Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Letter by Letter Message Window

@slipknot: Any chance you'll be adding an auto-close text box feature? I could REALLY use that for some of the cut scenes in my game.
Yes, that was already requested in a spanish forum, will be realeased with a new version.

About the size of the Name Box, I will post soon a little explanation about it.

Slipknot said:
Yes, that was already requested in a spanish forum, will be realeased with a new version.

Awesome. I suspect that once you get that added, a lot of people will replace Dublex's AMS with this. :3 Great job, and I look forward to it.

Kairo

This is so awsome, I've been looking around for something like this, thanks alot and good luck with future scripts
{^o^}b
*THUMBS UP*
~Winged

Hey, slipknot, can you please add the feature that lets you control WHEN to close a message or WHEN to show a word(more like word by word, or delayed word appear)?... And Is the "FACE OVER THE MESSAGE BOX" still possible here? I LOVE THE sound effects while speaking!

Nice Scripts.

How to use with Thai font?
Can you make a script for me?

Thanks.
Try adding this to Main:
Code:
Font.default_name = "your thai font"

Hey, slipknot, can you please add the feature that lets you control WHEN to close a message or WHEN to show a word(more like word by word, or delayed word appear)?... And Is the "FACE OVER THE MESSAGE BOX" still possible here? I LOVE THE sound effects while speaking!
Read the last posts for the autoclose, the word by word thing may can be added.
The Face over the message is already added, will be released with the next version.

What is causing the demo to crash in Event#002 of Tower-1F?
There're no errors in the demo, you may changed something.

What are the script commands? Like, Dubealex's AMS has \ commands, does this use the same thing?
Have you seen the demo?

Kest

Never changed a thing - didn't even load the .rxproj file until afterwards. It just crashes whenever I talk to that girl.

lunarea said:
I've tried out the script and so far I've not had any major problems. However, the Windowskin that I happen to be using has a somewhat ornate border (ie more than the simple border in the basic skin). As a result, the letters in the namebox are sometimes going over the border.

Is there a way to increase the size of the namebox? If so, how would I go about doing that? (I'm new to the coding/scripting ':| )

Thank you :)
I can't remember where, but in the default coding there is a padding value, I don't know how it works in this script though.

And yes, the demo has one error (first girl on the left downstairs) and one lockup (girl on the left in the back half of downstairs when you choose the red exit option).

To change the speed go into the script and change the "@speed" variable (lower is faster).

Kest

I'm using it anyways. Free Window may have more utility, but it also has some irritating aspects.

Thanks, Slipknot.

I didn't realize the demo had been updated.

A couple things though: everytime there's a name box, the demo crashes. Also, the auto close closes awefully quickly. Is there any way to change that?

I'll test later the name box thing, when I test it it works without problems...
And I also will check the autoclose.

I haven't been able to check the latest demo, but is the any chance of returning the auto width resize feature. That went nicely with the face feature which messes with the width.

As for the auto close, you probably already thought about it, but maybe you could add some command to wait for a certain amount of frames/seconds, that way the user of the script would have control of the autoclose timing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.