Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cairn

kid, it's not because you are 12 and you understand SOMETHING about scripting that you can call everyone else a n00b. People have problems and most of them want to get them solved, but not everyone can figure it out alone. If you want a little war about who is or who isn't a n00b, I bet 90% of the forums could win from you...easy. Good Ol' Isaac was said to be annoying sometimes, but you are on the next level.

Anyway, Atoa, I'll be able to give you some feedback on the script starting next week, (so close to be done with this semester @_@) but it seems like most of the scripts should be working now, looking at the comments I mean.

Atoa

@Squall leonhart 323
Well some doubts are really obvious, and could be solved if people read the instructions.
But you your post was really unnecessary. Some of the doubts may look silly, but they aren't so simple to figure alone.

Ok, I got a problem. When I go into battle I get this error "Script 'Atoa ATB' line 742: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '>=' for nil:NilClass"

How do I fix this? Please help.

Sorry lol... I Didn't Mean It That Way But If You Need Help I Guess I Can

P.S:The ATB Has A Compatibility Issue With One Of The Other Ones You Should Read The Script It Says At The Top (I Think)

Atoa

@ballroomblitz15
The first step is give more info, simply point the line wich gave the error isn't enough for me. Since no one else get this error until now, it may be some setting change you've done. I need to know wich changes you've done so i can reproduce the error here and find the source.

bigace

Okay script is looking fine, but want to point something out then I'll be out of your hair, and sorry for all the stupid obvious questions, I know your probably getting frustrated.

Question #1: When i loaded the new update and went to play the demo and all the item and equiptment were in my inventor. I have no clue how they got there. If theres something in the script that can remove it can you say which one it is.

Question #2: I wanted to add these other two scripts with you guys scripts, but your script appears to not like them so I took them out. I didn't see any compatibility problems with it so I went on ahead and add them. The two scripts was:
-Monster Album
-Star Ocean Battle Areana

When I add the star Ocean battle areana and try to start a battle anywhere this comes up
Untitled_14.png

When I add the Monster album and try to start a battle this comes up
Untitled_2_copy.png

And here's the picture of the list of scripts if needed.
Untitled_4.png

The only script I got to work with yours is the Star ocean shop script, but I think that works only because it doesn't interfere with the battle script.
Thats all I can tell you, If you want me to send you guys the two scripts I can do that, other then that I don't know. If nothing can be done thats fine, game just wont be as cool.

Atoa

Question #1: I added an common event to add all items at once.

Well, this script isn't firendly with other scripts that mess with battle.
So you must choose wich one to use.

bigace

question # 1 Redone: Okay thanks I found it.

question # 2 Redone: I actually found something in the guys forum post on the other site it said for the Monster album:
Script Conflicts and Compatability:
# This is an Advisory for those of you using multiple scripts. If you are
# using other scripts that rewrite the same classes or methods as this one,
# there may be a conflict and things will work incorrectly in unpredictable
# ways. I put all the Classes that could cause conflicts in the Utilities
# Section III.
#
# To remedy a script conflict, the pieces of the classes or methods that
# overwrite each other must be combined.
#
# Script conflicts are a major issue with many users. I get many messages
# form those having problems. Almost always it is due to script conflicts.
# Ocassionally I offer quick tips, fixes, and instructions to get them to
# work. However, as my time is limited, I can't always provide help on an
# individual basis.

To bad the last time this guy posted there was beginning of 2007.

I just need to conflict both and I'll be fine. But thanks for telling the first thing though.
and I also got the Star Ocean Battle Arean to work as well, My dumb ass forgot to remove all the SDK scripts from the Battle Areana because yours runs off of something else. Which what i need to do with the bestiary.

Atoa

Try getting Momomomo Bestiary script, it should work since it don't overwite battle methods (this just aliases some of them)

bigace

last simple question, you can change the throwning script from using weapons to being able to use it as a item instead. If I can do that tell where to change it. Because it sounds like more sense to make Throwing weapon like a ninja star or a knife a item because they never should come back, you should have to buy a whole new set of them first. but the Throw return script is fine because it comes back so that can still be a weapon id scritp.

-Squall leonhart 323:
thanks can you I'll try it out.

bigace

Okay thats fine, just asking I'll try and figure it out myself then, If I do get I'll tell you and maybe you can update in there.
Maybe...

These scripts are amazing. I managed to find almost everything I needed in one package. I've been messing around with it and so far haven't gotten any errors yet.

Squall leonhart 323":rev8avzs said:
I've Got Bestiary Script That's Compatible.I'll Post it If You Want!

Could you post it? I'd like to use it.

EDIT: When I turned off Shadows and killed the AtmaWeapon in the demo, I got an error on line 64 on the Advanced Collapse script.

EDIT 2: When I turn off EXP Sharing, all of the actors gain double EXP.

hey, I know you won't make it SDK compatible, I did read the reply's so I am not asking that but, the game I am working on, Requires several SDK only scripts, and this is the only one that isn't SDK could anyone here convert this to SDK or tell me of a good side view battle system that is similar to this, but compatible with sdk, cuzz this is the best one out there I have seen so far, A++ work, and took your time on it, just wandering if there is any out there that are similar to this one but works on sdk, I tried to mess with it for almost a full day, until i Realized it was not comparable with sdk ^^

zchin

Sponsor

ooooopppps, well last time I checked it wasn't there, and I have come into a error.
I am currently using a full screen code script, and a AMS what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.