Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dreams

DJ

Some guy that did RMXP before

Jason":15xle6ab said:
Strawberrii":15xle6ab said:
Gotta love dem sex dreams, yo.

Unless you don't need them, and people that are NOT your boyfriend appears in them.

;_;

You dreamed about me again, didn't you...

I'm okay with this.

Amy":15xle6ab said:
My bed life is shared equally between sex dreams and jbrist dreams.

Something is wrong here.
And something is wrong with me too..... I am feeling strong lust in my mind....i don't know why.
Maybe sign of another kind of that dream?

OH WAIT THIS THREAD IS GETTING TOO CRAZY. NO. NO.

Jason

Awesome Bro

DJ, bro, have you ever seen me? I'm a perfect representation of god... yeah, THE god, and I'm not even religious... :shades:

DJ

Jason":109th4cz said:
DJ, bro, have you ever seen me? I'm a perfect representation of god... yeah, THE god, and I'm not even religious... :shades:
HBlogo-30.png

Probably NOPE. I am going to sleep now since it is 00:49 AM in here..

You wish Jay-Jay, you wish!

I have, unfortunately, had many dreams with guys that were not Star. It makes me feel awkward and terrible when I do. :(

I don't understand sometimes.

So last week I heard a light "thwop" on the bed sheeds, and some scuttering. I assumed there was a mouse in my bed because we had a small mouse problem last year (got rid of them all my hand...). I turn the light on, and running, running towards me is the largest spider I've ever seen - a proper big one, not a normal British spider - wouldn't fit in the spider catcher we've got. and it eventually makes it onto my face. I leap out of bed, trying to work out if it's a dream, and I just happen to see it run from beneath my bed and land on my trousers, where it cannot be seen.

I grab the first container I see and whack it over my trousers. Far too close to the spider for my liking. I realise I'm never going to get these trousers from underneath the container, so I'm sitting there banging it to try and get the spider to show itself not sure if it's even still under there.

Eventually I happen to see it move, somehow thwack a piece of plastic under there, run downstairs and outside and throw the container into next door's garden.

Anyway since then I've been getting fucking night terrors of a huge spider running up my sheets and onto my face every 20 minutes or so and it's getting really quite annoying :<

Fucking huge spider though. Big enough to make out it's features and individual hairs. Loud enough to hear it running on the sheets. FFS.

Dreams mean nothing. They are brain poop. Your mind regurgitates imagery and sensory input while you sleep -- memories, daydreams, random thoughts. They seldom make sense, though occasionally they may imply behavioral/emotional problems (for instance, if you have recurring nightmares, you may be depressed or be suffering anxiety). Instead of reading into dreams, you should tackle your waking thoughts and feelings.

That said, I've had some pretty fucked up nightmares. But it helps that I've always really loved the horror genre, and that I've had a fair bit of PTSD-inducing things happen to me.

A lot of them involve people carving words and pictures into my skin. My in-dream deaths are always very slow, and in first-person. Drowning, stabbing, choking, disemboweling, bleeding out, being eaten alive, etc.

One re-occurring one for me, that I've had since I was a little kid, involves a nebulous "company" which has discovered some "science" that implies human blood is some sort of "super fuel". I am filed into a gas chamber with a dozen other people, and we're very slowly gassed to death. I get the chance to think about everything I'd miss out on life, and try to bargain with my captors, who are behind an impenetrable one-way mirror. If it goes on for a while, my mind decides to be an asshole and show me what they do with my cadaver. Lots of fun.

Though it's one of my tamer nightmares, the fact that it reoccurs, and that I have to suffer through so much time of utter sadness, makes that dream particularly creepy & unwanted for me.

(On the bright side, it's served as a loose basis I've been using to write a story with! Whee.)

Jason

Awesome Bro

Strawberrii":1h7mq7i7 said:
You wish Jay-Jay, you wish!

I have, unfortunately, had many dreams with guys that were not Star. It makes me feel awkward and terrible when I do. :(

I don't understand sometimes.

Lies, it's all lies! :sad:

If I do dream about .org people it's usually their avatars not their real faces, even if I know what they really look like. So um... jbrist... yeah.

Amy":bwjpfmr9 said:
I've been getting fucking night terrors of a huge spider running up my sheets and onto my face every 20 minutes or so and it's getting really quite annoying :<
When I was a kid in Long Beach, our shitty apartment had a massive roach problem. I often woke up with roaches crawling on me. Their legs are very spiky, and the bigger ones would actually leave these little scrapes. For the better part of my life I had to deal with the feeling of bugs scraping up my body over and over. I'd wake up with scratches, because I had been itching at myself all night. Very fun!

Anyway best things you can do to avoid more spider attacks is to remove bedskirts and cloth on your bed which touches the floor. Pair that with spraying perimeter spider repellent around your doors and windows. It works really well; this is coming from someone who lives in a state where hardy, roaming Wolf Spiders are QUITE LITERALLY fucking EVERYWHERE.

