Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Letter by Letter Message Window

XP or atleast read thoroughly ;) . Anywho and there is a small, but easily fixed error with the posted script. You have the copyright symbol instead of (c). You'd only notice the difference with Autoresize set to true.

Shadow Lich said:
Just do a search for this in the script: ©

There should be three of them.
I search it and the error doens't exists.

Kest":383uw2cf said:
Is there a command to temporarily skip the letter by letter function? Would be good for choice windows.
Yes, just see the demo.

Kest

I was looking through the demo... everyone you speak to uses letter by letter, and I can't find an option to temporarily disable it in any of the events.

def hex_convert©
return c.to_i if c[/[0-9]/]
case c
when 'a' then 10
when 'b' then 11
when 'c' then 12
Still there. Are you sure you checked the one you posted in this topic? That's the one I was talking about not the one in the demo.

In the first part of the script you can find this. You can turn it on an off with call script by using events.
Code:
# Letter by letter mode
    @letter_by_letter = true
    # Lettter by letter mode's speed
    @speed = 3

:D I can't delete your post, silly. Besides then simply need to be changed to (C) rather than deleted. Once again the problem is with the post not the script in the demo.
Slipknot said:
Letter by Letter Message Window
Version: 1.1

Last Update

August 16, 2006

Code:
[COLOR=red]def hex_convert©[/COLOR]
          [COLOR=red]eval_text©[/COLOR]
that should be enough to help you find them, should you wish to fix the post before your next update.

':| I meant that I had fixed the script for myself but was pointing out the error for you to fix in your post to help out anyone who downloads it instead of your demo.

trebor678 said:
Hey, any heads up on the next release and when it will be out?

I can't release it cuz I'm having a problem with the autoclose.

I meant that I had fixed the script for myself but was pointing out the error for you to fix in your post to help out anyone who downloads it instead of your demo.
Thanks for that.

Arcor

Just an update to let you know, i found 4 "©"'s in the script. So you might wanna just double check if you use this script, or you get all sorts of "noMethod" errors.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.