Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP - Version 2.2xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigace

Atoa":1ac6ui18 said:
@bigace
could you upload it on an image host? I can't see attachments without logging on rpg revolution.

Sorry about that I updated the last post for you to see the picture.

bigace

Atoa":3nezm7bd said:
@bigace
could you upload it on an image host? I can't see attachments without logging on rpg revolution.

Sorry about that I updated the last post for you to see the picture.

bigace

man come on do you know where I can upload this picture then because this is more annoying then the picture Im showing you.

Thanks for the script! But I have a little question.
When I'm using a Sword, if I use a Bow Element skill, the bow will shoot the weapon I have in hand instead of the usual arrow. If I have a bow equiped it goes fine.
Went to the scripts and found this:
Code:
class RPG::Skill

alias bubs_bow_base_action base_action

def base_action

# If "Bow" Element is checked on the weapons tab in the database,

#  the new ranged attack action sequence is used.

if $data_skills[@id].element_set.include?(N01::BOW_WEAPON_ELEMENT) and $back_attack

return "NEW_BOW_ATTACK(BA)" # Back attack

elsif $data_skills[@id].element_set.include?(N01::BOW_WEAPON_ELEMENT)

return "NEW_BOW_ATTACK" # Normal

end

bubs_bow_base_action

end

alias bubs_bow_flying_graphic flying_graphic

def flying_graphic

if $data_skills[@id].element_set.include?(N01::BOW_WEAPON_ELEMENT)

return "woodarrow"  <--[color=#FF0000]If Im right, this should override the Flying graphic whenever I use a skill wich is bow elemented. But this don´t seem to work. If I have a sword equiped, the skill will use a bow and shoot a sword.[/color]

end

bubs_bow_flying_graphic

end

end
My real problem is that I want to create a skill that creates a fireball that shoots at enemies. But if the Flying Graphic override doesn´t work for skills, I can only get to throw my own weapon at enemies unless I create a weapon and tell it to override the flying object for the weapon. But I want the skill to be useable regardless the weapon my character is equipped, the "Flying Object" should always be my fireball.
So, any idea of what is causing it? Or how could I create an action sequence where I can set my fireball graphic as default whenever I launch the skill?
Thanks for all support!

hi im having trouble. everytime a battle will finish this error appears>>

wahz.png

a help will be gladly appreciated.

http://bb.xieke.com/ upload a picture and use an Image tag when you post it. :)
Its kinda sad you cant figure that out. :(

Anyway, I really like this script Atoa, it takes a lot less work off our hands and its easy to use. It has a nice balance of custimizable feature too, so it fits more needs. Great work! :)

bigace

becoolioman":1hbnokxs said:
http://bb.xieke.com/ upload a picture and use an Image tag when you post it. :)
Its kinda sad you cant figure that out. :(

Ya, thanks for the info, but you don't have to be a dick about it not everyone can think about this stuff on the top of there head.
Any way Atoa heres the picture.

Now back to what I was saying, everytime someone pulls out a gun in the party. This happens
Untitled_2.png

What does this mean.

It means that the sound effect, close 1, is not in the sound effect audio folder. :)
(and honestly, if you typed in image hoster or image uploader on google, you would of found one, tis is the truth.)

It means that the sound effect, close 1, is not in the sound effect audio folder. :)
(and honestly, if you typed in image hoster or image uploader on google, you would of found one, tis is the truth.)

UGH, it double posted me,
that must mean the forum loves me even more. :)

cairn

drow, you could always copy the bow add-on, add another element that will be your *fireball* add-on and the new graphic. I'm not sure if this would work for what you have in mind, but I think its worth a try.
And bigace, I think that any newcomer can figure out those standard messages from rmxp that a file is missing from the folder in question, it's a pretty direct message from the program ._.
Kyla, your problem should be easy to solve. It seems to be a typo actually, just change
perfetc_attack_effect for perfect_attack_effect.

bigace

Ya like I said already I tried doing that and it didn't work that why im here. that message never pop up before so thats why im asking. If it was that obvious then it would of went a way by now when I tried it.

Atoa

@Kyla_Alexa
Quite strange, this was a typo that i'm was sure that was solved.

@bigace
It's a sound effect from the demo.
You surely didn't read the instructions, it's saysyou must move some files from the demo to your game.

cairn, thanks for your support but it wouldn´t work.
Actually copying the bow addon was what I was doing in first place then I discovered that skills don´t override the thrown object as they should.
If I have a bow equipped and use a bow skill, it goes fine.
If I have a sword equipped and use a bow skill, it shoots a sword :blank:
If I try to create a skill so that it uses a custom graphic for it(like a fireball), it won´t. The usual weapon is the one who gets shot.
I´ve been looking into this code for a couple hours and will keep on trying.
I have some coding skills, but I'm new on ruby. I'll report if I find anything new.
Once again, Thanks!
-
Also... Where u guys found the script in portuguese? I might ask for help there, since portuguese is my native language. (Also, any help with translations is needed I can do that :P)

cairn

Actually drow, I translated the script from portuguese (the original one) :eek:. You need to change not only the element, but also the action sequence name. One of the names in quote marks should refer to the command to show the weapon graphic. I can't help a lot atm since I had to format my comp (again -.-') and rmxp is kinda out of my grasp right now.

Yea, I think if I handle the Action Sequence, and find an action that shows a custom graphic instead of the one I´m holding I can do that too.
Thanks for your support. I'll keep on trying :P

bigace

Okay, thanks that makes since now I feel like an idiot.

Oh and i forgot to ask does the FFVII Materia System XP/VX you converted work with this the sideview battle script just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.