Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Diablo Starter kit (Isometric enviroment coming soon!)(Minor

• Yes

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 24.3%

• Total voters
Hey sprugles555, I need a question answered that involves Kylock's Time System Script:
I want to make a Quest and this is how it goes:
1. Player 1 talks to Quest Giver [City Guard]
2. The Guard wants you to take his post for 15 Minutes
(You have to survive an onslaught of thieves)
3. After 15 Minutes past he comes back
4. You talk to him and get your xp and gold
^Only Problem is, I don't know how to setup 2-4^
Plz reply soon
If you need, I'll send you the part of the game I'm talking about

EDIT: How do I setup a Picture to the corresponding (individual) Act that is being played???

I think Each Map should be uniquely used by acts, so usually there is the first event which is autorun, Ill just put the picture, then wait and then erase it. If it goes well, but How do I do the Quest that is involved with the KTS script?

When I put the scripts in my own game I took out the mouse script and whatever links to it, then when I start the game, it says:
"Script [abs] Mr.Moe's ABS V4.0 line 135:NameError occurred.
uninitialized constant Input:Letters"

I obviously suck at scripting and don't understand what's going on...  :sad:

You need a different version of the ABS, Mr Mo's ABS that is included with the game kit relies on the IMS scripts... Basically you will have to find a version of mr mos abs without IMS.... That shouldn't be too hard. And I have limited access to computer systems for the summer hols, So this project is going nowhere. After the summer hols I will be starting a game using my starterkit to show off all its abilities.

OH OH add a visual equipment script i will love you for that lol been trying to make a diablo game forever scripts never compatible so i have to say i love you now to downgrade to xp finally lol vista ticking me off oh and isometric view might work with this  :thumb:

P.S jking thanks for help already tried 1 and 2 then i tried 3 got hopes up and got a big wad of rpg maker has to close where sorry (NO YOU ARENT!!)

vamp

very nice, but i am making a game and been looking for a waypoint, cuzz for now i have been using Events with Stones, too teliport places, i guess i can keep them in the game too use from anywhere, but, anytime i add more waypoints too it, and try an select them, it says unknown bitmap selected? how would i make it that way, or could you do it and re-upload, i need 15 locations, i have that many islands in my game. 1 per island...

Jking

i guess as a last resort you could use different stones for each one could take some time. (haven't used xp in some time so not to helpful on that)

vamp

ah never mind i deleted all but 1 way point section labled it WAYPOINTS and have all the towns in it, :P looks snazzy if i dont say so my self.

Right Sorry about inactivity, i was banned form my computer. :( But I am starting this back up :) (Woo!) As I Announced DSK Bronze will be released soon, And As soo many people are looking for a VX version I will Start on DSK VX! If you have any questions, queeries or ideas. Please post here :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.