Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fuck yes yes yes yes yes... oh by the way, yes.

One of my favorite games of all time is FFIX, but I fail to see how this game will be good. In my opinion the series has only gone downward since Sakaguchi split. FFXIII was a major let down for me. I think it's time that the game's designers take a look at it's roots. They're trying too hard to break the mold with these crazy high fantasy settings and revolutionary battle systems. In all honesty, I'd rather see swords, moogles, and black mages fighting it in old school turn-based goodness. I won't fall for the allure of another FF title, just because it's an FF title.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Bumping this to tell you...
THE TGS TRAILER HAS BEEN LEAKED ONTO THE INTERNETS!!![b/]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEnsBrq4ufE

Discuss...

The Agito XIII trailer was also leaked but this is for Versus XIII so meh.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Aww shit another one, lol...

I went through like 12 of 'em before I found this one that worked fine, and now they've removed this one too?!

GAH!

holy christ either you're shitting yourself desiccated or else you just get real excited about jacking up font sizes

either way calm down baby
breathe
and expound on your ideas

moxie

Sponsor

I can't seem to find the trailer either but just a wild guess here - did it involve spiky hair, retarded dialogue, 90% cgi w/ no gameplay, backflips, angel wingsBELTSZIPPERSGRAJKSPPKK

sorry stroked out there for a minute (I promise I'll quite fagging up the thread sorry ;) )

Jason

Awesome Bro

Moxie":7ikh0rpn said:
I can't seem to find the trailer either but just a wild guess here - did it involve spiky hair, retarded dialogue, 90% cgi w/ no gameplay, backflips, angel wingsBELTSZIPPERSGRAJKSPPKK

sorry stroked out there for a minute (I promise I'll quite fagging up the thread sorry ;) )

No, no, it was more like 90% gameplay including walking around and in a battle, and 10% of the logo showing, no dialogue or angel wings, sorry.

well there was only roughly 5 seconds of fighting shown but i will admit i am now interested. the main character doesn't even look like a fruity half-naked kuja clone!

the larger majority of the trailer was just the mainguy running forward in unpopulated/desolate areas which is a little concerning but it was legit gameplay and not floofy fmv's so atleast squeenix is finally starting to understand what people want to see in a teaser ;o

Jason

Awesome Bro

Lol the desolate wasteland is actually the world map, that's how it's being done, instead of ye olde character that's bigger than mountains and cities on the overworld map, everything is to scale, which seems really cool if y6ou ask me. Although I DO hope there's variety on the map since I don't want to feel like I'm playing Fallout Versus XIII or something...

moxie

Sponsor

Jbrist":12h5xkqu said:
feel like I'm playing Fallout Versus XIII or something

picturing a game that combines fallout's atmosphere + humor and final fantasy's "jump 2 stories in the air, land on a dragon and cut a robot in half" shit and the result is actually pretty amazing

yeah i'd be p satisfied with that honestly

though i still wish gearbox (borderlands developer) would take over the fallout franchise and usurp a couple bethesda narrative writers in the buyout.
that would be
so endlessly
everything i want forever

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.