Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi Player Split Screen with SDK

I Want know, someone can put a Add-On for a Individual Menu and Battle, I Want know too how i can put the Player 2 Appear in a Conditional if the Player choose Multi Player...

Jonny

How do I change second player's character graphic? I start out with two characters, then one leaves and a different joins but the 2nd player character graphic stays the same.

Edit: Nevermind I fixed it.

I never thought RPGXP would advance so far. Fantastic work :D!

[Quick Edit:]
Since it is split-screen, why can't each player be on a different map? Is there already an option for this or have you made it and I haven't found it. Thanks ;)!

luis

New SDK Version!!
Now compatible with SDK credit me and Aleworks(Input Module)
Give your opinion...
And Immortal this is just the beginning nexts versions will have that !

Great job Luis ^_^ I'm looking forward to the next version. Also, can you fix the player walk through player glitch? ^_^ That'd be great :)
Dylan ;)

Suggestion:

Maybe (thought it might take a lot of work) two events could be running on each side at once? Like each side could have their own text box so they could both use events at the same time. Thanks :D!

Another minor bug is that when you try to exit the church the "Return to Tile Screen" script only gives you an error and freezes it.

Sir Lord Biowulve;113589 said:
i still need a code to switch between 1 player and 2 player... But..

Every menu in my game is made by mapping with pictures...There´s no Scene_ based menu.. And i don´t ant to make one.... I have also no Titlescreen... The Player stars directly on the first Map.
So..

Is there a way to switch between them...perhaps with:

Hope you understand

i'm really needing this too, as well as a few other people who have been basically ignored/overlooked in this topic. i want to be able to create an option on the title screen that allows the player to select a 1 player game or a 2 player game. hopefully this time someone will see this post and reply :)

luis;159313 said:
ok! thanks for telling me...
i will start working on that...

sweet, thanks :)

one more thing, how does this save? basically, if you start a 2 player game, is it possible to load it up and play it as a 1 player game? or do you need to continue to use the same amount of players for each game you make?

luis

swiftdeathsk;159621 said:
sweet, thanks :)

one more thing, how does this save? basically, if you start a 2 player game, is it possible to load it up and play it as a 1 player game? or do you need to continue to use the same amount of players for each game you make?

Yes, you continue the game with the same amount of players for each game you make.
but ... a will try to make an option were you can desactive player 2 when you want.

Some Ideas:
Bigger resolution of the window, with some script, that will be good.
Option for making the separator line to be horizontal or vertical.
Option for making diferent parties, so the two characters can play alone.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.