Maybe taking the extra steps to spider-proof yourself will make the spider terrors die down?

Jason

Awesome Bro

Amy":esieev44 said:
If I do dream about .org people it's usually their avatars not their real faces, even if I know what they really look like. So um... jbrist... yeah.

Oooh, please, go into depth, I want to hear about this!

I do the same thing, Wyatt. I only dream about avatars and not their real faces as well. How odd, but funny.

I also don't remember any time I had an actual real nightmare.

The only time I had horrible dreams like that was when I was pregnant. I dreamt of having deformed babies, dead babies, etc. It scared me so much, I'd stay in bed wide wake freaked out.

Spoo

Sponsor

I've only ever dreamed about one person I don't know in real life. Oddly enough, it wasn't anything sexual, despite this girl being pretty attractive and having a nice personality. She'd had a falling out with her family and had ran away to the US. She tracked me down via my details on the Runescape forum we frequented (fact) and needed a place to stay. So she lived at my grandparent's house for a few days and everyone was happy.

Pretty weird considering I hadn't talked to her in about five years and had only ever seen a picture of her once.

A number of you forum people have very rudely invaded my dreams. But really only the ones who I've seen IRL/pics of IRL. And no, no sexydreams.

I think. With the possible exception of Wyatt

DJ

I had crazy DBZ dream today. Me and my brother has become like young goku... and we was running like crazy in some kind of factory....
As we escaped from the factory there was our car and other DBZ characters, including piccolo. But somehow they all looked like miniature
(very short) and piccolo was holding small golden revolver and saying he is not a bad guy anymore..WTH?
We went home and turned on computer but something went wrong. It was infected by virus named "Piccolo Virus" and it wasn't be able
to do anything but display noises in the screen, and my phone was in teh same state. What i nightmare.

And then I woke up and realized that it was 10:30 AM, and which means i skipped my math class by sleeping.
If i skip the class one more time the professor will give me F. Double Nightmare :-( OMFG

So, I've gone into this before, but I guess I'll go into it again. I kind of have two sets of dreams. The first set, which I usually don't remember, are those I get when I'm legitimately deep asleep. Those usually take place in pseudo-real places based on locations very familiar to me, but extrapolated out to be bigger and more complex. (But it's somehow consistent from dream to dream over time, if those dreams feature the same place) Common examples include schools, my home, my grandparents' home, etc. The weird part about the ones in my home is that, while my room is consistent, it's mostly in a layout I haven't used for about ten years, and it usually has a TV in there hooked up to a game console (usually an N64). The weird part is, I have never, ever had a TV in my room, but it's so consistent. As best I can tell, a television has never actually physically entered my bedroom, actually. It's even in the same place most of the time, on the desk in front of my window. (And yes, it's a TV, not a computer. Oddly enough, a variation of my last computer has recently started showing up, but that somehow ended up on my nightstand, which is still showing up in the old configuration. That kind of makes sense, because the desk is now where that nightstand and half of my bed used to be, with the computer monitor right about where my lamp was.)

Often, these dreams will feature a generic superpower, either a control over things similar to telekinesis (but a bit different. It's really difficult to explain, except by saying that it wasn't really telekinesis so much as it was a limited kind of magic), or the ability to "fly" that mostly consisted of running through the air. Occasionally, these dreams will be marked by oddities like me realizing I'm asleep, usually as a result of something like me noticing that I'm in a third person view yet not playing a video game. (First time I explicitly noticed that, I decided I wanted to wake up, and proceeded to jump into a convenient lava flow, which resulted in me feeling really warm for a few minutes and then waking up.)

What was probably the most consistent dream that I had as a kid (and that is mostly gone now) was that I was in the back seat of the car with my family on a road trip. All of a sudden, we would start driving up a really steep part of the road, and the higher we got, the harder it was to breathe, until at the top I felt like I couldn't breathe at all. Then, after cresting the top and starting down again, I could suddenly breathe again. To the best of my knowledge, that was because I was legitimately having trouble breathing. I have actually had times where I woke up and couldn't move at all, save for my eyes, and had to struggle for a few moments to force myself to even breathe. (And yes, I'm aware this is called sleep paralysis. I'm also aware that my brain has trouble fully regulating my breathing, which often results in me unconsciously holding my breath for no reason, then letting it all out and taking a new one.)

And then there are the other dreams. These ones happen mostly when I sort of wake up, realize I have nothing to do, and roll over and try to go back to sleep. While I won't go all the way back to sleep, I will drift in and out of sleep, and have mostly nonsensical dreams that can lead pretty much anywhere. The problem with these ones is that they're mostly triggered by conscious thoughts, and so lead from mostly making sense to quite often making no sense at all.

Venetia":2bztavvq said:
A number of you forum people have very rudely invaded my dreams. But really only the ones who I've seen IRL/pics of IRL. And no, no sexydreams.

I think. With the possible exception of Wyatt
This happens to me too but I identify persons by my feelings rather than a visual representation.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.