Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@Darth J
How can I know? I'm not a seer, i'm an scripter
First, post your doubts in this topic,please don't ask for help with this script vai PM.
If you need support give many info as possible:
Here's some infos that would help to find out what is causing errors:

* A image of the error message or at last *everithing* shown on the error message, not only the line wich the error occured (if an error message pops)
* All info about the situations that the error occurs, like info of party and enemies troop, wich action they were doing.
* A list of custom scripts and/or add ons used, in the same order they are on the editor.
* If you have a problem with enemies animated battlers check the useful links, theres a topic that can helps you.

zchin

Sponsor

Suggestion
I was wondering it was possible to have a claw addon, you know, for people who use their fists or gloves.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Atoa

I'm not going to add anything else for this script.

For now i'm only going to do bug fixes.

This system is greatly customizable, it's up to the user to add new moves.

Hello,

Ive just downloaded the demo and everything works except for the heros ranged weapons.

When I equip a ranged weapon, heros 1, 2 and 4 simply rush to the enemy and hit him with it.
Hero 3 uses her Bow, no matter what weapon shes equipped with.
The animation always changes correctly though.

When I use Hero 2 throw weapon skill she pulls out the weapon I equipped her with,
but it always turns into a sword when thrown.

I looked at the script and the database,
but I cant find anything wrong.
And yes, I do use the version directly after downloading without changing anything.
Please help.

Well I had a look at my current custom scripts (Exept the core scripts in the demo) and got rid of them all (Exept the core scripts in the demo)and it still didn't work it come up with a box saying: Script '*Sideview1' line 1733: SyntaxError occured and all I was doing was starting the game it doesn't even get to the load game, new game, exit.

Atoa

@Darth J
well this is impossible...
The script '*Sideview1' has only 1732 lines.
You copied something wrong. Copy and paste the scripts properly.

@BioRex23
The ranged weapons works fine, i just tested here.
Unless you're talking about skill, skills has it own animation, no matter of the weapon you using.
So if you use an CrossCut with an bow he will rush to the enemy and "slice" with the bow.

OK, thanks for the help with the skill.

Your ranged weapons are working? Thats odd, because mine definately arent:
70924342.gif

Ive done nothing but equip them with Boomerang, Shuriken, Kunai and Bomb.
Then I started battle and just hit attack for all and this is what happened.

Im sorry, but ive already downloaded it three times with the same results.
Am I the only one, who has this bug :blank: ?

I did that no syntax error :biggrin: but there was a no method error :sad: it says: Script '*Sideview 1' line 439: NoMethodError occurred undefined '[]' for nil:NilClass.
like before just core scripts but ths time it appeard just before battle occured.
two charactures in party and some text changed (save\load title menu stuff like that) as well as the gold cap and then hp cap (I think (by that I mean I ether did or didn't)) and thats it.

Atoa

@BioRex23
Before claim that something is a bug, try to understand how the things works.

It's not because the icon is of an ranged weapon that the weapon will be ranged.
I added the weapons, but forgot to set them as ranged on the demo. Simple.
There's no bug. Just try to undestand how the add-ons works and make the settings by yourself.

@Darht J
I will check it

I know its not just because of the Icons...

I looked at the scripts and checked the elements that define the wepons as ranged.
As are Throw Return, Spin and Straight and finally Bomb. They were all checked for the appropriate weapons.
Ive tried to figure it out by reading the inscript info text, but like I said I couldnt find anything wrong.

If there is anything Ive overlooked please tell.

I didnt mean any offense by calling it a bug.
Look I know it must be tidious to be answering all these noob questions,
but calm down were not here to blame you, nor do we know any better than you :wink: .

Atoa

@Darth J
Please post a screen shot of the list of the scripts you using.
The error you're pointing are simple impossible to happen, unless you're installing the script wrong.

@BioRex23
- Make sure that *no* add on is above the battle scripts.
- Make sure that the elements exists and they're not shared by any other add-on.
- Redownload the demo.

well I did that and it still shows that no class error thing. It shows up right before battle and I just copied all of the core scripts. But the wierd thing is Battle tests work just not acctual battles.

Atoa

Omg...
It's obivius that you will get erros.

You must paste the core scritps in the *same order as they are in the demo*
First the two config, then sideview1, then sideview2.

Thx a lot Atoa, the new demos working fine.

What exactly did you change?
I noticed you didnt insert the addtional equipment addon this time.

Um yeah: I downloaded the "new" demo and suddenly the ranged weapons work,
but now the Boots and additional accesoire slots are gone and the names of the slots have been changed too...
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/35238217.gif/

Add: I found the problem. In my older version the "Actor Advanced Status" is twice in the list:
Above main under HP and MP meters and below Atoa CTB. In the newer version it is only under Atoa CTB.
As you described in the inscript info text, the changing of equipment gets messed up if you implement it.

I did not put it there, I just noticed now...
Theyre both 2.2 versions...hrm

Anyways thx, now I can finally test it out :smile: .

Atoa

Man... you just proved that you didn't read the *READ ME*

It was just an small mistake that i uploaded the script with the Actor's Advanced Status Add On above Main.
But if you could figure out that by yourself if you readed the READ ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.