Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fuck yes yes yes yes yes... oh by the way, yes.

mawk

Sponsor

that dude has really bad wrists, recoiling like that after every chop.

honestly from the earlier screenshots I was sort of hoping the main character would just go around in a classy-ass business suit. current design is still really, really reasonable by squeenix standards, though!

Jason

Awesome Bro

Lol yeah his costume is atleast a little more realistic than anything else they've made... well, I guess some of the costumes from XIII weren't too bad, I mean, Sazh looked relatively normal, except from the frocobo...

moog

Sponsor

6-edgar-a.jpg
?

:(

vivi bitches
love that little black... mage

it's gonna be a while before i even have a ps3 to play this so i really can't get excited

and why is a ff title looking so much like kingdom heart
why is the KH team working on a FF project

Jason

Awesome Bro

Horrible camera angles?

... You tried moving the right analogue stick at all?

Also, what's wrong with Tetsuya Nomura? Sure his costume designs might not be the best, but his games are great...

mawk

Sponsor

jb, nomura is a designer slash creative director. character designs and other concepts are all he does. it's not like you can praise him for the gameplay. besides, the main criticisms of his designs, while generally overstated, are very valid.

or maybe that could be "were"? with ffxiii versus, it looks like he might finally be over the first-year-design-student phase of his career.

mawk

Sponsor

I think vincent valentine's popularity as a character was what killed him. the rest of his designs up to that point were fairly subdued, and then suddenly WHOOP LOOK AT THE TIME IT'S J-POP O'CLOCK THIS IS WHAT YOU LIKE RIGHT.

he's a vampire that turns into a werewolf

he curbed the market on Things 13-Year-Old Girls Schlick To before the author of Twilight was even typin'

hell he may have been the very inspiration for all of it

edit: holy shit she is apparently 10 years older than me :x :x :x

moxie

Sponsor

mawk hit the nail on the head with Tetsuya Nomura

I exaggerate the belt'n'zippers stuff like all faggots but can you really truly honestly look at Sora, Tidus, or any of the designs in Dirge of Cerebus and say "yes those are awesome."

ff10-2-sano.jpg

that looks like a pretty cool customer
he can make his belts stay in place around his midsection despite having absolutely no pelvis to rest them upon

mawk

Sponsor

um excuse me but the title of cool customer belongs to one and one only:

FFDoc_Chaos.jpg

(his heart is glowing because he's a good guy, get it?)

but hey since we're talking about dirge of cerberus this probably holds the title for the most ridiculous character design ever.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.