Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

Trying to think of anywhere I might have accidentally uploaded an unencrypted form of the original Vengeance :crazy: I need the original files ;-;

Also, musing with the idea of recreating it as an offline game - man there's so much storyline behind this you don't even the original game had like 30 hours of gameplay or some shits

vgvgf":1tpsjv6t said:
Fighting against a memory leak problem in c++.
You stole my post from the future O:

Spent like the last week fixing a memory leak, it's mostly worked out but it seems like it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place, perhaps I'm not using RPG::Cache the right way.

Annoyed that I had to perform a destructive recovery (a total system restart) and lost everything. Now I have to re-do all of my event systems.
Not as simple as it sounds I had: a cloister of trials system, a time system (good thing I have instructions on that), lock picking and a bunch of other stuff that is a pain in the arse (ass for those who don't own an american-english to british-english dictionary) to do. And I lost a whole bunch of sprites, projects and more. God I should really back up my stuff from now on.

Finally got RMXP working on my x64 bit, without lag.
Finished the intro for my game
Figuring out how I'm going to make a extremely tall steeple in a map ;,; How...
Making a Event/Plot script for my game
Made a new logo

Commodore Whynot":1035cjid said:
About to start work with Unreal III engine, but I can't find my install cd anywhere... this could be problematic :cheers:

Funny, this is what I'm getting ready to jump into. The release of the UDK has inspired me to dig up an old UT3 mod I started a while back.

Deciding to take a stab at eventing all of my underlining game mechanics in Chao Tales without being so dependent on scripts for everything.

Feeling rather annoyed. I spent the past few days mapping out a very detailed 200x200 map. It was perfect. And it somehow deleted itself.

Changed my avatar to my new logo, and went to all of my recent posts just to see it.
Waiting to see if Spook could come back into the team for a bit.
Twiddling thumbs; can't do much until I get a mapper...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Trying to fix a stupid gay issue I'm having with my GM Game, bloody projectiles are fucking up my jumping system! GRR NERDRAGEBONER!!!

moxie

Sponsor

Jbrist":1ibo4blz said:

One of these things is not like the others...

I'm actually having a hell of a time trying to find a good way to implement photography into a 2d game. I'm starting to realize I wasn't really considering what works and what doesn't in 2d when I went about designing the core mechanics. :P

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well, you can go on a nerd rage, or you can have a raging boner, on the other hand, a nerd can have a boner, or go one step further and the nerd has a raging boner...

As you can see, this is a very complicated matter that should be dealt with by the highest government officials.

Still can't figure out this problem though...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Well aside from playing MAG, game making wise, well, I've had a problem...

So I came to open my GM project, and it like... corrupt or something, so I can't access it...

So I'm in the process of remaking the whole thing, but trying to make it simpler, since I think I made it a tad too complex before, even I was confused by some of it.

Oh, I hope you had backups. Losing work to corruption is worse than losing a country to corruption ^^. Hum, something along those lines anyway.

Jason

Awesome Bro

Pfft, I never make backups, that's not a manly thing to do at all... but meh, atleast it's giving me a chance to make things simpler, and I might even be able to fix the issues I was having before, yay me... in a sense of "Oh look, I have all the time in the wor... oh shit, I've got a few assignments to hand in for college..." kind of thinking...

I totally just got done writing my own mesh format and a loader for that mesh format in Flash. *evil laugh* I've got some cool stuff planned >:D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.