Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi Player Split Screen with SDK

luis;188280 said:
it can work both ways with or without the SDK, just erase the "sdk log" and the final "end"

Puedes poner una version de tu "script" para los que no usen el "SDK" en este tema porque cuando lo modifico no funciona, por favor?

luis

grimreaper1357;188380 said:
Puedes poner una version de tu "script" para los que no usen el "SDK" en este tema porque cuando lo modifico no funciona, por favor?

Puedes hablar español??...
La version la puse en el demo(por seguridad) bajalo a esta dirección
Click aqui!

luis;188221 said:
What other scripts you have in your project?
You have to know that my script is not compatible with some others scripts
maybe that is...

All I have is rpg maker's default scripts...........

I want a 2 player system with FULL SCREEN, no split screen.

And mak it like if 1 player tries to go somewhere far they cant because the other player is not moving (like seiken densetsu 3, goemon, stuff like that)

BTW im not being demanding just giving a suggestion for someone who might make this

all i have problems with is second_player and i don't know what i need to put to fix it, any suggestions would be the best.

and is there a way to make it so its 1 player till a certain point then you can make it 2 player such as if there were only one party member?

I was just wondering what makes this script incompatible with ABS systems such as Blizzard's or Mr.Moo's?

And if anyone has made it compatible yet?

tyvm

-farf:)

to make this script compatiable u probly need like a total re-edit of that ABS or maybe his making his own ABS to fit with it but im no expert scripter so, meh.

lel

Just want to say I think the idea of having split screens is extreamly smart so players don't fight about where they want to go or play around at " OMG! move over here I'm geting killed!" "I can't reach this items get over here!"

This is a brilliant script. I'll make a game with it as soon as players can be on different maps! Keep up the good work! You'll be famous when this is finished..

Hi everyone !

Can somebody help me ?

Im use'ing the Blizz ABS and i want to make my game to be play'd by two players...is there a version to suport Blizz ABS?

If there is...please give me i realy need it !:'(

I commend you, luis, for what you're doing. It is so far unusable for my game, but as soon as the next update comes around, I'll be all over this.

I haven't tested it but I think I can help with some ideas / questions...

1. Is this script compatible with RTAB (Cogwheel or Trickster's RTAB)?
2. While I was dazzled looking at the Netplay system, and afterwards I looked at this, I thought now: Can Player2 be a net player, and Player1 be able to watch it's movements? Just like those Nintendo DS' games, where the lower screen shows the activity...
3. Is it possible to split the screen in more than 2 players (Yes, I mean like Four Swords XD)
4. Can Player2's screen be independent of Player1's? Like a different save file? Or even maybe the option of the Player2 to start the game even if Player1 is not available to play?
5. Is it possible to set Player2 to be a map icon, and the lower screen be a map, like Metroid Prime Hunters (Nintendo DS)?

Beyond those questions / ideas, just wanted to say this:
This script PWNS.

This sounds like an awesome Script. Congratulations for what must obviously be a lot of hard work, and I wish you the best of luck and ease as you work on it. I love multiplayer, especially simultaneous. I wonder how battles would work. Would you be able to set up certain characters to be controlled by the different players? Two players must be loads of hard work in itself, especially since I don't even know how many buttons RMXP allows for, but since you can have four characters, I wonder how four players would work. It's be fun for larger groups of course, but I apologize for getting ahead of myself. It's just that I have a fondness for cooperative multiplayer games.

I know this is unreasonable and probably even impossible, but what would really be cool would be online play, since not only would convincing the few people I know to play a game I'd play be difficult, they also live far apart. Haha, but that's just entertaining a stray thought, since obviously this would probably not even be possible, let alone overly complicated.

But I just wanted to reiterate, this sounds like a great Script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.