Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh duh. X_X
I wanted it to do STOMP. Not jump. <.<
I mis-read the action. I will try it and see if that fixes the problem.
I feel pretty stupid. :haha:

EDITEDITEDIT: Okay so I changed it and it didn't work still. Then I realized it was because I had a assigned a new attribute to the skill. i guess it doesn't work with switching new element attributes?

Also I'm having issues with enemy collapse ID 3. The special one. The Advanced enemy collapse add on also doesn't work for me either giving me an error about bitmap something. Help?

Another question I had is that the animations I make are transparent from some reason. Is this the maker itself doing it? I've never had a problem with it before.

Atoa

About elements, you must check if the element isn't being used by another add-on, aside from that, you can set elements for skills.

Also i checked the collapse and Advanced Collapse and get no errors.

If you've got that erros outside the demo, it can be incopability.

The animation has nothing do to with the script, check the blend type of the frame.

also you should check this:
First, post your doubts in this topic,please don't ask for help with this script vai PM.
If you need support give many info as possible:
Here's some infos that would help to find out what is causing errors:
  • A image of the error message or at last *everithing* shown on the error message, not only the line wich the error occured (if an error message pops)
  • All info about the situations that the error occurs, like info of party and enemies troop, wich action they were doing.
  • A list of custom scripts and/or add ons used, in the same order they are on the editor.
  • If you have a problem with enemies animated battlers check the useful links, theres a topic that can helps you.
It was on the main post of the topic

Rezca

Error message recieved:

Script '* Sideview 2' line 3069: ArgumentError occurred.

wrong number of arguments(0 for 4)

Scripts and their current load order:

RMXP Standard Development Kit v2.4
Method & Class Library v2.3
* SbS Config
* SBS Config - XP
* Sideview 1
* Sideview 2
Example Skills
Advanced Collapse
HP and MP Meters
Atoa ATB
Damage Limit
Main (Of course.)

Info regarding the situation that caused the error:

Upon entering any battle, the program throws up the above mentioned error.
The only entries in the Database I edited were the first 8 spells, lowering their healing/damage output
and clearing the database of all default items/armor/weapons and starting from scratch.

Additionally, without the SDK and Method Library, I receive a slightly different error:

Script 'Atoa ATB' line 482: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'casting' for #<Game_Enemy:0x3d40c00>

This error comes up whenever a "dummy" monster I created casts the default 'Fire' spell from the Demo.
The dummy Is just a default Ghost with normal stats.

I hope I provided enough information.

cairn

rezca, I don't think that such a customizable CBS like this will end up very well with the SDK. About your other error, you are gonna have to wait atoa to come online to look into it.

Atoa

This script isn't compatible with SDK, and i'm not going to make it SDK.
So, unless someone else do this, you will have to wait SDK 3.x (it looks that you will have options to disable parts of the SDK for compatibility)
And i don't know if it's compatible with MACL.

The problem with the enemy casting was solved.

Hmm, just wondering, is there any way to keep the battle command window, and the CTB window up all the time? Because normally it's closed when you attack.

Rezca

Heh, figures ;) Half of the scripts I have aren't compatible with the SDK, so I have to pick and chose and that can get tough.
As for the battler issue, thanks. I'm sorry for putting you through this hassle Atoa.

I have been searching around looking for a way to make combat text be displayed when damage is dealt during a fight. I have found very little reference to this which leads me to believe its such a small thing that no one talks about it.

I LOVE this combat system I downloaded the demo and have been tinkering with it, one thing I noticed is in the screenshots(the second one) on page 1 of this thread there seems to be combat damage displayed during an attack.

While testing the demo the combat text was not displayed.

I was wondering if this was part of the demo or if maybe it was not. My best guess is that its a toggle I dont know where to find. My rpg will be perfect and not need anymore scripts or addons once I figure out how to display combat damage.

I understand the basics as to what would be required to script displayed combat damage and am simply looking for someone to let me know if this script(s) or its addons has this option built in.

If anyone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Atoa

@fox5
if you check *all* the CTB config you will find your answer.

@Jonbonium
If you talkngin about the damage digits, theres an really big module with lots of options to edit damage display.
Maybe your PC don't have the font nedeed (it's Arial Black), but you can change that on the line "Damage_Font = 'Arial Black' ".

Yup that was the problem I didnt have the correct font.
Just so others know the script with the font in it is
* SBS Config - XP
I had to search each one with the Ctrl+F command since for some reason Atoa didnt say where it was. Thankfully it was the third from the top.

Thanks Atoa

lol And now I'm back with another question. lol

I'm making a Mario RPG game using this battle system. I have a shyguy who is trying to FLICK a booger at the characters... and I have everything done EXCEPT the actual graphic for the projectile in question.

How do I make it so that the enemies can throw weapons? Because I've tried everything I could find.
Maybe I edited something wrong or something because where I THINK it would be, is just not working.

: (

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, Atoa.
First, I want to say this is a very well done script, and I plan to use this in one of my projects.

That being said, I would like to point out that while using the 'Atoa CTB' you added, you cannot use any items when the script is active, as doing so causes the game to crash, even in the demo you provided.
You get an error along the lines of:

Code:
Script 'Atoa CTB' line 994: NameError occurred.

undefined local variable or method 'skill' for #<Scene_Battle:0x85b7498>

Surprised no one else noticed this, seems really important.

I'll probably PM this to you also, so sorry if you see it twice.

~Lightbulb Project

Atoa

@Jonbonium
Well... if you used ctrl + shift + F (instead of ctrl + F) it would search all the scripts for you '-'

@Lightbulb Project
Are you sure your version is the latest? Because this glitch was already solved.
In any case, download the script again, i'm just re-checked it.

Sorry, i'm a newbie here, and i'm looking at your script, and looks good..
i'm downloading the demo and using it as base of my project, but there's no font in chatbox or in battle, all of them just a blank box with nothing..
:sad: :sad:

Atoa

@Mizuki
I think the problem is with your rmxp version, since that has nothing to do with the script it self.
You should get the latest original version (1.02E for english rmxp or 1.03J for japanese).

The rmxp default font is Arial, you also should check if you have it.

ouw i see, mine is 1.02a is it the same as 1.02E that i should use?
I'm googling and i can't find any 1.02 version, i wonder if you have a link?
i'm really sorry if it's out of topic, because i shouldn't ask you in here :sad:

sorry again for double post, i've test with 1.02a, and it work, thanks..
I gotta go for my project now, i'll credit you later
thanks ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.