Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ameth I 1.1 (MI) Released

Dead content awaiting restoration.

What is the best thing with this project ?

• The Story

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Characters

• The Names

• The Music

• The Size (8 hours gameplay)

• Influens to other games

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sidequests

• The Titlescreen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPGS":kbvmz5is said:
Nickster":kbvmz5is said:
MukanshinBlack":kbvmz5is said:
What does this mean?
A "dad" is an informal version of father, ie. a parent of a child.

From what he said, i assume, based on loose evidence, that he requires his paternal figure to provide him with the game data so he may edit it.

It is not my dad who decides over my project , why do you think so (Haa-haa ridicolous, don´t you have a dad ?)
because thats what you said. if you need your father to bring you the game data, that means he does have some amount of control over it. what if he doesnt want to bring it to you?

and why are you trying to argue with me? i was just clearing up what you said so other people could understand it.

and no, i dont have a dad. thank you for assuming i did though.

RPGS

Thank you Moderator :) Yes, don´t bother the grammar, it doesn´t matter, you CAN understand me

Ok I said I have THE GAME at my dad´s computer ! That´s all ! I have 2 homes you can say and I worked on the project mostly only at dad´s place , so he doesn´t decide over it I will say clearly !

But what I posted for was to say that I have de-bug tested the Demo, it works fine ! Uploading it tommarow, Monday as I said :)

Good, I will play the demo and tell you what I think once it is up (could be later tomorrow though, because I have to go see the doctor again :huh: )
You might want to work on your first post though, since it kind of turns people from your project. Give it more detail (especially when it is about characters) and write it up in a style that will get people curious about your game.
In order to do so, you might first write it in your mothertounge and than translate into english from there. Makes coming up with what you want to say easier.

As your project stands right now, it is only a laughing matter for people, where it could be a decent project.

And on a side note: I guess Arbiter doesn't do this because he likes you or your project, but rather because people where trolling like crazy here, which is against the rules. It is nice of you to thank him nontheless.

RPGS

Okay, Yes I will upgrade and add more info tho the intro. of my topic and write more about the project :)

You will like the demo, I assure you, bt please play the full version then, the story troughout the whole game is just amazing I think (It is quite special anyway :) I think you will like how the story goes on...

You will notice that you meet Nova Angel a bit eraly in the Demo, but don´t bother, In the full it is more in-depht and you´ll meet her later.

Yes, I know that the moderator isn´t extra kind to me or like my project, it is just sad that there is needed a Mod. to tell people to stop flaming the topic, but however, I didn´t take it that seriously :/

EDIT : Help !!! Somehow I cannot extract Ameth I Demo !!! ONLY Audio file comes while extracted, it wasn´t like this on extraxting Ameth I (but it didn´t work either, cause it is 128 MB :/)

Plz, help must it be a ENCHRYPTED archive or NOT ?

RPGS

UPDATE: Ameth (Full Game) 1.0 is ready , but as i said I will have top wait for saturday something, it is at my dad´s place. I´m also going to the dentist, wish me good luck :(

I don't quite understand...

Is it a full game or a demo? You talked about a demo all the time, but now you talk about a Full game...
And why do you have to wait to get to your dad's place again? Didn't he bring it over to you? How could you finish it then? :crazy:

Anyways, good luck at the dentist?

RPGS

The first I wanted to Upload was a demo, but of wrong format, therefore I will now upload the full version , but in next week as said !

So the FULL GAME will come INSTHEAD :) My dad brought the wrong file (damn it), so i couldn´t upload it so you could actually PLAY it, wrong file !

When the game is comprimated as much as possible thouh :

RPGS

ohh, here I have wasted a day on lower the size /from 255 to 100 is great !) be happy that you evn CAN play it, dont bother the size, it works downloading now :/

RPGS":2jr5a0ej said:
ohh, here I have wasted a day on lower the size /from 255 to 100 is great !) be happy that you evn CAN play it, dont bother the size, it works downloading now :/

We don't have to be happy that we can play your game. YOU can be happy that I bothered downloading it.
Going to check it out now. Expect my opinion later tomorrow...

