Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

I thought it might be nice to have an RM equivalent of post what's on your mind. Essentially, what this is, is what are you doing at the moment, game-making wise? Maybe you've just started spriting a neat pixel background, or just mastered the art of ABS scripting. Sometimes. I dont understand big words and little children so my only resort is to cry. I am so sorry i failed you all. Please dont sleep on me. Please.

~

Taking into consideration how I could implement the narrator as more of a character, since 1) it was pointed out in one of the PCP reviews for my demo and 2) because the narrator really is an important, separate character, if not only in the idea itself of a storyteller.

I've got a few ideas, but the problem is that it risks making it too book-ly in the presentation of some parts, which was a major complaint from uncultured players with Lost Odyssey. But you can't please everyone.

Simultaneously mapping a huge city, writing a complicated plot chart for it, and trying to make the scripts work. I'm having problems with networking.

I'm also trying to restrain myself from spending too much time looking at wxRuby, because I do want to eventually remake the development tools (RMXP) but not right now, I need to do the other things first (and also, I don't know enough about making a graphics engine yet).

Also looking for good mappers to help me with interiors.

mawk

Sponsor

brocrastinating

considering leitmotifs and incidental pieces, chilling with FL Studio open with some soundfonts set but piano rolls blank.

the first chapter I'm gonna work on involves a five-man band. lead guitar, bass, keyboard, drums, and saxophone/second guitar. probably gonna write most of the music in that chapter for those instruments. maybe cover some existing game music as an easter egg. probably Big Shot's Theme or a piano Eight Melodies. maybe both. probably gonna have a ton of shout outs to various things in all my games, at this rate.

mawk

Sponsor

sup jb this isn't woym

unless ven's chickdick is pertinent to gammaking I will say you should probably not make posts like that here

Jason

Awesome Bro

Uhh... if I say yes, will we have met some sort of agreement?

But seriously, what I'm doing at the moment is trying to fix a problem I'm having with projectiles on Game Maker, that seems valid o.O

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.