Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi Player Split Screen with SDK

I have note yet dowloaded the demo but I was curious if it is possible to allow the players fight each other on an ABS, once I can download this i will over view all its features. But this is my only question right now.

Thanks in advance.

-CofloQuest

I keep geting Name Errors

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Scene_Title edited to work with the muliplayer script by luis.
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
class Scene_Title
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ** New Game. Make the player 2.
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alias luis_multiplayer_scene_title_command_new_game2 command_new_game2
def command_new_game2
$MULTI_PLAYER_GAME = true
luis_multiplayer_scene_title_command_new_game2
$game_player2 = Game_Player2.new
$game_player2.moveto($PLAYER_2_STARTING_POINT_X, $PLAYER_2_STARTING_POINT_Y)
$game_player2.center($game_player2.real_x,$game_player2.real_y)
$game_player2.refresh
$game_map.autoplay
$game_map.update
end

Akea

Nice but how can you while battling let player 1 select his own fighting skills and player 2 his own fighting skills. I mean come on i don't want player one have the ability to control both in battle. They must do it individualy. and how can i do that if player 1 (same for player2) goes to another map that the other player remains in the map and exact location he was. I mean if player 1 goes to sample: map2 i don't want that player 2 automatically does the same.

Is there a possibillity to make this true pl0x?

If I think I am right on this one...did you save your game before you put the script in? For if you did, the save game will most likely not work, you would have to start a new game...or remove the script...

Just so you guys know the load doesn't work. Luis has been stuck on this current version for a while. He says that he needs help from other scriptwriters because he is in a stand still. If you are or know a scripter who would like to help, please contact Luis. He responds to PMs.

Yes, I can finally make that racing game in RMXP that I've been working on! W00T! Thank you, but I'll wait a little while until this whole load bug thinger is fixed.

this is nice, but when i put it on my game i get this error:

MPS Line 758: nomethoderror occured.
Undefined method 'Character_name' for nil:NILCLASS

If you find the problem, please reply ^ ^;;

luis

hey thanks! for posting the bugs, i would like everyone do that!, including the name error and the line. i will work on that

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.