Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Fuck yes yes yes yes yes... oh by the way, yes.

FF games gets boring after every super boss fights. I haven't played this one yet, soon to get a PS3 sometime down the track.

mawk

Sponsor

wait, so he wears a business suit now?

that's kind of an improvement, actually. maybe nomura's finally learning that style doesn't need really to be really elaborate and silly to work.

I'm actually pretty impressed with all the designs I've seen so far for Versus. they pretty much seem like things that normal people in the setting might feasibly wear (except maybe the black leather trenchoat with the short sleeves, but whatever) and it still looks good. I'd say "despite that", but I think this is actually a step forward in all respects.

"noctis lucis caelum" is a really dumb name though. it's like an rm-game level of gratuitous latin.

GET IT BECAUSE HE'S DARK LIKE THE NIGHT AND ALSO THINKS CLEARLY I.E. IS LUCID OH GOD

ALSO SOMETHING ABOUT A CHISEL IDK

why are people still so excited about final fantasy
stop
stoppit
stop
you will be disappointed
you will

"oh boy the angular inverted-pyramid-shaped jawlines have a slightly more realistic knob at the end; that signals a whirlwind of change which will result in a game that sums up all of my collective nostalgia and leaves out all of my forgotten frustrations and I will shit diamonds forever down a line of pure nicaraguan cocaine because of this; watch my hopes as they skyrocket straight through the ceiling into the stratosphere and obviously remain there in orbit like a cold war ruskie satellite forever because there is nothing that could go wrong ever don't you see"

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hey Ven, just because you don't like Final Fantasy games doesn't mean other people have to dislike them too. I mean sure, I'm not a fan of the spin-offs it recieves and the amount of games labelled Final Fantasy which are just bad, but I can still like some of 'em y'know... and how do you know I'll be disappointed, have you actually played this game? ... Didn't think so. I thought I'd be disappointed in XIII with all the changes they made, and said I wouldn't buy it, but for some reason still picked it up, and really enjoyed it for what it was.

Besides, Versus is using the same battlesystem as Kingdom Hearts, and I love me some Kingdom Hearts, oh yes!

LOL
i dont dislike them
i just
do not comprehend
your level of enthusiasm

grats on summing up every defensive ff retort ever though

mawk

Sponsor

in all fairness, versus has been looking pretty cool so far. that's not saying a whole lot, though; I'm sort of fed up with squeenix's strategy of focusing most of their prerelease marketing on the character designs and the CG cutscenes.

as long as things don't get as monotonous as they did in KH's endgames (mash X and sometimes triangle and watch as you spin around in the air long after all the monsters have died) then things seem okay from a gameplay standpoint, at least. what I've seen of the characters makes them seem like boring d-bags but hey there's hope

moxie

Sponsor

well, it's a full time job

I think I'll wait to hear opinions on it before I consider picking it up, since I'm not a big fan of Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. If it's SUPER DUPER fun and not "mash two buttons to win everything" I might be interested.

i thought at a conference they announced that ff was coming to xbox

and by "i thought" i mean, i watched the conference

did they renig?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.