Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ameth I 1.1 (MI) Released

Dead content awaiting restoration.

What is the best thing with this project ?

• The Story

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Characters

• The Names

• The Music

• The Size (8 hours gameplay)

• Influens to other games

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sidequests

• The Titlescreen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh the pain this thread gives me to read! I like how deticated you are to this project kid, never give up, but it seems like you REALLY need help presenting it.

First off, the thread itself sucks, no offence. Make use of BBCode and color in the post. Another thing, please use paragraphs... I cannot stress that enough. A little more information on your characters would be nice. Age, Class, Bio, etc. I see no need in listing the places you can go during the game. I'd rather find them myself, thats just part of an RPG.

You really shoulden't be concerned about other Ameth projects untill the first game is finished fully and has a storyline worth backing them up.

Like many others have said, you're mapping is atrocious. Add some more trees and other objects. Make you're game come alive kid!

I kinda like the storyline for this game, you just need to present it all better. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, ask help if you need it. I might be able to help you spruce the thread up to attract more people if you want, just P.M me. ;)

-Sirus

RPGS

EXACTLY !!! I have to start SOMEWHERE, so do not say its bad it is my 1st RPG !!!

1st RPG !!!
The first RPG May have bad graphics,
Bt Enough, You all have picked on me, I just wanna show my game here, it is a game, some people may be bad making ém and someone may be very good :) It is just so

bt ofcourse, I will fix the maps and stuff, but in Ameth I (1.2) Then :/ Anyhow

PLEASE I AM NO KID

RPG Come alive ? Ohh man you doesn´t know how long I have worked with the project for now, a halph year ya There is a DEEP storyline

Sorry for the abve, but I need people to not be TOO "Mean"...

However thank you very much, I will change the topic info and rw-write the story, (even if it is that advanced)

I think I need to PM you if it is ok :)

RPGS

UPDATE: I have shortened the storyline and added class and age of each character, Now Im will test downloading Ameth I, if it doesn´t work, it´s something wrong with the site srry :)

LATER :
Yes, It works to download !!!

Star

Sponsor

I thought your thread said it was your 2nd RPG? :crazy:

Anyway. I have downloaded it. And every time I unpack it I get an error. And when I look at the contents its 138 MB's of BGM. Which totally blows my mind

I even spent 20 minutes downloading it again just to be sure there wasn't some mistake with Filefront. (Which there never is, I never had a problem with it)

And after spending the precious time of downloading the file. I unpacked the file once again to find 138 mega bytes of oh my fucking god

[IMAGE REMOVED]

After some much needed thought. I've come to this final conclusion. Of all the things people hated about your project, it totally had no affect on me. Until the 138 MEGA BYTE download of omfg background music. This is when I snap. Dude.. SERIOUSLY

Before ever uploading another thing like that again. Either reduce the filesize of all your songs with a choice converter or don't put them in there at all. If you bgm is 138. I fear to see what the whole thing is. Probably like 200 mb's. I'm going to shit brix now. kthx bai

First of all 4chan memes are against the rules. Secondly you need to calm down and stop flaming, relax, if there are problems just kindly let them know and they will fix it as soon as they can.

RPGS

Enough, didn´t I already said that you shouldn´t waste your time on writing tings like " Oh thats way to much seriously dude"...Why do you write it anyhow ?

However there´s a great eror at filefront cause I can extract the file on my computer ! (When I have the file directly from my computer and NOT from Filefront)

It doesn´t matter how big something is, and all the BGMs is in use, I told you my game is 8 hours of gameplay, so ofcourse there may be much BGM and stuff...

I knew this would happen, is it even possible to upload my game somewhere where it acctually works !?!?! Im sceptic
I will try Mega Upload, bt I cannot see any "Download Button" When I try to download others projects :(

I told you that the game is LARGE :

There is a difference between large and too large. and 138 MB of music is too large for a game like yours.

