Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, now I got the Multi Shock skill as an example and found out a way of creating my fireballs! Thanks for your support.
Still.. It seems kinda strange to shoot a sword with some bow skills.

Hello, wonderful script.
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a fifth battler to the battle screen?
I'm making a game for my nieces and nephews and want to include them as the main characters, but there are 5 of them.
Thank you.

Atoa

Omg, people like to ask thing before even trying.

@drowmetal
For the script there's no "sword skills" or "bow skills", it's you the one that set if an skill is an "bow" or "sword".

@Rajaat99(2)
img2-18.png

Special attention to the lines:
# Maximum party members that can fight at the same time.
# Remember to add/remove coordinates in ACTOR_POSITION if you adjust
# the MAX_MEMBER value.

Thank you very much for such a hasty response.
I changed what you stated above to
Script.JPG

I got the following error when starting the game "Script'*SBS Config' line 44: SyntaxError occurred."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yin

Looks like you just forgot to put the extra bracket. Notice there's 2 brackets after the ACTOR_POSITION =
Just add another one to the end that should fix it.

Thank you, that allowed me to start the game and fight! I feel so stupid for not catching the bracket thing.

However, after the battle ends, I'm getting another error. But that's not with this script, it's with the large party script, so nevermind.
Thank you. I'll have to figure the next one out on my own. :smile:

I just suddenly been getting the following error trying to do a battle test:

"line 1561: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass"

I haven't changed anything recently since it last worked that I can think of...

@Atoa that´s not what I meant.
If you see the skills in the Demo: 073-Bird Killer ~ 076 Sidewinder. All four of them have the "Bow and Arrow" element. If you use any of these 4 skills with a bow it goes fine. But if you have some other weapon equipped, It will show the bow firing the weapon you have equipped for example.
This issue can be avoided by not letting the bow wielder equip other kind of weapons, or making the skills not useable if not wearing a bow.
Anyway, I got MY problem solved, this is not a problem for me. Yet it´s kinda a little bug, but nothing that ruins a gameplay.

I have no idea Atoa, but ive got to ask, is it possible to make the battle system include:
Trickster's Bag Of Skill Effects 6.0 (No Joy)
Trickster's Stealing Mugging Scanning 6.3 (No Joy)
Skills That Consume Items (No Joy)
Dalissa's Battle Cry (Works To Some Degree)
Momomo's Bestiary Script + Demon Picture book (No Joy)
Im assumeing it would take alot of changes to get these to function corrrectly, im just asking if the system could be edited to include these features.

Atoa

@drowmetal
No it's not a little buggy
It's up to you to prevent this.
Theres a couple of scripts that prevents actors to use skills if they don't have the right weapons. (i even posted one in a request some time ago)
Also you can simply make actors that use bows don't use other weapons.
You can't expect the script to do everything alone.

@Crazy Li
More info please, line 1561... of wich script? and you didn't post a list of the current custom scripts and add ons.

@Superman Prime
Directly: no.
But it can be easly done with a few edits.

@n00b_on_fire
*Anything* is possible in rgss. Something can be really hard, but never impossible.
But since most of these systems was designed for the defaut battle system, it would really need a lot of changes to make them work.

gah... I must have been out of it when I posted that... I completely forgot to type the script name... it's in the Advanced Actor Status thingy... and I'm just using the core battle scripts, the ATB, and the Advanced Actor Status

Shu

Sorry if these issues have been solved already (but I couldn't find the solution through the search engine.)

Spoiler for somewhat large images:

ATB Summon issue:
Summonerror.jpg

Problem getting chars on timed ATB bar:
ATBHeadproblem.jpg

ATBTimebar.jpg

So in the first screenshot, my problem is that I am using ATB with summon, towards the end of the battle (when the summon vanishes) I receive that error.

The second screenshot isn't an error, but I'm trying to get my character icons to go on the ATB Time bar, but they refuse to go up. The images I am using are PNG and the correct size... So am I missing a space or something?

Also, does anyone know how to make 2 Man Tech-Attacks work with Atoa ATB? (When I plugin the ATB script, 2/4 Man tech attacks do nothing.)

Any help would be appreciated!

-Shu

Hello,
I have a bizarre error that comes up whenever I go to battle 069-Goblin03.
"Unable to find Graphics/Characters/."
No file name, just a .
The monster ID is listed under the ENEMY_ANIME_BATTLERS ENEMY_ID
Anyone know why it's not giving me a file name?

Update: I deleted the battle from Troops ID 13 and made it ID 14 instead and now it works fine. I created a new battle in Troop ID 13, using monsters that worked fine in another Troop ID, and it didn't work either. The problem is with ID 13. Weird.

Atoa

@Shu
Summon+ATB glicht is solved, update the summon and ATB scripts.

About the icons, remember that they're case sensitive and is based on *battler* name, not the charset.

About the 2/4 man techs... you must first use the assists, then use the attack before the battlers that used the assist fill completely the bar.

I'm sorry for being a pain.
My 5th character's skills do not show during battle. If someone can point me in the right direction to fix this, I would appreciate it.
When the same character is in a battle with only 4 characters, his skills work fine. Yes he has skills and yes they are assigned to his class.
Thank you for any help anyone is willing to offer.

Update: I figured it out, nevermind. By the way, great script. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.