Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

FFVII Materia System XP/VX - Both versions Fully Translated!

I'm trying to use the XP version, but I keep getting this error when I try to give materia to my party:

x1yf07.jpg

@Malignanttoe- I'll play around to see if I can duplicate your error and come up with a possible fix or temporary solution.

EDIT- @Malignanttoe- I was able to give materia to my party just fine using the Enu SBS. What other scripts are you using?

@Gravija- I have found the solution to one of your errors. Go to line 1879 in the materia script and erase these two lines -
@Starky- Same to you. Do what I told Gravija to do. I tested this so I know it works.
Code:
1878 self.contents.font.name = $fontface 

1879 self.contents.font.size = $fontsize

It worked just fine without those two lines of code. Try that and see if it works.

alphaao":g2mzpnzq said:
@Malignanttoe- I'll play around to see if I can duplicate your error and come up with a possible fix or temporary solution.

EDIT- @Malignanttoe- I was able to give materia to my party just fine using the Enu SBS. What other scripts are you using?

@Gravija- I have found the solution to one of your errors. Go to line 1879 in the materia script and erase these two lines -
@Starky- Same to you. Do what I told Gravija to do. I tested this so I know it works.
Code:

It worked just fine without those two lines of code. Try that and see if it works.
I'm using the Tankentai side view script and the overdrive script for XP

Atoa

@Malignanttoe
That is excactly the problem, this script isn't 100% compatible with the tankentai, i've done an tankentai version, but didn't post it.
In the update i will add an automatic compatiblty command for them.

Atoa":gachs2m3 said:
@Malignanttoe
That is excactly the problem, this script isn't '00% compatible with the tankentai, i've done an tankentai version, but didn't post it.
In the update i will add an automatic compatiblty command for them.
Awesome. I hope you update it soon. You have no idea how much I'll love you. :P

alphaao":3vlquacu said:

Code:

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks! I'm waiting on the tankentai version now though since i use that battle system.

Not a problem. I use the Enu SBS. Try it unless that's the one you are referring to. Otherwise, please list the other scripts you are using. It helps people like Atoa and me and others try to debug the scripts. Also, script order is important, trust me. If you get an error, try rearranging the order of your scripts.

I use the Enu SBS to. I read that Atoa is trying to make the materia system and ENU SBS battle system compatible. Since now it isn't (the materia script is in the list of non compatible scripts in the ENU SBS topic on this forum).

Atoa

I'm not trying to make the materia system compatible, i've aready did xD

But the code was a bit different, so i'm going to make it to work automatically with enu SBS or default systems.

Hey hey, I've been looking for a fixed version of Sephy's Materia script, this may be it ^_^.

I have but one question: is this compatible with DVV's RTAB (SBS) system? I'm trying to replicate FF7's system in an FF Parody I'm making and DVV's looks a lot like it ^_^.

If it isn't, why do you think I'd have to do to fix it?

Atoa

@SorceressKyrsty
Give an try... if it work, it's compatible, if don't work, its not compatible.
Simple like that x]

i was in battle(difficult on the demo) and when i hit cure(or i think thats what it was) this is what i got:
5bd9io.jpg

im sure the spelling of actor just has to be fixed thought id let you know

@deathbethecost- I have never come across that error but yes, acotr should be actor, lol. I have no idea how you pulled that one off, but it's funny. What did you do to get the error?

@gRaViJa- Yes, it will, because I tested just those two by theirselves and they worked fine. If you know what you are doing with events, you can do what the other scripts allow, it's just a pain in the neck to try. Could you possibly list all the scripts you are using, in the exact order you have them and possibly post them as well, that way I can try to swap the order and fix them to all work with each other.

alphaao":1obdfv2v said:
@deathbethecost- I have never come across that error but yes, acotr should be actor, lol. I have no idea how you pulled that one off, but it's funny. What did you do to get the error?

@gRaViJa- Yes, it will, because I tested just those two by theirselves and they worked fine. If you know what you are doing with events, you can do what the other scripts allow, it's just a pain in the neck to try. Could you possibly list all the scripts you are using, in the exact order you have them and possibly post them as well, that way I can try to swap the order and fix them to all work with each other.
thank for helping me, but i'll save you some work and try it myself ;)
if i find an order in which they all work, ill let you know.

@gRaViJa- Ok, I'll take your word on that. If you need help, let me know. I'm not great with scripting, but I do trial and error to figure out what works. Good luck on finding an order that works.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.