Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ameth I 1.1 (MI) Released

Dead content awaiting restoration.

What is the best thing with this project ?

• The Story

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Characters

• The Names

• The Music

• The Size (8 hours gameplay)

• Influens to other games

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sidequests

• The Titlescreen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god oh god oh god vastly inconsistent graphics get them away from me aah aah aah

The story reads to me as incredibly clichéd and nonsensical. If I had more time and was in a better state of mind, I'd gladly give you an indepth critique, but as is, it's too much and I'd probably go insane.

but basically:
1) graphics are horribly inconsistent
2) story is poor, at best

Anonymous

hey killerzkings how about you stop shitting up the board thanks

RPGS

Exactly...However, when I putted my character sprites here, I needed to resize them, and that`s why they looks like they does, srry...

And my story is never poor...Let me write the whole and you`ll see it`s rather special...
And why is it hard to see my trailer ? i`m just wondering... Ok, so I need some feedback, would be nice :)

(Ps.Why Zarx looks like that is because the datadarkness inflicts things like that on the caster or nearby people)

domowoj":1i80h0th said:
hey killerzkings how about you stop shitting up the board thanks
"the pot calls the kettle black"
No seriously, dont start flame wars about personal hate n' stuff

On topic:

Your game has potential if you Pratice more
I like your dedication though.
Just, don't go off topic RPGS on topics and dont act like a noob in the forums
Sorry if it sounds rude.

Dont you ever try to use the Magical Crystals and COLLECTING THEM.

It has been seen in 101 RPGs ( no im just exaggarating w/e you spell that )

RPGS

Ok sorry for everything :/
Far to late to change that I use crystals, sorry... And because people told me to write more of the story, I have done that now :)
I know my maps and graphic isn`t that good, perhaps ? :)

However theres really a lot of sidequests in Ameth I and many optional bosses  :bunny:
Is there any webpage that I can upload my exe.file of Ameth I so people can DOWNLOAD my game  ? :lol:

RPGS":377jxall said:
Ok sorry for everything :/
Far to late to change that I use crystals, sorry... And because people told me to write more of the story, I have done that now :)
I know my maps and graphic isn`t that good, perhaps ? :)

However theres really a lot of sidequests in Ameth I and many optional bosses  :bunny:
Is there any webpage that I can upload my exe.file of Ameth I so people can DOWNLOAD my game  ? :lol:
megaupload, filefront ( uh I can't download there ), rapidshare, mediafire, and more

BTW, I am not going to play a crystal game unless people say its VERY NICE

RPGS

You cannot say that a game is bad because it has crystals in it.. BTW it is formed as crystals and named as crystals, but they are apparently spheres...
Would it be better :/ ?

For the first screenshot: Find a better sky panorama and try to embed the land parts in the sky better. It's not really giving me a "oh wow this is a floating world" feeling, but rather "huh what the hell there's land randomly put in the sky".

For the second screenshot: There's too much emptyness, all the plain white even hurts my eyes. Fill it up more, and remove that line of shadow on the houses. It looks really weird.

RPGS":2is5bw49 said:
You cannot say that a game is bad because it has crystals in it.. BTW it is formed as crystals and named as crystals, but they are apparently spheres...
Would it be better :/ ?
Of course it won't be bad because of crystals.
But It will be clichy, therefore turning out some people

RPGS

Ok , & I will put more of my screenshots, and that snow town IS just empty, I will post more screenshots in the first section (beginning)  :lol:

LATER : Take a look now :) I have added more screenshots  :bunny:

Projects in work with : Ameth Legends, Ameth III, Ameth : Creation of Planets

Later : Ok, so where the hell is everybody ?  :dead:

You really need more practice when it comes to mapping & I watched your trailer; the only thing that I can't get out of my mind is all the laughter [too much "Ahahahhaaa"] & a flying-talking angel statue? o_O ... I guess you have your reasons for that.

Other than that you seem to have a lot of passion for this & you've made so much progress already [which means you have to work harder when you have more experience to re-do a lot of it], but it seems you have patience.

Final Note: I recommend you go through a few tutorials in the mapping area most importantly & then writing & dialogue before you continue working on the game any further (they won't take a lot of your time & you'll learn a thing or two).

I wish you the best of luck in making your game.

