Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Mode7 script / Neo Mode 7 script

This scripts gives RPG maker xp so many new possabilities. This script is amazing. Dude have u even realized what you have made here. Think about the possabilities if you merge this script with others. And make them compatible with eachother. Some scripts to merge with this one:

*Platform script! OMG
*Pixelmovement! OMG
+
*Neo 07
=
A new type of RPG maker xp games...

And I found a error, panoramas doesn´t work. If you would add scrolling panoramas to this script!!!
YOU ARE GOD...dude add panoramas and its complete. Pixelmovement and platform would be cool to. The maker should be able to make platform true or false then this script would be amazing... :thumb:

Zarnik  is right.
working panoramas would be useful. Otherwise.. using some cool Mountainsprites in my Tileset, so i can circle the map ^^ 
Or can create a cool Mountain panorama out of Tiles ^^

Snejk

When I try to run this script, it gives me some error like "The script is hanging" and closes the game. Are there any other system requirements for it than the RpgXP normal requirements?
I have a computer lower than those, so might be it(500MHz, blah...)

You really did a great job man, my FFVI SDK can now have a real Airship system!
I have a question. is it possible to change the X position of the pivot? Because, I'm using a lower resolution (512x448) and the pivot doesn't match the center of the screen. I've look the entire code but found nothing.

Thanks in advance!
-Dargor

Mars

Okay, for some reason, my game is randomly doing this now...

---------------------------
"Project"
Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 3' line 107: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `-@' for nil:NilClass
OK   
Map size 80x80, I'm using Inquisitor's World Map,
I have it set to 4 directions as well... If that changes anything.

I'm getting the same error as you Mars, except I get it when I call script from a scene class. For example, "$scene = Scene_Craft.new('Blacksmith')" from the Prexcraft script, gets your error. And whenever I call script from game_temp, or otherwise, I don't receive this error. Wierd.

Great script, btw! reminds me of FF12 DS, because of all the zooming, pivoting, and slanting during its magnificent cutscenes. Now I can recreate this effect! Hellz yeah!

try to set the value Varioable without two '
Try with ""

That cause sometimes probelms in RGSS, because 'value' is set for counting variables ^^
and "" for static Words.

Apparently there is an error in Neo Mode 7 Part 4 Line 57, because a RuntimeError occured. Also, it has something to do with a Loadlibrary and mgcmode.dll or something.

Any help would be appreciated.

@reiven10: You will have to set the terrain tags for vertical objects. The default terrain tags for vertical objects in mode07 are 1 and 2.

I can't get it to work at all. When I run it up I keep getting an error message saying :Line 220:SystemStackError occured. Stack level to deep, how do I fix this?

Mars":nlunxu6v said:
Okay, for some reason, my game is randomly doing this now...

"Project"
Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 3' line 107: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `-@' for nil:NilClass
OK   
Map size 80x80, I'm using Inquisitor's World Map,
I have it set to 4 directions as well... If that changes anything.

I too am generating this same error (when I transfer from one map to another with Mode7 capable settings).  But when I transfer to another map without, I get this error:

Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 4' line 537: TypeError occurred.  can't convert NilClass into Bitmap.

Any help on this is most appreciated..!

Fenwick

Rymdgurkan":2hbi83eh said:
I can't get it to work at all. When I run it up I keep getting an error message saying :Line 220:SystemStackError occured. Stack level to deep, how do I fix this?

I had the same problem in my case the map was to big.

And Fenwick try adding [NM7] to the map {just NM7} and calling the rest using script $scene.spriteset.tilemap.to_alpha(60,
1)
That worked for me  :lol:

nightblade1989":18m9jb8a said:
Rymdgurkan":18m9jb8a said:

I had the same problem in my case the map was to big.

And Fenwick try adding [NM7] to the map {just NM7} and calling the rest using script $scene.spriteset.tilemap.to_alpha(60,
1)
That worked for me  :lol:

Wooo....  "Nightblade1989" it worked..!  I never even thought of working the script that way...  Thanks a million.

Fenwick

I have come across two problems with mode7...one image based, the other script based.

1) I am using Inquisitor's WorldMap, and I want to use the huge towns that the tileset has provided. However, when I use them, and change the Terrain Tags, it looks too elevated, so are there any tips for that?

i.e. A huge tower of trees that reach the sky and towns that look like they are pasted on a wall.

2) Whenever I transfer from a Map using Mode7 to a map that I do not want to use Mode7 with, I get this...
    'Spriteset_Map' ? 117 ??? NoMethodError ???????
    undefined method 'ox=' for #<Tilemap_mode7:0x1323d8f0>

Mars

Well, I was using Inquisitor's World Map as well.

Basically, at least I think that you have a high slant degree number.
My favorite number to use is 20.  The problem is that it doesn't make the objects pop-out, it makes them stand up straight.

Holy BLEEP. Looking at the neo mode with rotation etc, one can create all sorts of lovely cinematics in 3d, the zooming, everything! Amazing!

Any suggestions on dealing with the lag, other than lower resolution? Anyone else notice lag at all?

I'm running it on a M200 Toshiba Portege Tablet PC, 1500mhz, 1.5gb RAM, 32/64mb Nvidia Geforce FX 5200. Will have to test it on my pc with the Geforce 6800.

I haven't experienced any lag Scriblette and I'm running 2.3GHZ with 2.0 gb. Maybe that makes the difference? Have you tried the filter?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.