And people write this because they want you to know. If all we did was come here and tell you how great your game is (which it isn't from what I can see) how would you improve?
At the moment there is so much wrong with your project, that people only comment the bad things, because the good aspects are overshadowed.

Lastly: If you can't take critizism, don't post projects here, because people here love to critisize.

RPGS

I can take critique but people do not need to post meany things like "You must be 8 years old" THATS what I mean :)

However, I think I need help If I should like "reduce the size of BGM" Cause I need them all, BUT I can somehow make it so that it is a comrimated file (I think) , but I will need help , would you help me, else, I would NEVER be able to show the "world" my project ! It seems that it matters how big :( Cause It takes to long to download, How shall I do ? :crazy:

RPGS

Thank you so much ! I will do it ! But the worst thing is that the game is at my dad´s home, so I will have to wait about an week b4 I can fix it, sorry :(

I only have the encryptrd archive (the one that didn´t work)

You said this is your 1st project, but in the title it says 2nd project.

Welcome to RMXP.org, Mr. Contradictorer.

And your game is at Dad's home...
*thinks of something nasty* :shock:

RPGS

Im sorry it is my 2nd project, as I said wrong !

Yes It is at my dads, sorry, maybe I ´ll phone him to bring it to me

Yes,

Toshi

Sry dude, but watch your doubleposting.
And u really really really need photoshop oder gimp or something like that...

RPGS

Exactly, listen to the global Moderator, I think all of you flamed this topic (and me) by writing unnecessary things like "You´re 8 years old"

Banned if you continue doing such thing , listern to The Moderator

However, I will tell dad to come at Monday with the game
then I will fulfill some updates to it :

Map Addons
Qiuck De-Bug Test

and

Music (BGM) Reducing (To OGG eventually)

RPGS":131j4xut said:
I will tell dad to come at Monday with the game
What does this mean?

RPGS":131j4xut said:
Music (BGM) Reducing (To OGG eventually)

You shouldn't just reduce all your music, but remove what isn't really needed. Even reduced, you'll still have over 70 MBs on your project.

Also, to you people "defending" RPGS and RPGS himself, you gotta learn that when the game is/looks good people will say "it looks good" and when it is/looks bad they will say "it looks bad". And if you don't want people to think you're 8, check your spelling and grammar. This is an english-speaking forum, after all.

MukanshinBlack":3ad8g8f0 said:
RPGS":3ad8g8f0 said:
What does this mean?
A "dad" is an informal version of father, ie. a parent of a child.

From what he said, i assume, based on loose evidence, that he requires his paternal figure to provide him with the game data so he may edit it.

Nickster":bxxn22i4 said:
MukanshinBlack":bxxn22i4 said:
RPGS":bxxn22i4 said:
What does this mean?

From what he said, i assume, based on loose evidence, that he requires his paternal figure to provide him with the game data so he may edit it.

The bold: I guess he knows that....

The Italicalized text: It would be easier if you use easier english.

To sum it up...

We shouldn't call him a 8 year-old boy, but instead tell him to check his G.R.A.M.M.A.R.

RPGS

Nickster":wl2mn32v said:
MukanshinBlack":wl2mn32v said:
RPGS":wl2mn32v said:
What does this mean?

It is not my dad who decides over my project , why do you think so (Haa-haa ridicolous, don´t you have a dad ?)

Why dont you ask why I spell badly insthead ? i´m not 8 years old, but from SWEDEn,

It is rude to I say things that isn´t true :X
I have Ameth I at my mum´s place as well, but it is the first version of it so there are no uptades meaning that the
mapping is even worse :( Also there would be bugs, so therefore please wait until monday (or longer, cause I need to
reduce the size of everything, as I do not know how to do)

BUT, I will upload my Ameth I Demo ! You can play that at Monday evening, play trough the 20 minuites demo and see if you want to play the full version of the game then ! Give evrything you find a try please :)

Also, you meet Nova Angel much earlier in the demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.