Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Minecraft: post what's in your mine

mawk

Sponsor

also redstone doesn't really have any useful application in single-player. you can read about the different circuits and things you can make here, but I don't see much of a point in making a difference engine unless other people can think about how clever you are, y'know?

I like that the ore lights up when you hit it, though. it's a nice touch.

k so I've been playing this game for about a week straight and I gotta say, it's the shit. Definitely one of the best purchases I've made in a while. Haven't really gotten into multiplayer that much but I really want to, looks like fun.

This game is awesome. It's surprisingly scary for a game with incredibly shit graphics--when I came out of my cave after the first night, I was edging around cautiously looking for the source of the incredibly creepy scritchy noises I'd been listening to all night, and I couldn't find anything, but they were really loud, and then all of a sudden a spider jumped off of an overhang and almost killed me! I jumped about a foot in the air.

Also, check out the sweet tower I built.
untitled-663.png

Here it is from the ground. The gray block is an enclosed staircase tower.

untitled-1883.png

untitled-1267.png

And here's a better look at it from the platform.

untitled-2417.png

The garden on the rest of it. The tree was already there, and I thought it was cool, so I kept it.

untitled-1010.png

untitled-1623.png

Second floor.

untitled-1089.png

Fourth floor. It's a hot tub.

untitled-1991.png

Fifth floor. Bedroom. The bed is made of cloth, although it looks pretty similar to the stone floor.

untitled-1801.png

And here's the roof.

My next big project is going to be a massive treehouse. Foliage is actually quite sturdy, so I'm going to grow a bunch of trees on top of each other and make it as big as I can. I'll make the central trunk by putting a whole fuckton of saplings right next to each other and then, after they grow, carving out rooms inside and planting more saplings in the canopy. Not sure if they need dirt or not, but I can always put a block of dirt in and get rid of it after the trees grow. It should be pretty cool.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Peri you do know that's a fire hazard, right? Putting flaming torches ON a tree?

But seriously, looking quite nice, that's all I ever do on the free version (I'll buy the paid version, don't you worry!), build huge ass structures that would be impossible to make in reality, and the usual building underground lairs, lol.

I'm doing all of my building shit on a server with some other friends. I made a huuuuuuuuuuuge tree and some floating gardens with waterfalls coming off and a lake and an underwater room and some other stuff.

also, anyone know if multiplayer survival is in yet? he says that "multiplayer" isn't added yet, but the free version has mplayer.. so does survival have mplayer ?

Survival does has multiplayer, but its awfully buggy - for exmple SMP still doesn't have any sort of damage

As for free:
Multiplayer - levels are saved constantly to the server hosting them
SIngleplayer - In the menu theres an option to save a file to your computer (and to load it)

We knew it was only a matter of time before someone did it:

The arms and legs are messed up because of the proportions though lol

Minecraft is awesome:P I have a miningshaft to the bottom of the game, so ~70 blocks deep, 10x10. Took a while. You can use minecarts to go up and down.

mawk

Sponsor

so Notch made this a short while ago:

boo.png

the hell-portal thing sounds like one of the most interesting features yet! it also sounds like he'll be ramping up the survival; here's hoping the new monsters will include some better pathfinding.

The only thing i dont like is the idea of torches going out because that sound really annoying if i made a huge house and i just spent all my time relighting the torches. Same thing with underground. I dont explore all of underground in one trip, but many multiple trips and the idea that i have to re-explore everything i just explored doesnt sound very apetizing to me.

mawk

Sponsor

yeah, server mods that restore torches' permanence (or replace them with lanterns) are gonna be all over the place come the first of november

Yeah, I just read that like an hour ago. The torch thing is a bit disappointing, because I was thinking literally last night "It's cool that Notch knows people don't want to spend time doing silly things like relighting torches" Hopefully lanterns aren't too hard to get.

Besides that the rest looks pretty damn cool. I was thinking a couple days that it would be cool to have a watch. I can't wait :D

i'm downloading it right now ;D

But i have to say it aint a paid version for i don't know if it works on this pc :blank:
If it does however, i will pay for it.

It looks to EPIC to stab the creator in the back by playing it for free.. :box:

DON'T LET THAT IRON GO TO WASTE!!!!!!!1111

So i found this free server in the server list, and uh.. apparently it's been around a really.. really long time. This shit is insane:

java%202010-10-05%2002-42-00-27.jpg

java%202010-10-05%2002-47-43-50.jpg

java%202010-10-05%2002-58-29-89.jpg

mawk

Sponsor

you should see some of the things done on Alpha servers. the one I go to has things like a giant t-rex statue, a recreation of the Enterprise, and a zeppelin -- all made using blocks that were obtained legitimately. those guys are insane.

all I've made so far is this thing

lava.png

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.