Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Minecraft: post what's in your mine

ignore the demotivator but

1286395117218.jpg

omfg. really? what updates are in it? is multiplayer damage in? do minecarts work in multiplayer? do doors work properly? plz to say, the site is down and i can't download it!!!!!!!11111 :( :( :( : :)(

I haven't tried the multiplayer updates yet but I read all over the forums that they aren't working yet. However the hell world is the absolute shit, the new music is beautiful, and biomes are working. :D

The multiplayer updates will probably be done tomorrow if they're not already (there was a second update about an hour after the first one). Another thing is that with the new update came a couple new bugs, for instance, when you die, you no longer drop the items that were in your inventory. D:

http://minecraft.net/boo/ mplayer updates aren't getting done.. so, why even put them in the list and get people's hopes up? the survival mode is kinda boring alone now that i've played it with other people, so that's all i want in the game now. and honestly.. why the shit wasn't damage/monsters in in the first place? i don't see how it's a different code altogether.. it's the same exact game, just with a couple extra players. wtf is taking so long?

SMP damage is planned to be released with beta, I guess Notch wants to focus on the single player aspects first, then integrate them into SMP... But the new features in single player are still nice.

All right guys, I'm testing a server I set up. Try logging in to multiplayer at the address 69.163.231.88. It'll probably be pretty laggy, but I would like to know if it actually works for you guys. By the way, this is actually hosted on my website's server, and not my home computer, so it would only be down if my actual website went down. (Or if my host kills the process.) If any problems come up, just tell me, and I'll look into it.

By the way, the spawn point is basically right on top of a massive cave network that I haven't bothered exploring. I ended deep, deep inside with no real way out, so I jumped back to the spawn point and moved on.

Edit: And that is exactly why I wanted to test it. Looks like the network shut it down as a resource hog. Lemme see if I can get it back online.

Edit2: It's not coming back online. I'm doing a bit of research to see what kind of alternative server software is out there, since I would really like to host one. Also, for those of you who would like to explore this purported network of caves, you can find the world here. All I can figure is that the map generator went batshit insane. Beware, you basically spawn in a lake, and the caves are very, very easy to fall into at night.

If you head along the coast in the right direction, you'll hit a little glass enclosure set into the beach, against the water. From there, you can see a big arch further along, under which there is another glass enclosure that leads down into the depths of the earth. The caves in that area are mostly lit. And, if you take the staircase to the underworld, you'll be able to rocket back out on a minecart. Rocket is definitely the best term for it, assuming you know how to use a minecart booster.

Edit3: Well, it would rocket you back out if minecarts had the same physics in the regular game. Dammit, I need more boosters...

Hey guys have you ever heard of skylands?

I loaded it up and its freaking ridiculous

Its an ABSOLUTELY HUGE custom made map, that turns minecraft into a adventure game - a sort of mix between Myst, and the Legend of Zelda, you should check it out

Tuna

Awesome Bro

Yeah, mawk was cool enough to share http://painterlypack.net/ with me which linked to Skylands. Still haven't tried it though. Anyone who hasn't gotten the Painterly Pack desperately needs to do so! Mah creepahs are so cute. :heart:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.