Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multi Player Split Screen with SDK

question:
would it be possible to make it so player 1 could be on a different map than player 2? (I understand in it's current state it cannot, but in a future release maybe?)

luis

AceJP;162969 said:
question:
would it be possible to make it so player 1 could be on a different map than player 2? (I understand in it's current state it cannot, but in a future release maybe?)

yes... in future releases it will be...

I cant download it. im somtimes brainded.
wlell, i did download it, but when i open the file, it wont let me. help me

Hehehe... This update will make my game much more fun... Please continue kicking butt with your badazz scripting skills :P
-----------
Hey, I didn't wanna double post so I'm just editing this. I'm not sure if its just me but I think I've found some bad bugs...
1) can't save
2) can't load
3) can't end game
Might just be my computer but incase its not I thought you should know.

This was a really good idea, and I'm supporting you all the way for the next version! I'll probably make a game with this as soon as the players can be on different maps, and I'll give you a lot of credit! Keep up the good work!

luis

LordKishin;165316 said:
Hehehe... This update will make my game much more fun... Please continue kicking butt with your badazz scripting skills :P
-----------
Hey, I didn't wanna double post so I'm just editing this. I'm not sure if its just me but I think I've found some bad bugs...
1) can't save
2) can't load
3) can't end game
Might just be my computer but incase its not I thought you should know.

LorKishin i only fix:
1) can't end game

The rest of bugs you said doesn´t exist ... i think is your computer...

Hey I don't know if someone has already mentioned this or not but I have found a bug in the second player not being able to walk over events. Is this a bug everyone has or did I just mess up the script some how?

Everyone has this bug for the time being because technically, player 2 IS an event and events can't go over each other unless one of the events is on 'Through'.

Hey guys,
I was wondering if it's possible to make it so the 2nd player can talk to events and stuff like the 1st player can.

Thanks luis and nice script!8-)

Giam

I am having a problem. I added this script to my game (copied and pasted the Scene_Title, Window_Message, SDK, Registry, Keys, Imput, and Second_Player to my game, erasing the old Window and Scene.) then decided I didn't want it, so I put the original 2 back, and deleted the other 5. Now my saveing is messing up. Whats up with that?

It says something along the lines of "End of file reached" when I load and try to save. Here is the problem line: 28: @characters = Marshal.load(file)

EDIT: I fixed it. I had saved while the script was active, so it messed my save up when I deleted it.

and now ...the master of this script is going to tell us when is the next version is comeing out ...Erhm: Well guys...the next version is comeing out ____(waiting for someone to complete )

Okay so I copied the following from your script from the project to mine:

-Window_Message*(let it overwrite old one)
-Scene_Title**(let it overwrite old one)

-SDK
-==================
-Registry
-Keys
-Input
-Second_Player
-==================

I put all of those scripts into the corresponding order that yours were in. Then the game screen loaded and I got this error message:
http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/12069/ ... 071_rs.jpg[/IMG]
Please if anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it because I would love to have 2 player capabilities in my game.

luis

What other scripts you have in your project?
You have to know that my script is not compatible with some others scripts
maybe that is...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.