Best Regards,
      BlackWings

RPGS

BlackWings":uelft8kp said:
You really need more practice when it comes to mapping & I watched your trailer; the only thing that I can't get out of my mind is all the laughter [too much "Ahahahhaaa"] & a flying-talking angel statue? o_O ... I guess you have your reasons for that.

Other than that you seem to have a lot of passion for this & you've made so much progress already [which means you have to work harder when you have more experience to re-do a lot of it], but it seems you have patience.

Final Note: I recommend you go through a few tutorials in the mapping area most importantly & then writing & dialogue before you continue working on the game any further (they won't take a lot of your time & you'll learn a thing or two).

I wish you the best of luck in making your game.

Best Regards,
      BlackWings

Thanks, but the thing you said "too much aha-hha-haa... and flying angel" isn`t correct , BUT in the trailer there`s "aha-haa-haa" perhaps too many times...
I`m sorry, but I won`t change my mapping on this game (far to many maps ; 78) but thank you very much, my next project (Ameth Legends) will have better maps, I will lay down more effort when I`m mapping :) (Like some hours, and it may be good !)

Projects working with : Ameth Legends, Ameth III, Ameth : Creations of Planets

Ps. The game is finished  :bunny:

I`m sorry, but I won`t change my mapping on this game (far to many maps ; 78) but thank you very much, my next project (Ameth Legends) will have better maps, I will lay down more effort when I`m mapping :) (Like some hours, and it may be good !)

Ps. The game is finished  :bunny:

That seems kinda "selfish" to me.  I know you've probably been working on this game for a little while and you don't want to go over and fix things that were arranged already for events, games, etc. But even you're saying your maps aren't your best potential, "I will lay down more effort when I'm mapping :)".

Projects working with : Ameth Legends, Ameth III, Ameth : Creations of Planets

I hope this is not all at once, take on one project at a time, it's much more understandable and not confusing. Don't multitask is all I can say.

"Ameth: Creations of Planets". I think that would sound better if it were "Ameth: Creation of the Planets" IMO.

So what's the order of your games? Is Ameth Legends the second one in the series?

RPGS

Im doing 1 project at a time :) And yes Ameth Legends is the 2nd in the series... (Ameth is my planet they`re living in, the world basicly)
After that it is Ameth III and then I will make Ameth : Creation of Planets...

After them I will do no more Ameth games I think (perhap except for the single Ameth XIII)
Oh, sorry I have so many events on my maps that I cannot redo them if they look terrible, just add more thinhgs if ya`want :)

So what do you like the game however except for the bad maps :/ ?

oh.......

RPGS

Update. I have added more project Info AND I will add the dates of each day I fix my mapping, spelling etc.   :bunny:

27/12 - 08 : Map addons (So it doesn`t look so empty)
            -  Text editing : So people doesn`t say like "defeat Zarx" after he is defeated

RPGS

Where the hell is all people !?!?!?!?

srry, but I wonder

best to end this topic  :cry:

Update. Have now finsihed my demo version 1.0 of Ameth I. I will put it on Megaupload soon.

Scuff

RPGS, I like your game and cant wait until it comes out. Don't let the other people's comments get to you, they are just being jerks and making fun of you because its your 2nd game.

BTW: Is the game out?

RPGS

UPDATE : I have done a secret ending opened after completing the game IF secret condition unlocked

And also Omega XIII has got less Strength before, but the same Hp (999999 HP)

An extra side-quest have been added to Dom`Bhergis Monster Arena

Another quest that gives you Total Warrior have been added.

RPGS, I'll tell what I think of your game.

First of all, I don't understand the story at all. This Zarx guy can control machines or something and three random young people are going to stop him from controlling the government which are run by machines? Seriously, it's too retarded to understand.

Second, the most important part of a project thread, the screenshots, are an eyesore. Inconsistincy and stupidity are used hand-in-hand in each screenshot. Too many graphics just don't match each other and some things are mapped in a way that makes no sense at all. Search for some mapping tutorials and learn to map.

Lastly, look at other project threads and REALLY REALLY fix yours up. You want people to read the thread and go "hmm" not "what the hell?". I understand you're 8 years old and retarded, but look at other threads and see why they get people's positive attention and not people's negative attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.