Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

Commodore Whynot":2wopi2m3 said:
Going through my old project files that someone kindly cracked for me <3

Makes you wonder why you ever encrypted in the first place, right?

Commodore Whynot":2wopi2m3 said:
Feeling rather annoyed. I spent the past few days mapping out a very detailed 200x200 map. It was perfect. And it somehow deleted itself.

You did that that quickly? What was it? I've been working on the same 230X350 map of a city for a few months now, and I'm only doing structure, not too much detail yet.

This morning I nearly lost some of my project because my computer crashed while RMXP was open. I had just saved it and not made any changes, and yet just because it was open I had to copy an empty CommonEvents.rxdata and recreate my MapInfos.rxdata (that was a pain). I use a Mac so I get Time Machine backups automatically, though not in Windows and I still have to diligently copy the RMXP files over to the Mac partition because even though I bought Macdrive, RMXP will not open projects on an HFS+ partition.

I also wrote a new Tilemap class for RMXP based on SephirothSpawn's class. It does not crash on huge maps like what I was using before, but unfortunately it lags "like a bitch in cold weather" when looking at the whole thing zoomed out. I've got to think of some way to hybridize that class with a plain bitmap preview, because using actual sprites must be what causes RGSS to go "20,000 sprites? OMG FAILZ". I don't know if this is because they're all within the viewport or if performance would not be an issue with invisible sprites, so I will be investigating this further. Suffice it to say that I need a Map Image Maker 3.0 which can save maps larger than ~100x100 without scaling them down.

Heh well the 200x200 was a remake of a map I'd already made, so I knew where things were going to go and things. It wasn't so much perfect, more a first draft, but it was a good map IMO :p

I have the ability to work at something for six hours non-stop and then look at the clock.

Just installed Unreal Tournament 3. Trying to find the editor.

Making some skills/stats/class ideas for the vx project, mostly fleshed out. Mapping the level up/skills map of the three main characters. making up class names. Learning ruby from chris pine's book.

And of course, the beloved usual procrastinating. Still got two projects due in 2 days...

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Itching my neck after a haircut, updating my blog and awaiting an invite for a new online RPG. All of which are the complete opposite of what my plan REALLY states ..

Still leaving my uni work till the last minute -.-

Gotta do some Unreal mapping today. Following some tutorials from a big hefty book.

Nothing, yet my internet is being a asshole and decides to be slow. Did a virus scan, and halfway though I find three warnings and a single virus.
Brushing up on my advanced window scripting skills, designing a hud that stays on the screen and shows the player's stats, which is handy for a evented battle system.

copying VVVVVV.

Code:
def get_room_name

mn_x = ($game_player.x/20).floor*20

mn_y = ($game_player.y/15).floor*15

for i in $game_map.events.keys

if $game_map.events[i].x == mn_x && $game_map.events[i].y == mn_y

return $game_map.events[i].list[0].parameters[0]

end

end

end

I'm currently trying to find more sci-fi tiles for VX. The hunt has gone well, but I need More. MORE. I got an idea for a sick sci-fi game the other day, and I'm gonna play around with it.

I decided to rework Epiphany, and revamp the story. For now, I'm keeping it bare except for the essentials. I wanna create a more elaborate Alchemy system instead of chemical mixing. Like transmutation. It's taking a while but I'm getting there.

I haven't even been here in awhile, I just haven't had as much reason ever since I lost my third download of RPG Maker XP when my other computer crapped out a few months ago...It's weird being away from RPG Maker XP so long. But I have to get it back someday, after all, I have to finish at least ONE game with it.

I've had a few ideas pop into my head recently, some kind of ridiculous. Crossover RPGs with my own battlers, but not a usual crossover, a crossover with less important, more obscure characters. Why? I don't know. Probably not the best use of my time.

And I've been busy working on some other game on a different program. Mostly planning stuff out and designing the world and such, but also working on the game itself. Progress is slow though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.