Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Version 2.8! CTB by Charlie Lee (v2.8) - aka a FFX like Battle System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest to try the BS without the Skill Learning System (simply remove the corresponding script from the script editor) and with only the multi-slot script added. If there's a problem with this basic configuration, please report the exact error  that you get and under what conditions you get it.

Alright I'll use 2.5. as a tester, I will try to find any and all possible problems. ;)
I do love the summon system you got.

Multi-Slot Other - Line 30 Error.
I removed Skill learning script too.
I got this after I attacked a NPC then after like 3 seconds after he step back, the error appeared.

EDIT: I used your custom item script and pasted it in, and I got line 31 error.
So I suppose it doesn't work with this, as of right now. There error appeared when either I attacked the NPC, or the NPC attacked me. Though it was way after the attack like 2-3 seconds, hope I helped.

EDIT2: If you have a CMS with a face display feature the battle system will error could you try to have a different kind of display of faces using some other method.
Method and Class Library seems to not work with this, SDK is sort of compat with this, but causes some lag I think.

EDIT3: Could you code in a Battle Result script too? Something simple, just a add-on, because
the result music keeps playing. At-least I think. ;)

Other than that this is the best CBS out right now.
The best thing I like about your CBS is that it keeps getting better, and the HP/SP bars look awesome. Best I have ever seen. That will be all from me for awhile, sorry for bugging you so much ><

Bascha

I'm not sure if this calls for an edit within this system or another whole deal but, is it possible to make the actors hit multiple times within one "attack".

In two examples...

A fighter with two swords attacks twice and it shows two seperate damages.

A monk class attacks with 3 punches and it hits 3 times.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to have certain weapons allow you to attack more or less then others.

charlie, that would be a nice option for connected attacks, as i need that for my game and i don't fully understand the way animated battlers work. but i can't use a new version as i have already integrated version 2.5 into my game with lots of edits.

Since I'd like to take a break for a while I'm posting the new version (2.5) as it is so far. Note that it is different from the last WIP posted before.

The first post has been updated with the new Demo, Features and Instructions.

Summarizing, here are the new features compared to version 2.4:

v2.5 Lots of graphics configuration options
v2.5 Support for 8 chars during battle.
v2.5 New battle status window
v2.5 Summons
v2.5 Options for usability of items with summons
v2.5 Individual Battle Commands

The summoned characters are simply actors in the database. I don't think I will work on a "Aeons training system" or anything similar. At least not in the near future.
C&C welcome as usual.

I am going to check it out, thanks for the update.
I switched from RTAB and this seems to be so much better.
I know I bug you alot, sorry about that  :eek:
I just would like to say nice job, works so much better than 2.4. and 2.5. Wip 2.

Amazing, Superb, but when i summoned monster they'll fight until battle ends/they lose it'll good if they unsummon automaticly in one turn or they continue to exist if invoked actor has a mp

Charlie I have one great suggestion could you make a
battle result script at the end of the fight, this would
solve tons of problems if the victory BGS is to long,
or you want it to return to default music that was
playing before the battle. Thanks, sorry for so many
posts here. ><

@Helladen
You have already asked that battle result script. Maybe in the future.

@Bascha and Rotimikid
Connected attacks? Seems interesting... maybe in the future too...

@Venetia
You are just trying to fool me. I know... when I'm going to relax, BAM! 273 PMed requests ;).

A little present for you all. Add this to "CTB by Charlie - Game_Battler" just before the final "end", and you'll have the state animations cycling just as the text in the status window.
Code:
#==============================================================================
# SUPPORT CYCLING STATE ANIMATION
#==============================================================================
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Get State Animation ID
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def state_animation_id
    # If no states are added
    if @states.size == 0
      return 0
    end
    # Return state animation ID
    return $data_states[@states[(@state_shown-1)%@states.size()]].animation_id
  end

Mirku

Sponsor

Hi, I ran into a little bit of trouble.
I'm making a kh game, just out of interest and wanted to have something liek the early stage of Drives.
So I tried to use the Superart system for it.
Now I editted conf:
SUPER_ARTS_NAME="Drive"

Then I changed CMD Superart and Superart into CMD Drive and Drive
It seemed to work since I could only use the skill when the bar was full, but then when I tried it a bug appeared, let me show you with a screenshot.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6292/screenbugnf2.png[/img]

Help please

That line deals with the graphics of the bars, are you sure that you have all the graphic resources needed. Just check the demo.

When exactly does the error occur? When you go for using the superart or when the bar fills up to 100%?

Anyway i think i will drop the superart system and turn it into compatibility and graphic support for DVV's limit breaks system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.