Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game]A letter from Room 13

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Lol yeah, I immediately thought "1408" when I read this project thread.

And just for the record, in real life, many rooms are square >_<

I fixed some of the event errors.
Such as: You could pick up some of the items as much as you want. When you walk into George's room and talk to him it can glitch. All bugs reported are fixed. (Thanks to Ratty)
download new version
I've never heard of 1408, what is it?

I agree with the SilentAlarm, the mapping isn't very excellent. Try to work on that. However, the story seems good, but the atmosphere could be better if the maps were better.

EDIT: The new version is better, keep up the good work!

Yes, the new version has fixed everything reported and has improved on the real mapping problems that silent alarm stated. (The rooms are still square)

Oh yes, did I say this project took me 2 days?

to be honest, i think it sounds like a pretty ambitious(?) idea. kinda like a 'this games takes as long to beat as you want it to take (but still relatively short-which is cool, we dont get enough of that round here).

i'd play the demo, but I dunt have rmxp at the moment. is it a standalone, or wotwot? aaalso.. is it a hystery or horror themed game? cause methinks it'd be rather impossible to capture fear with the cutesy rtp. @__@

btw, I loved 1408.

It wasn't intended to be horror, but if you want it to be a horror then it will become one and it isn't standalone unlike my other projects. Sorry.

i had a play and i think the lag is generated from having your entire game on a single map lol
personally i think this is a bad idea, my computer is pretty fast as it stands but the framerate was still down. you may wanna consider having lots of different maps instead of one large one, will speed up your game no end :)

I have absolutely no lag, I', running vista which takes up cpu like there's no tomorrow with 1gig ram, but it runs fine with me. My computer's pretty much the modern average.

The Silent Alarm;273175 said:
If Vista has lag on you with 1gb ram, something's amiss.

i agree
i have 1gb of ram with an athlon processor and a geforce graphics card so if its lagging below 40fps you need to consider breaking up the events a little or using a script to limit those not in use

I played your game. At least a little bit, since I broke it...
I had to smile in the intro, when this big guy came out of the tiny taxi... reminded me of some clowns, which used to come out of small cars...
But the game crashed, when the guy with no hair (RTPs Blacksmith) went through the door and tried to close it and I went through it at the very same time. The door didnt close and I was kinda trapped, couldnt move... maybe you can fix this up, even though I know it was kinda my mistake xD

Xilef;273670 said:
Maybe you shouldn't have tried racing him? But yes, I'll edit the event so he will get through that door first.
Eh, as the developer you should consider every possibility; blaming a player for an action that he was allowed to do isn't really suitable.
Anyhow, me like the title. :) Does have a similar touch to Notes on Pulling the Sky Down.

Reives;276129":2eijlm8o said:
Eh, as the developer you should consider every possibility; blaming a player for an action that he was allowed to do isn't really suitable.
Anyhow, me like the title. :) Does have a similar touch to Notes on Pulling the Sky Down.

I agree, the player action is "never wrong". That's why every games need Beta Testing.:yes: Try EVERY THING possible to do, even things the player wouldn't think to do.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.