theres a charset of a robot. Called ag1. Then I just get some random robot battler image and name it ag1. I put charset ag1 into Character and battler ag1 into Battlers. Then I create the monster (id=41.) I use the battler "ag1." Ten I go to animated battlers. IDs are the standard ones, then (,)41. Then the first type of shadow I put the ID 41 in (not the flying shadow). I start it up and what. I get the battler. I tried the exct same thing with the RTP. But I suppose its because both are precisely already the same name. Maybe either it, or I, have a problem with importing sprites. :P

Atoa

post a image of the changes you've made on the script, maybe your idea is right but the syntaxe isn't.

And that there's nothing related to imported sprites.
If the graphic is on the right folders of your project. you don't even need to import them, just paste them on the game folder.

eabscript.png

:P

Darke

Dude , I was wondering where to find enemy battlers that fit with this system , any idea? :huh:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers , Darke. :boo:

I can't seem to find any mention of this anywhere but with the new "actor advanced status" plug in enabled ...even in the demo it came in...the only attack animation plug-in(spear, throw, dash, bow, ect...) any char will do is the animation type of the weapon that they where intialized with or a swing as default if no weapon. Since the "actor" plug in screws with the element atribute of the weapons and thats how the animation plug-ins find what is what, it kinda makes since. Ive tried turning off the Use_New_Resist and even adding more conditional branches to try and avoid it all together and nothing seems to work.

I'm kinda lost when it comes to ruby but i can normally understand the basic idea of what its doing. At one point the actor plug-in has this
"class RPG::Weapon" <-- is this not redefining the class? thereby screwing with the element states?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated!.

This script works great, except for two things...

1.) I can't seem to get it to work with SDK. There seems to be a problem with the script "*Sideview 2".

2.) Rather than using random encounters, I'm using enemy events on the map that trigger a "Battle Processing" command. When a random encounter occurs, the game uses this sideview battle system. But when I use the "Battle Processing" command, the default battle system is used! Is there any way to stop this? Is there a script I can call rather than using "Battle Processing"?

Thanks.

See thats odd i have mine working fine with SDK parts 1-2 i also have roaming monsters that use "battle processing" and never had a problem with it

Does no one seem to know what i am talking about with the "actor advanced status"? no one else getting people swinging guns and bombs?

I just re-downloaded the demo fresh copy ...placed actor advanced status above main and i still get the same problem ....the actors are stuck with the animation of the weapon they where defaulted with in the database. i equip a gun/bow/bomb/spear but he still swings it like a sword.

When I have enemies on the map that trigger a "Battle Processing" command, they now do this...

imoverhere.jpg

The strange part is, the battle system still works. I can select the enemies with the arrow and everything. It's just that I'm in a side view and they're not!

EDIT: This only seems to happen with most of the enemies. I tried this with ghosts and it worked fine. But many of the other monsters show up with a front view.

cairn

I think I'm going to cry. question: is this your 1st week with rmxp?
You need to set the mobs position on the troops tab of database. Why the hell ppl ignore the standard functions of RMXP -.-'?

I know they're in the wrong place. But that's not the problem! I can change their position all I want, the problem is that they are showing up as battlers instead of the character graphics like they are supposed to with the sideview battle system! The mob in the picture above is Kobold*2. They should show up like this:
cobold2.jpg

But they look like this:
cobold1.jpg

Get it??

Please somebody... anybody... help me....hell just acknowledge i asked a question. Ive been using the system for awhile with no prob and i understand relativity well how it works..... i just can't get it to work with the "advanced actor status" plug-in.

The question i had is a few posts back any help at all would be most welcome i have posted this question multiple places with no response.

@Gatleos

Hmm... maybe the character (Kobold Chara, not the Battler) you imported to your game has the same name as the default battler image?

example: The chara name is Kobold.
The default RTP battler name is Kobold too.

In this case, you import that chara into the "Battler" section.

I suggest you rename that custom Kobold chara into a different name, to prevent the problem that occurs to you.

Atoa

@kailen3
It's probably some glitch with the add-on, there's nothing you can do, just wait for the next update.(what will take some time, since now i'm focused on my ACBS)

If anyone does know how to get the advanced actor status to work without screwing up the animations please let me know.

I've been checking this and 2 other posts about 3 times a day trying to figure this out i love both scripts and would love to be able to use them both. (even if it means limited use of the advanced actor status)

I would owe whoever fixed this for me..Big time... Im not that great at any one thing but decent at most(except scripting where im just above newbie) but i am pretty darn good at editing(not creating) images (charset, tilesets, battlers, icons, ect...) and would be willing to help with anything anyway i can......... If i could just get my game back on track again

Ziack

Hi i'm new to all this stuff so please go easy on me...i mean im a real noobie lol.

Im not sure if this has already been asked but there are like 20 pagesof comments so cut me some slack XD

Just wondering if there is any way for me to change the layout/ look of the area where you HP/MP is displayed as i find it to be a bit too big and when the command window comes up it cover the enemies up and its kinda distracting.

I recently moved to rpg maker XP from VX when i learned how much better the mapping was. On VX i was using the latest Tankentai side battle system and the layout was quite good so i'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to make it more like that or... direct me to a more recent version of this one that IS different XD
I would upload a screenshot of the VX version but im pretty dumb with computers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.