Edit: Or you know what? Don't expect it. I've kind of had enough after the intro and the first map... The intro with the pictures is friggin hard to read. Did you slam the text on there with paint or what? It even looks bad if it was with paint.

I am not perfect at speaking and writing english in any way, but your grammar and spelling is just horrible. I have to guess at some parts.

And I don't have a clue what is going on in this first scene. And not in a good way, it doesn't feel like a plot point I have to come across later to understand. It feels like you just didn't explain it all that well.

And this first "map" just finished me off. What was that supposed to be? And how the hell was I supposed to know where this frigging portal is?

To make a long story short: I don't see why I should put effort into playing and reviewing a game, the creator did not put enough effort in to make it at least half understandable.
My advice: Get yourself a beta-reader. Maybe than I can get what is going on.

gRaViJa":1oidngz7 said:
The screenshots look like a REALLY bad trip.
Ive never had a trip THAT bad.

The issue with size is that many people still use slow internet with slow downloading and uploading speed, shocking I know. The more presentable you make it, the more people will think it's worth it.

RPGS

Ohh maan !!! listen carefully dalton : I AM SWEDISH , I warned you about it ! And the pictures isn´t bad (I´ve done them myself) Search in the map ends for the portal 8may take 4 minuites) and if you´re wondering what it is for type of map, it is Maqabar Cyberspace ! (do you know what NETWORK is ?, it is a network, a dataworld ) And you jump into the story directly because it´s better that way, if you ever should give something a chance you should see it will be better (quite good) the only thing you need to do is to play at least 10 minuites, is it that hard ? :mad:

PS. In the beginning, I must admit I forgot to CORRECT MY WONG SPELLING (OMG, I´ve done as good as I could all over bt not in the beginning), please play it at least 10 minuites and you´ll see the spelling IS accepteble AND srry ifit takes to long finding the portal (OMG forgot to change the graphic of it, the map was deleted and I "didn´t have time" to change all graphic to what it was) Very sorry, but puzzles in the game isn´t like that later, also if it is, the portal have "GRAPHIC" so you can SEE it :x

Er... I found the portal, but you gave me no hint where it is. That is simply annoying.
Being Swedish is no excuse for such bad english. I am german and my english is not SO bad.

If you manage to scare away your audience with the problems right in the beginning, they will turn off the game and not play it again. They will not play again, if you tell then it gets better. SHOW me that it is worth playing this game.

Right now I am not at my own PC, so I can't give it another try. Maybe later, but I don't honestly see why I should. It seemed like you threw this intro together in abou 20 minutes. Gamemaking takes time, even with RMXP.

But whatever, you never admit that you did something wrong, but start ranting how it is not your fault. That way all critique is useless, since you seem not willing to change a thing.
Please try to improve instead of saying it is good the way it is.

RPGS

I can fix it, but why don´t play it ? You dont´need playing more than 20 minuites, you´ll notice there is not bad nor good, BUT spelling is getting better (strange but it is the truth, so just try !!)

Why don´t you look at the trailer ? Or is it the worst thing you ever seen ? te

Also, you´re not wasting your time playing a game (even it´s lenght) in like 20 minuites even if it is REALLY BAD , cause everything must have a chance, that´s my last word, you doesn´t even need playing 1 DAY ! :huh:

RPGS":2y0u8v3s said:
I can fix it, but why don´t play it ? You dont´need playing more than 20 minuites, you´ll notice there is not bad nor good, BUT spelling is getting better (strange but it is the truth, so just try !!)

Why don´t you look at the trailer ? Or is it the worst thing you ever seen ? te

Also, you´re not wasting your time playing a game (even it´s lenght) in like 20 minuites even if it is REALLY BAD , cause everything must have a chance, that´s my last word, you doesn´t even need playing 1 DAY ! :huh:

Fine than my last word is: I won't play a game that fails to explain what is going on, doesn't give me a clue where to go next (I know since i've tried to play it again...), is full of errors in spelling and grammar (and the author is just to lazy to fix that) and has terrible mapping.

I really wasted my time on this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.