Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Letter by Letter Message Window

Hey Slipknot, very nice script and very easy to install. I was wondering, what part of the script can you change the speed of the letter by letter. I want it to go a bit faster. Thanks.

tobeor2not2beazn":244xtxau said:
Hey Slipknot, very nice script and very easy to install. I was wondering, what part of the script can you change the speed of the letter by letter. I want it to go a bit faster. Thanks.

Under def initialize, you have to change the part that says @speed.

Arki

Create a Player's Starting Point somewhere.

Guys, very kewl script, thank you! I had a game.exe error at the "Name Box" event. Don't know why, i edited that text, i put there a wait after the text and there were no error after that. However, i removed that and besides that i only changed the starting location of the hero and there's still no error. Don't know what happened just wanted to let you know.

I changed the text speed to 0.1, it seems rather good for me. Thanks for that AbyssalLord!

Shuu

Where do you exactly enter this. I know there is a script called Main, so is it inside Main but before everything else?

how can i change the pitch of the SE that is played? i tried adding a new number to the syntax on this line, so it looked like this:
Code:
    # Sound for letter by letter, ['filename', vol]
    @sound = ['032-Switch01', 80, 50]

it doesnt seem to be working :\

edit: holy crap. i forgot to look at the last post date. *phew* looks like im still under the "1 month" necropost limit.

i hope.

Although you ARE under the month necro limit, this should really go in rgss support, link the thread/script.

No matter your RMXP illegal or not the script is not recognize as that. It will work fine for any version (even it's illegal). Well I said this because I have that but know I use the Registered Version and It's very useful (Mostly because I submit my games to an official website and they accept the original engine not the illegal one).

This script is very useful and I love it! Thank you =) Although, the demo kept shutting off on me after every minute I play it.

Gimnis

i have a problem, it all work fine, but when a message appears it wont go to the next event command...
example:
i talk to bob
then a message appears
"lilililililililili" but then it wont go to the next command \ message,
can you help me with my problem?

Gimnis

when i talk to an event it works normally, like this:

(i only used your character to demonstrate, it's not really in game)

but then when i press the action button (or any other button) it wont go to the next event command...
or get out of the event

When I applied this script (without SDK,but I've removed the parts you indicated)
and it showed this:
"Script "AMS"(name of your script in my project) line 135 NameError
undefined method 'terminate_message' for class 'Window_Message' "

That part of the script is
alias slipknot_lblms_initialize initialize
alias slipknot_lblms_terminatemessage terminate_message

Just in case there's something wrong with my Window_Message class,I copypasta'd
said script from your demo.Still,there's the same error. I do have other scripts in the game,but AFAIK,none of them modifies the message windows.Or So I Heard..

The game itself.No,you won't lose.

crystalsuicune":1ejf9quy said:
When I applied this script (without SDK,but I've removed the parts you indicated)
and it showed this:

said script from your demo.Still,there's the same error. I do have other scripts in the game,but AFAIK,none of them modifies the message windows.Or So I Heard..

If I recall, this script requires the SDK. The SDK modifies most of the default scripts in the game, and that is an error message you should only get if you don't use it.

Glitchfinder":3h0p1icq said:
crystalsuicune":3h0p1icq said:
and it showed this:

If I recall, this script requires the SDK. The SDK modifies most of the default scripts in the game, and that is an error message you should only get if you don't use it.
Nvm,turns out it's because of the CMS,which I don't exactly -need-.
(the party-switcher included is the script I really need,which I can use via call script..)
Deleted the CMS,and this script works now!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.