Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Mode7 script / Neo Mode 7 script

I got a request. Is it possible to make it so the arrow keys correspond to rotation. By this I mean, if the map is rotated 180* and you press UP you move forward, in this case towards the bottom of the map, same for left right up and down. Does anybody understand me and know if this is possible.

By the way I've managed to make the map rotate with L and R buttons using events.

*Parallel Process*

Conditional branch Script: Input.press?(Input::L)
Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.increase_theta(-1)
End

Conditional branch Script: Input.press?(Input::R)
Script: $scene.spriteset.tilemap.increase_theta(1)
End

Now when you press the L and R inputs the map rotates :P

i've been getting this error and not understanding why.

neomode7error.jpg

I disabled the line with a # and everything works but the sprite is broken in parts

the line is :

self.y -= 32 * @character.height * zoom_y # height correction

If your sprite's broken

Go to line 81 in Neo Mode 7 Part 1 and change
$player_directions = 8
to
$player_directions = 4

And never ever disable a line with # unless you know what you're doing. It just makes even more problems.

Akamizu":2zw0z6u4 said:
@Kirby: You could use a common event that includes this script command: $game_player.height = value

I tried this and the script works now but the sprite disappears.

I resolved this issue. for your character to be on the ground script must read

$game_player.height = 0

However I still have the issue of my sprite being broken up even though I changed line 81

I resolved this issue now to the problem lied in line 256:

@ch = bitmap.height / @character.directions

for some reason it wasn't reading the directions so I just went and changed the line to:

@ch = bitmap.height / 4

hi everybody
i saw the script and its really hard to do it u need alot of hard work
i really thank u for this
but i had a lil problem
with this line
def on_screen_x(value_x)
return (value_x.between?(- self.length / 2, 640 + self.length / 2))
end

when i use the 3d and transfer to other 3d map it sais

script neomode7 part3 line107:no method error occurred
undefined method @for nil:Nillclass
i really really did alot to fix it but fail
plz help
hope u can help me and sorry for ur time

i knew it
u did this error
and u know that we will have it
to never make game like urs
lol dude u are smart
but sorry i did that shit and fixed it xD

Taylor

Sponsor

Okay, remember how I said on the first page autotiles have to be a specific size? This error still exists - rather it has come back, and it seems to be causing many people trouble.

Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 4' line 537: TypeError occurred. can't convert NilClass into Bitmap
@cache[key].blt(0, 0, self.load_autotile(num), rect)
This error is because the script can't understand any more than one autotile being animated. At least, this is my understanding. The default Gralssland (man Enterbrain, who you hiring?) tileset has one animated set in slot one. My set had two animated autotiles in the last two spots, and the first one wasn't animated. When I changed the first to a four frame set and replaced the last two with still (one frame) RTP, the error was averted.

The only other was around it is to remove [A], and have no crashing waves.

Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 3' line 107: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '-@' for nil:NilClass
return (value_x.between?(- self.length / 2, 640 + self.length / 2))
Passing that error we have another error that people come across. Both on_screen_x and on_screen_y will recieve errors. Commenting them out and replacing their definitions with return 0 fixes them. However I suspect doing so will break panning the screen up and down as in the demonstration at the start of the demo.

--

In the end, I gave up. I am using a really old version, dated at 22/04/07, and it works fine, animates fine, and doesn't lag. (This doesn't either, until I import it. I'm suspecting major incompatibility with SDK.) The only reason I was curious about this script was because I remember seeing a demo for a Mode 7 that had a slight curve in the horizon, and a much larger white haze with it. That was probably even older.

yea about the
Script 'Neo Mode 7 Part 3' line 107: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '-@' for nil:NilClass
can u explane more about it cuz i lost all files that i had and im trying to get back the 3d
script
help ب_ب

look
every thing work
but when i use the neo mode 7 3 parts
the map just looks wired im not noob im saing that the terrian is not really good
and i dont know wtf was writen in page 6 or how to use it

This is awsome! I am using it! But I could need A LOT OF HELP! You must make special tilesets and characters seemingly, becasuse the maps is only flattened O_o

Jason

Awesome Bro

Robin, seriously, read the last feature, tiles with a certain terrain tag won't be drawn flat, therefore you should be able to make things pop up...

I've noticed a compatibility issue between this Mode7 script and Cogwheel's Pixel Movement script. The Mode7 script fails at this point:
self.map_number_x += difference / (difference.abs)

or this point:
self.map_number_y += + difference / (difference.abs)

I've yet to find a workaround to get the two to work yet, but if I do I will post it here.

I get this error, Its because i have Blizz ABS installed, i dont know wats going on so help would be nice

Script neo mode 7 part 1 line 186 :name error occurred uninitialized constant Game_player:: CENTER_Y

Could you post what's on lines 170-200 in "Script neo mode 7 part 1"? CENTER_Y is defined in Sprite_Character, not Game_Player, so I can see why there's an error but don't know how it was introduced.

I have attempted to uncheck "display a notification about every script error, but it still shows. i have searched to uninstall "support center" via control panel, but i cannot find the program.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.