Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
What You Mean...You Had The...Why Is There An Illegeal One Anyway?
No But Back To The Script...The Summons Are Great But Can You Change Where They Are?
I Would Like It If I Could Have My Dragon Summon ABOVE The Enemies...

Also...For An Add-on Could You Make A Script Where If You Cast A Certain Spell The Characters Fade Away? That Would Be Great Thanks! :cheers:

Something really concerns me and its related to "Damage and Database-Assigned Animations"

Its the part about the object, Object - [0=Self] [1=Target], and that is there is no option for the animation to cover the entire screen. So this may be why my fullscreen animations are no longer full screen, because it either centers over the target or self.

Juuhou

Sponsor

I wasnt sure where else to post this but when I use the ATB in conjunction with this, is it me or do some characters dont attack when they are told to, instead the wait bar just resets. Im not sure if this has been answered before or not as well. I just took a look and noticed that and wondered if there was a fix.

Juuhou

Sponsor

It appears that this only happens when you are using wait mode 1 or 2. On 0 it works fine, but its not the fast paced ATB that is desired. I think when 2 characters have their wait bar fill up at the same time, it causes some sort of conflict and makes it think that the other character has already attacked or something. Ill look into it more.

Well from what I noticed, I had multiple characters in my party (3) and on the first battle it would skip the first turn of the lasst character whose ATB bar had filled up. I dont know why. This also appears to happen on just the first battle with multiple characters, at least from what it appears. After that battle I re-entered and it worked fine. Its really odd.

I'm having a problem with the shadows.

On my new sprite, the shadow makes itself wider then it should be and changes position. I can get the position back under my characters feet by tinkering with the actor shadow portion of the SBS Config script. However, I can't get the shadow back to its normal size.

Here is an image so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://i25.tinypic.com/34oa1x2.jpg

And no, I haven't changed the shadow image - it is still shadow00, and I've tried assigning it to shadow00 specifically for this character, just in case it was changing for whatever reason but that didn't work. And when I do assign shadow01 to the character, it becomes even bigger.

I'm guessing there is some kind of script work in here that makes it so the shadow changes size to fit your character (her ears must be triggering it), but damned if I can find it. Is there a way to fix this?

Atoa

@Naomi_Maru
Do your charcater grapich have the default dimensions of XP character, 128 x 192?
The shadow height, width and position depends on the graphic dimensions.(so it's stretch to the graphic width)

If you don't want/can't change the character dimension, try to change the shadow graphic to something like this:
Shadow02.png

As you can see it have some blank space on the sides, adjust that spaces so it fits right to the character witdh

You should also change the shadow position fo the shadow.

@Juuhou
That bug with the atb was already noticed. The fix will come with the next update. (what can take some time since i'm busy with my CBS).

zchin

Sponsor

Ok, I have tested it, I've liked it, and now I'm going to use it, so I have just one question for you, how do you make a skill move a character and play a scene thing, like friend throw and the 4-man tech, I can't figure it our, could you help me with that? Or would you rather right a tutorial (I'd like that)!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Atoa

@zchin131
Well since i'm not the author of this script (i just port it to XP) i won't make any toturial for it.
You should check the configuration to see how it was done, also read *ALL* comments on the config.

Got a problem with it, not an error, just a problem.

It's that every time I use a magic skill, it deals 0 damage. It worked fine until I set DAMAGE_ALGORITHM_TYPE to 2. Since then, 0 damage. Tried lowering the enemy's VIT, INT, increasing the skill's power, lowering PDEF-F, MDEF-F, but still no prevail.

The situation:

Actor 2 has 469 INT
Enemy has 124 VIT, 129 INT.
Skill's power is 400, elemental but enemy isn't resistant to that one.

What could be the problem? I'm not much of a scripter, don't see what goes wrong.

Maybe this was mentioned before. But I didnt see it.
I cant get the monsters to animate (use sprite). Im making a sci fi RPG, and I use the mech sprits from KN_E. So I put ag1 into Characters. Then I put some random picture into Battlers called ag1. I go to animate script. Add ID=41 (the "AG1"). Then add it to the first set of shadows. I test it out. I see shadow but I dont see the sprite. Only the battler. I tried it with the standard rtp, it works. Is it compatible with imports?

I hate to rehash a topic that's this old, but I have a question nobody else can seem to answer, and I'm sure the solution is far simpler than I think. I notice this script includes HP and SP bars down below where the character name and level are. I would like to remove all text in that window EXCEPT the name and level, so that only the HP and SP pictures show in their place.

I'm NO scripter, so somebody's probably going to have to draw this out for me in crayon.

cairn

Knox, go into the normal rmxp database. On the last tab, called 'System', there should be a place to name SP and HP. Just leave those 2 points blank and you have it set.

Atoa

@artxia98
Did you read the instructions correctly?

You must have an charset and an battler with the same file name.
You need both.

Also this works better with charsets, to use custom sprites it's far more complicated.

Hey! Now I´ve got te possibility to ask for help to Atoa XD

I´ll try to explain mi problem in the most detaliled form I can.

Then thing is, at the time one pj´s atb is full, if you select attack (or a magic casta or an item), and you are in the "arroy time", if the enemy attakcs you, you "lose" de turn, cos, although you can select your "goal", the pj do nothing.

I was trying to repair it and I couldn´t XD, but I think the problmem is in the @update_turn_end variable, because it becomes False when the enemy ataks you and, when you try to attak, it´s false and the attak is canceled.

Well I am not shure if that´s de problem, but it might be. anyway, I hope you, or somebady can help me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.