Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Ameth I 1.1 (MI) Released

Dead content awaiting restoration.

What is the best thing with this project ?

• The Story

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Maps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Characters

• The Names

• The Music

• The Size (8 hours gameplay)

• Influens to other games

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sidequests

• The Titlescreen

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[IMAGE REMOVED]

Click here. And read very thoroughly. I want a full report on it by the end of this week through PM. :D (No, seriously, read it very thoroughly and practice! Then re-do all your maps and come back. ^^)

Please do not post 4chan memes, ignoring this will result in an official warn. Arbiter~

Alright, I am going to take your project like I would any other and point out some high points, and some low points...

High Points:
1) you seem to be trying to learn from what people have given you ( a little )
2) you tried to import some diffrent sprites, which is always good! :)

Low Points:
1) The plot/story line ( as everyone has laughed at... yes.. that one... ) is over used and just plain BLAHH!!
2) I want you to take a REALLY good look at your world map. Why is the land of ice, or whatever that is next to the pryamids? Why is the castle half way off the land? And why the hell is the ice just randomly stopping at the green square?!? Whew... look up some mapping tut's people around here will help you.
3)Your imported sprites clash, BADLY, with everything else in your world, they have black edges and are fuzzy....
4) And more ----- ect, ect, ect,

I'm not trying to be mean, but this project, if its going anywhere, will need more work. right now its not well-off
But, ( What is this?! There is hope?!? ) if you leanr things from this RPG that will make your next ones better... all your time went to something!! :P

2) I want you to take a REALLY good look at your world map. Why is the land of ice, or whatever that is next to the pryamids? Why is the castle half way off the land? And why the hell is the ice just randomly stopping at the green square?!? Whew... look up some mapping tut's people around here will help you.

I'd like to add on a thing called transitions. Don't go from one tile suddenly to the next so you can see where the tile ends (like in the worldmap with the ice and grass) but you need to use an autotile that makes a transition. Look up some autotiles and you'll see that they have a nice transition...

Scuff":1lj8dyz0 said:
RPGS, I like your game and cant wait until it comes out. Don't let the other people's comments get to you, they are just being jerks and making fun of you because its your 2nd game.

BTW: Is the game out?

I seriously hope your being sarcastic with this empty ditto.

Also about this Ameth game.. you must remake your maps, yes thats right, remake it.
Don't be lazy, or people won't download your game therefore your time goes to waste.

RPGS

Okey, but i warn all of you out there, when you give bad critique, DO NOT ADD LIKE :
"you must be 8 years old, your stupid.." or "why waste time int this crap, your game is horrible"

man, seriously you´re wasting your time by adding such unessecary things like that, just write,

"you must redo your maps, if not, there won`t be many playing your game" or "Your graphic is horrible" then skipp those crap like "you must be a poor kid"

I am just telling that I understand what you mean by shorter critique :)

And for you who thought the story was advanced here`s an easy explanation summary of the storyline (I think it`s quite special) :

Zarx is the Leader of MaqaBar Faction , one o the Three Organizations within the World Government but when they´re dizmissed for powerhungryness, Zarx want revenge and take over World Government, therefore he build machines and plans a war in Crazaan Capital, the Machine War.

The Warriors of Light tries to stop Zarx and his data-darkness by finding all God Crystals and draw their divine power...

It is as easy as that :) Please, it may be bad maps and things, but it is my 2nd RPG !

Star

Sponsor

Holy shit people

I mean there's a time when you stop beating the dead horse. Yes. MAPs this Maps that. Forget the maps. I couldn't barely see them from the video, and they really didn't look that awful to me.

Don't go ganging up in the man's thread and saying all this stuff. It will just make people like me angry and actually want to play his game when I probably would of ignored it before.

@ RPGS - If you make a demo, I'd be happy to play it.. all the way to the end.

P.S. Just one little thing tho. Maybe you should post some requests in the resource forum for custom made sprites. Original RTP are so boring.

RPGS

Thank you star ! People should be more like you, how can the maps and other be THAT bad ? All of you make me angry by mean critique, stop it and be more like StarGGundam plz, or else I will report for rudeness :/

I am finished with Ameth I Demo, how do I upload it and where ?

Ps, thanks for the tip , I will upload my spritesheets on resources, like Axyr and Zarx :)

Those screenshots are horrendous.

All of the graphics are either RTP or bad.

The panoramas are disgusting, the mapping is horrible, and the huge FF6-stolen enemy doesn't match the resolution of the game.

The battle system looks bland and the story is atrocious.

I can't find a single thing about this game I like. Work on it more.

RPGS

Why ? isn`t it even accaptable ! Now download it and enjoy the adventure do not care about the graphic (Doesn´t it mean that you HATE the graphic of RPG Maker Xp ?, cause I haven`t done that much graphic myself)

Also I understand that now, enough :/

If you understand and want more attention (as you have like 10 posts in here saying WHY DONT IG ET MORE COMMENTS) then you really should fix it. :P

Anyways, the custom graphics and RTP obviously clash a lot. That's why. :)

*spoiler*

RPGS

I do not say I want more comments, but I say that it is not realistic that EVERYTHING is bad with the game, people (not all of course :X) Are having fun with me just :

If not, I wanna se the first RPGs of you then, maybe good, but I think you used the "bad" RTP :)

RPGS":38q9leed said:
I do not say I want more comments, but I say that it is not realistic that EVERYTHING is bad with the game, people (not all of course :X) Are having fun with me just :

No, I was being quite serious. There's not a single redeeming thing in your game.

If not, I wanna se the first RPGs of you then, maybe good, but I think you used the "bad" RTP :)

Sure, check my signature and take a look.

RPGS

So my game is the worst ever, okey :)

Bt so fixing it and to say sorry that I won`t change graphic, I will release a RPG soon , no story, but my own graphic (after all tutos of course)

However, do you think it would be a good idea ? (I will wait and use tutos a very long time :)

I have a question : Isn`t RPGS with standard-RTP played that much ? Then I will like stop using RMXP Until I have learnt making my own graphic :

RPGS":1ahf3rbi said:
I have a question : Isn`t RPGS with standard-RTP played that much ? Then I will like stop using RMXP Until I have learnt making my own graphic :

RTP is definately overused, but original graphics that are poorly made or poorly used are worse than RTP done well. Unfortinately you need to brush up on your mapping skills too.

Check out our mapping tutorials, and if you want to make your own tiles we've got shit for that too.

RPGS

Very good... The worst is that there may be other people out there who do map horribly too, that´s sad :(

But thank you anyhow, I wanted comments AT ALL, no matter if it was bad or good critique :

Sorry if I ask again, isn´t even the playtime or story great ?

I do not say I want more comments

Then afterwards you say:

I wanted comments AT ALL

And before that:

Where the hell is all people !?!?!?!?

Quite contradictory don't you think?

My first game? Bad RTP? I fail to see the connection here, and what is considered "bad" RTP. What you're doing is using different styles of graphics in one game that horribly clash and make it look incredibly amateur.

snippet033.png

*downloading*
I want to comment on your writing, too. =3

Alright guys thats enough, I think you have picked everything humanly possible bad about his game out XD

You don't have to redo every map, just make sure you make them better when you make the next game in the line ( try entering them in the mapping improvement thread, they will help you out :smile: ). after all most people here havent completed a game before so you have to start somewhere don't you?

Although on the other hand they are right RPG, you have been asking for attention.
Probably the worst thing about your game is the clashing graphics, those need to be fixed and shouldn't take that to long to fix, try to look around you for mapping tips to, these guys who post have some games in their sig, look at their maps and see if you can learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.