Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubble post:
Why are the only monsters that will work with the SBS the ghost?
The other ones won't work here :S
Can anyone help me with that?

Atoa

@Scalfittura
Img17-7.png

Hello, i'm having some script problems. when i test play i get the following error when the character moves up to attack in battle

script 'Actor Advanced Status' line 890: NoMethodError occurred
undiefined method ' element_set' for nil:NilClass

i don't get this in the database's test battle only in test play
also im using a new class that i had put together

im figuring its because i haven't coded in the new classes into the script...but i have no clue on how to do that
Heres an image if that helps (i don't think it makes a difference in this case though :P)

l_389c1bc8e84345da87f9336ddcd1c2c4.jpg

I've got a question of how to do something with the system... might seem kinda simple, but I can't figure it out.

Ok, so here's what I wanna do: I want to have an in-game event that forces equipment to the off-hand of a character who can dual wield. Since it's impossible to set that 2nd weapon as starting equipment via the Database, you'd obviously need to call a script that sets it instead, but what syntax would I need?

Atoa

@Crazi Li
Img17-9.png

@EWeapon
I suppose one of the actors was unnarmed, try the test with an unnarmed actor and see if the glicht still happens.

Atoa the glitch happened again with another unarmed actor...the original i used was unarmed but this gave me an idea to try it by equipping the actor with a weapon and the glitch did not happen, so i guess the system doesn't support a brawler type class. thanks for the help

hmm... that's interesting... I don't even HAVE that script you just showed... (even though I recent re-downloaded the file for this)

I guess I'll hafta try again to get this to work, because that code doesn't work with whatever I have now.

Edit: Ok, I tried to get the stuff for the latest version again and overwrite my old scripts but now I'm encountering an error in the battles. Whenever I go to make an attack, it crashes saying:

Script 'Actor Advanced Status' line 866: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant Game_Battler::Weapon_Damage_Type

I probably overlooked something when I was trying to update, but any idea what?

Atoa

@Crazy Li
Sou you didn't download the updated version.

I suppose you didn't copy all the scripts, i suggest you making a copy of the older version, remove all the old scripts and add the updated ones.

Then you use the configuration of the older version.

@EWeapon
The script was supposed to work with unnarmed battlers, i will check that.

hmm... you mean I can't just update the Sideview1 and 2 scripts plus add-on scripts? I thought the first two parts (config and XP config) were purely configuration and I could leave those untouched. it would suck if I have to re-do all my configurations, especially in the first one, since I gutted out everything that was in there by default and made my own action definitions from scratch.

Atoa

@Crazy Li
There's new configurations in the Config XP. so you need to update it too.

@EWeapon
I think it's solved now (i've made a lot of tests this time, at last the unnarmed glithc is solved \o)

Okay...
Point 1: I love this battle system.
Point 2: I love this battle system, But, I would like to know how I can use the Battlers from your other battle system, Whilst retaining Charset based enemies.

Overall, It would look a bit like this...
060309db85.bmp

I just wanna know what I'd need to do to achieve this result.
Thanks.

Atoa

@Zackwell
This battle is supposed to use charstes, not Custom Battlers.
You can use custom battler but it's really a pain to configure them and i'm not going to teach this, since i've made an battle system that fits Custom Battlers better.

I suggest you using my ACBS (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62914) or other minkoff based.

I'm getting an error:
"Script '*Sideview 1' line 439: No MethodError occurred."
"undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass"

I have no idea what that means. I'm not using any other scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.