Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoa

@Crazy Li
Be patient man, i'm checking first what can be causing this error.

@doyleman
This wasn't supposed to happen since it's an array that handles the action order. I will check it.

I am trying to move the Battle Results window to the top of the screen where the "Fight" and "Escape" options are.

Under the default scripts I am able to achieve this by deleting line 20 self.y = 160 - height / 2 in Window_BattleResult. When I do the same thing within this Battle System it has no effect on repositioning the window.

I am a complete noob at this, but aspire to gain proficiency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fuestons1":2hoi8ao3 said:
I am trying to move the Battle Results window to the top of the screen where the "Fight" and "Escape" options are.

Under the default scripts I am able to achieve this by deleting line 20 self.y = 160 - height / 2 in Window_BattleResult. When I do the same thing within this Battle System it has no effect on repositioning the window.

I am a complete noob at this, but aspire to gain proficiency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I can help with that much. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend deleting the whole line in the first place. It's better to change the value... 0 probably works if you want it to be at the top. But that aside, you're gonna need to go to your Sideview 2 script, as it has its own version of Window_BattleResult that takes priority.

Just do a search for "class Window_BattleResult" it should start around line 3099. look down a little and you should see the "self.y = 160 - height / 2" again. In theory, just setting the self.y equal to zero should do the trick.

Hi there,

First of all, I gotta say that this script is AMAZING.

Thanks much.

Now I have a little problem here. I already downloaded the demo and all and maybe it's just stupid me but when I defeat an enemy, the screen makes flashes and special effects when the enemy disappears. Is there anyway to disable this?

cairn

that's the advance enemy collapse effect. One of the add-ons got a line with all the enemy IDs that carry enemies with the advanced collapse effect, just remove the ID of the enemy and there you go.

Scalfittura":1bixbczl said:
Kyla_Alexa":1bixbczl said:
hi i have little problems.

1st. the enemy here has a sword. which really looks weird because since when did squirrel's have swords.
lolsquirrel.png

2nd. the little cute enemies float. i don't know why.
floatsquirel.png

please help. will really appreciate it.

Oh my fucking god, it's a squirrel with a sword!!!

The only thing better would be SHarks With Lasers!

Thanks, it worked. :D

One more thing. I now notice that in battle, I get all items. O_O Is there any way to remove this? The items only come when battles, but before that, it is empty and clear.

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. :)

I've run into a frustrating little problem... When a battle starts up, I get the following error:

Script '* Sideview 1' line 336: NameError occurred.
undefined local variable or method 'update_target' for #<Sprite_Battler:0x4787e08>

I'm using the code exactly as it is. Core files were copy-pasted completely.
:|

Never mind, just a wierd bug. It's fine now.

Atoa":3w01tqp4 said:
@Crazy Li
Be patient man, i'm checking first what can be causing this error.

@doyleman
This wasn't supposed to happen since it's an array that handles the action order. I will check it.

ah... Hmm, i havent gone over the code to check it; and been to busy too. i have no clue how rgss handles references or pointers--if at all; so perhaps its a problem with that? I should pick up a tutorial on ruby quick... hm.

@Atoa.

ok so i set the "Enemy Equipped Weapon Add-on" all to 0. i playtested it they still hold a weapons.

i also edited the positions and added numbers on the return [0, 0] part but there was no changes.

bigace

im thinking were talking about to different things here, let me rephrase it. When the bar fills to max do I have to click a button or does the skill pop up in the skill menu during battle. I've looked twice once before and after you told me to look and don't see anything in the config op that ask anything about it. Unless were on two different things please show where its a please.

Atoa

Theres no "skill pop up".
The overdrive skills are normal skills, you still need to learn them normally (with level up or events), you still need to have SP for them... The overdrive only blocks the skill usage until the bar is full.

In the first loption you set wich skill is an overdrive skill, by adding the skill IDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.