Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fuck yes yes yes yes yes... oh by the way, yes.

Venetia":2vss3774 said:
this has final fantasy xiii in the title, does it not count because its a
(spinoff?)
(sequel?)
(bastard child?)
It counts as a way to make money

only thing that FF13, FFvs13 and agito have in commen is the fact they're about crystals

mawk

Sponsor

so why are they releasing all three of these as thirteen, anyway? I can understand not wanting to be all the way up to fifteen over the course of two years, but tossing thirteen into the mix when there's no relation between them seems a little strange.

moxie

Sponsor

I heard something about how they all technically take place in the same "universe", just years and years apart? If that's the case it seems pretty retarded. I'm with you, even if they don't want to have too many "numbered" Final Fantasies I don't see the point of releasing several different games under the same number and coming up with a flimsy excuse to tie them together. Why not just "Final Fantasy: Subtitle subtitle"

Jason

Awesome Bro

You guys need to learn to read posts in threads!

This is from one of my comments on the first page;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nov ... ntasy_XIII

Bottom line;
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII are all set in the same fictional universe etc. but in different times, locations, worlds and so on, so they're all unrelated but will obviously have similarities.

mawk

Sponsor

that just sounds like the same deal as all the other final fantasies. "similar but unrelated" has been their creed since ff3.

and I think I remember some square-enix exec talking about how they're all taking place on different planets or something, too.

Jbrist":4mqkqj3s said:

Bottom line;
Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII are all set in the same fictional universe etc. but in different times, locations, worlds and so on, so they're all unrelated but will obviously have similarities.
but
the following games were set in Ivalice:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

so why are FF12, FF12RW, and VS differently numbered

and dont say its b/c of battle system b/c the battle systems are hugely different for the different FF13 games

Venetia":19p5a0gy said:
Jbrist":19p5a0gy said:

Bottom line;
but
the following games were set in Ivalice:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

so why are FF12, FF12RW, and VS differently numbered

and dont say its b/c of battle system b/c the battle systems are hugely different for the different FF13 games

it's square
what do you expect

moog

Sponsor

if they can put this much effort into making sequels/subgames for IV, VII, X and XIII why cant they make one for VI or IX

oh wait THEY CANT because those are the only two good ones that have ABSOLUTE CLOSURE heh

moxie

Sponsor

THAT'S IT henceforth you are banne;d gfrom all final fantasy topics

Really though I heard something about them remaking VI in a similar style as IV on the DS? I'm not sure if it was true or not or maybe it's already out for all I know! If they are, that should be pretty nice.

moog

Sponsor

trollface.jpg

also yeah if they did that id prolly pick it up, but then again idk since I wasnt a big fan of FFIV DS

I dont see why they remade FF IV AGAIN they did it on GBA and that was fucking amazing and then the DS version was like half that

either way my friend is nutting over FFV13 so ill prolly watch her play it when it comes out cause god know im not buying it.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Moe":3lwqqvt5 said:
THAT'S IT henceforth you are banne;d gfrom all final fantasy topics

Really though I heard something about them remaking VI in a similar style as IV on the DS? I'm not sure if it was true or not or maybe it's already out for all I know! If they are, that should be pretty nice.

Yeah, they're working on V and VI (Well, not so sure about V, I assume so since they're doing VI), but said they were going for a more mature art style than previous games on the DS, and ended up running out of space on the cartridge, so I think they're gonna' end up releasing it on 3DS in the future.

moxie

Sponsor

final-fantasy-vi-ds.jpg

Exclusive screenshot of Square's upcoming RPG "Final Fantasy VI" for the 3DS. Terra confronts the villain, Kefka.

I'm glad they decided to go with a different style - everybody in IV was so barrel-chested and stick legged, it was super goofy looking. Now I'm honestly kinda psyched to see VI.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.