Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Letter by Letter Message Window

This is great mate, love the frame wait for the autoclose, just what I (and many people) have been waiting for :D

Great script :D

Queed

How would I go about changing the font color to black permanantly in your message system. I just want all the text in the messages to change, nothing else. Also, how could I permanantly change the color of the hero name box to red. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks if you can help.

This line:
Code:
contents.font.color = normal_color

to:
Code:
contents.font.color = Color.new(0, 0, 0)

After this one:
Code:
bitmap.font.name = system.font

add this:
Code:
bitmap.font.color = Color.new(255, 0, 0)

You may want to play with those values to get nicer colors :)

dunno if its been asked yet but how do you actually get the message to appear over the hero and different events >.< im a bit slow today

Natus

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I've got to say - this is a very nice script. It's also the first one with a clear enough explanation for me to actually implement it in my game. Major kudos to you Slipknot.

the script is awsom .... the only thing i whant to find out ... is how i can change the text box size .. co's i have put the \face ... and some more .. and a part of the second line .. i can't see !:'(

The demo still is goofed up I think, it kept repeating making me wait and click download, and evenytually said I had max files downloaded, even though I've never even been to that site before, so who knows.

Gonna try to figure it out myself and probably fail miserably.

edit- Yeah, definately can't get the stupid site I have never been to to let me DL the demo. If anyone has the file and wants to be nice to me, post or PM me and send to me via AIM please.

edit again- or if can tell me where the heck i put commands for adding the face images and such. I'm a scripting nub, but trying to learn, unsuccessfully.

@moltrex: please explain it more, or show me a screenshot

@Runningdemon: I don't know, it's working fine to me O_o
only wait some seconds and click Downlad

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.