Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game]A letter from Room 13

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I played it, but I couldn't find my room (or if I did find it it didn't tell me I did) and the character walks WAY too slow. I thought my computer was just being slow because I was doing a million things but nope, I exited them and he still walked slow. FIX IT!

I might try to play it again later.

Actingman00;330528 said:
I played it, but I couldn't find my room (or if I did find it it didn't tell me I did)
Talk to the maid at the very start of the game :thumb:
Actingman00;330528 said:
the character walks WAY too slow. I thought my computer was just being slow because I was doing a million things but nope, I exited them and he still walked slow. FIX IT!
There's nothing to fix. He doesn't walk slow, just that you've been playing too many RMXP games where the heroes dash across the maps at light speed and it has got to your head :yes:

It should remind you of hotel dusk because I made this like an hour after watching my brother finish hotel dusk :p

@Gearpunk - The abrupt ending was because I was nearing my 2 hour completion target at a point that was quite inconvenient.

To those who have worked out what the switch does - Sorry I didn't make it do more than that. The switch was gonna unlock some super special room that had another ending to it but I ran out of time again.
It doesn't have anything to do with being able to take the chimney notes twice, that's a bug and I'll fix it now.

EDIT: 1.6 is now here. I added a nice little thing in the fire place as well as fixing that bug. Ignore my save file :p

mawk

Sponsor

Oh, so you did this all in two hours? For that, I suppose it's quite impressive. No fair judging this on the same criteria as the games that take months to develop, you know?

Xilef":1stmzlla said:
There's nothing to fix. He doesn't walk slow, just that you've been playing too many RMXP games where the heroes dash across the maps at light speed and it has got to your head :yes:
Sureley thats all the more reason to put it back to normal.

Odinarily, I would bother with this so-called secret ending. But you know, i really can't be bothered at the speed he walks at...

mawk

Sponsor

Its secret because it takes too long to get to?

Um, no.

You have no reason to keep the walk speed that low besides artificially lengthening the game. Sure, Chrono Cross would be longer if the character walked half as fast, but who would want to play it?

Games should be enjoyable, and I can say with confidence that the character's speed takes away a great deal of the fun. And if a game's not fun or compelling, what's the point?

Xilef":16v07ai9 said:
Actingman00;330528 said:
I played it, but I couldn't find my room (or if I did find it it didn't tell me I did)
Talk to the maid at the very start of the game :thumb:
Actingman00;330528 said:
the character walks WAY too slow.  I thought my computer was just being slow because I was doing a million things but nope, I exited them and he still walked slow. FIX IT!

It should remind you of hotel dusk because I made this like an hour after watching my brother finish hotel dusk :p

@Gearpunk - The abrupt ending was because I was nearing my 2 hour completion target at a point that was quite inconvenient.

To those who have worked out what the switch does - Sorry I didn't make it do more than that. The switch was gonna unlock some super special room that had another ending to it but I ran out of time again.
It doesn't have anything to do with being able to take the chimney notes twice, that's a bug and I'll fix it now.

EDIT: 1.6 is now here. I added a nice little thing in the fire place as well as fixing that bug. Ignore my save file :p

I talked to the maid and I went upstairs but I had no clue which room was mine and I didn't want to walk away and then have to walk back at that really slow speed :p

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.