Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Minecraft: post what's in your mine

Thanks guys! @Fusty: I like the idea of putting an enchanting table up at the pulpit, that's pretty neat.

Some more work I've done on that build over the past few hours:

xdxwdc.png

16j3qye.png

This is a little floating island with a windmill I made right next to the city in about ~30 minutes. Tucked away inside the windmill is a little 'feel good' sign. If you get it, you're cool in my book.

j73vat.png

A little updated shot of the city entrance, just added some banners and stuff. The last column off to the right doesn't have one since I'll be extending that wall towards the camera.

o0p2c3.png

And finally, the thing I've been working on most since midnight, the great library. I still need to do the outside walls and surrounding area, but it'll look amazing when it's done and I'm happy with how it looks so far. There's also a huge atrium in there with giant walls of bookshelves that go nearly to bedrock, but I built too close to a lava cave and totally panicked when I saw the lower levels caught fire. I sorted it out (thanks voxels) but there was a fair bit of damage done that I haven't repaired yet. So, no screenshot of that right now. buuuut~

2l3txe.png

The upper level is totally okay! This is a super cool view of a sunset. That's all for now, I've got a holiday to enjoy.

Fusty

Sponsor

Now that I'm at it I might as well post my latest creative mode building:
I actually finished it quite a while back but never bothered to post it.

It's not a very original idea but hey, everyone has to build at least one giant tree in Minecraft right?
example1.png
I'm actually thinking about rebuilding it on my new server but I doubt I'll be able to do it without resorting to Creative Mode.

@Sage:

I LOVE that flying island!

Sage Crowley":1hp69bcv said:
Thanks guys! @Fusty: I like the idea of putting an enchanting table up at the pulpit, that's pretty neat.

Some more work I've done on that build over the past few hours:

xdxwdc.png

16j3qye.png

This is a little floating island with a windmill I made right next to the city in about ~30 minutes. Tucked away inside the windmill is a little 'feel good' sign. If you get it, you're cool in my book.
Heh, I put the same El Manana windmill schematic in the HBG server world, too. Yours is a bit more gussied-up. I made mine look more derelict.

Venetia":1i53af7w said:
Heh, I put the same El Manana windmill schematic in the HBG server world, too. Yours is a bit more gussied-up. I made mine look more derelict.
Oh, cool stuff, I'm looking forward to finding that! I mostly just wanted to recreate the idea, I couldn't be assed trying to replicate the island tree for tree and whatnot. I think my windmill came out more interesting than the one in the video anyway.

Jason":3jltrxhj said:
Pretty coold windmill Sage, I wonder if there are gorillas living in it :haha:

There was one, but I haven't seen her there in yeeears...

So, here's some new progress on the build, mostly smaller buildings and some structural stuff.

6qliz7.png

Yet another view from the harbor/airport area: as it turns out, this is actually the east side of the island, not the south. Minecraft Cartographer doesn't seem to have taken into account the new sun/moon locations, but whatever. Building a neat dome/tower over the harbor for airships, took a bit of time to make it look right but I'm really happy with the result. Just need to do the rest of the roof for that area now.

257gnex.png

Here's a view inside the dome, with a cool hanging bowl of fire. It's a cool light source, and smoke looks especially nice on dokucraft dark.

sdkbip.png

Here's a tavern between the airport and the library. The roof isn't totally done (I hate roofing) but it still looks pretty snazzy. Matt fucked up the water and I'm keeping it that way until he learns to use the damned voxel controls himself.

xf9aus.png

Inside the tavern, woo! I think I could still fill a bit more of that space, but that probably won't happen for a while since I have MCADHD.

263fuar.png

And lastly, a view of a particularly neato looking building I built just outside the airport. I don't know what to put in it yet, but I'm happy with how it came out, totally. The back street i showed off earlier is a bit bigger and I'm starting work on a big building (warehouse, factory, ship hangar) and a canal off to the side.

Some nice stuff here, but I didn't like that tex pack too much. Have you tried Glimmar Steampunk? It's awesome pack.

And now: Here comes screenies!

20111204174115u.png

20111204172631.png

We (me & my friend) have more buildings now, I'll try to make some screenshots later. We have church, school and mall center with cinema (huge building, still unfinished).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.