Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Ah! he lost some weight~

I love it! I look forward to seeing more~!

I have not done much since the open beta weekend due to burn out, but I have still done a good amount! One major thing is (and this is largely thanks to coyotecraft reporting errors) that in some phases the Starship YHWH tends to be rather empty, so I went and systematically added in events for all present characters. You will still occasionally be missing a member for plot reasons, for an example- when Pep beams down to speak with Nola on Zen Aneia he's no longer on the Starship, and then when heading to Galaxia until the end of its arc, Fyori is absent as she's setting up events to find the Wizard.

Then when its revealed Tiramisa's going nutso she's not present for that and a good bit before it. Though also Tiramisa has a habit of just going wheresoever she pleases.

I also did some rewriting on a few optional events and the resultant flavor dialogue from the NPC's surrounding them.
In other news work began on some new optional events, so far only Kara's, the first and second are done and I'm half way through the third.
FKofcBrVQAMBnca
FKqgbc1VcAIvd-C

FKqgbcyVUAo9MVb
FKofcBQVgAAzKmF

Then I remembered it'd be really about time I started working on the 8th Simian Scandal, so here is that!
Oh and Coyote as you've all seen has been hard at work!

They're the bad guys~
FJpAIkjaMAEJv6w

GJgLqkB.gif

Finished this Skeleton the other night. I feel good about it.
Limbo's character sheet just needs a few finishing touches.

There's still a lot of characters to be made for this demo. But there's only a few where I don't have something started.
I've been telling myself the Galaxians will be short work because they just have simple robes and I already got a base for them.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Epic to hear that~!
I've not been slouching off much either, beyond just making fixes to the game whenever noticed, I've also just finished redesigning the pamphlets and making all 51 that I basically can right now until Pjcr gets me more work.
DPXfBP6.png

As it stands there's only 5 to go for everything up to Disk 2.

Here's an example of how they look in game~
FNB1BLr.png

Coolarooni, huh?

I didn't get anything done yesterday. But Kitsune week must go on. I have this sprite I made like 2 years ago when Remi_Chan started posting all these Kitsune characters.
FGrMyIU.png

Obviously the black outline isn't the proper style. But it's something to work off of. It's pretty close to what it needs to be.
I also have sketches of Lily and Zyphrra. They were all based on some old concept art. I also gave them all noses but that's going to have to go.
2w8gCP0.png

1DL9Rq5.png

There are 2 other Kitsunes that I also had sketchy sprites of. But they need to be completely rework. At the time, I didn't really draw them as Kitsune. I thought they might be Nekomata.

Renae and Cathy have the fewest number of tails among the Kitsune. Since the Nekomata have 1-2 tails, it was an honest mistake.
This just about wraps up my Kitsune Week showcase. I have to finish doing the directional stepping frames for all these girls.
vbrXk3h.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Nothing I can say will ever possibly be able to express my profound glee with how well you'd done these sprites.

Oh yeah it isn't much yet but I'm intending to get some vtuber things going, next step is working out Live-2D and rigging this beauty.
RemiLive2DModelReady.gif

I'm falling behind. My plan was to have everything I had started, done by the 22nd.
BUT, this is the 3rd weekend in a row where family has been coming over. So it's a BUST.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

It's all good, it's beginning to look like I may have to delay Demo 3's release anyway.

So much to do and not much time to do it. While i can say i have candidly finished the main story quests, the optional content is the big hitter here. Not only do I have basically an entire systems worth of maps left to do, but I've also gotta make not only a chain of optional events for most icons which unlock the planets, but then I've also gotta add a bunch of optional events for the planet once they are unlocked.

My rule for the planetary optional events is to make them basically stick around indefinitely and only completing optional events of their variety will increase progress and change things.

I've got a good story set out for Zen Nekoma that I've been able to conjure coutesy of RiseDemos' character building / writing.

Byteopia's quests will center largely around Cid Gungho, Kyu Lawlis and potentially Kikiyo Kasinava (aka Shadow Dude), and maybe Rex Flexin if i can get him done in time. Their quests are opened via Tiramisa. Actually I should state who opens which worlds.

DISK 1 ICONS (please note that even though these characters are recruited during the events of disk 1, they cannot unlock worlds until worlds can be unlocked in Disk 2)

Pep's final optional event opens Zen Nekoma

Svoli's final optional event opens Nothing

Kara's final optional event opens Draik

Rolly's final optional event opens Haven

Tristy's final optional event opens Nothing

Lyza's final optional event opens Galaxia

DISK 2 ICONS

Nola's final optional event opens Byteopia

The Wizard's final optional event opens Postmartia

Limbo's final optional event opens Tekerlek

Tiramisa's final optional event opens Zirkov

DISK 3 ICONS (as above, you'll need to have recruited the icon to unlock their final optional event.)

Mad E. Lin's final optional event opens Spriteopia

Zardari's final optional event opens Terra

Mira's final optional event opens Noirpinot (Shale is unlocked during main story)

Fyori's final optional event opens Nadine

Esperia's final optional event opens all one-shot planets (aka, planets with only one deployment location, suns, moons and small or desolate planets like Gaseous, Fungaris, etc.)

Esperia and Fyori's final optional events are in Disk 2 as they are traveling icons since basically Disk 1 starts.

Things unlocked per world?

ORIGIN GALAXY > AMETHYST SECTOR

Zen Nekoma:
-About 5 story quests (to open up Rise of the Avian and Inferno)
-Amberina + Patricia boss fight.
-Xeltara boss fight. (not until Disk 3)

Zen Aneia (unlocked in MSQ)
-Loads of hangout quests (hanging out with members of the Kitsune, several of these exist already.)
-About 3 story quests (to open up Morzan)
-Cathy, Renae and Lily Boss fight
-Zephyrra Boss fight
-Remira Boss fight
-Nanianne Boss fight
-Akra Olna Boss fight (not Until Disk 3)

Esoteriqueois (unlocked via Esperia)
-One story quest
-Avatar of Lilith Boss fight (Not until Disk 3)

Fungaris (unlocked via Esperia)
-One story quest
-Bubbles boss fight

Sol Arcanae Sidera (unlocked via Esperia)
-2 Story quests
-???

ORIGIN GALAXY > MAGENTA SECTOR

Tekerlek (unlocked via Limbo)
-At least 6 hangout quests
-Captain Crikey, Gib Goldtooth and Jammi Boss fight
-Slinky, Zinyi and Treski Boss fight
-Anathema Boss fight

Byteopia (unlocked via Nola)
-At least 3 hangout quests
-Cid Gungho Boss fight
-Kyu Lawlis Boss fight

Draik (unlocked via Kara)
-At least 3 story quests
-Xaela boss fight (Not until Disk 3)

Galaxia (unlocked via Lyza)
-At least 4 hangout quests
-Mayeena, Adashi and Orsa boss fight
-Tac Talismina boss fight
-???

Nadine (unlocked via Fyori)
-At least 2 hangout events
-Fatty Mclarge boss fight
-Gerald Gelati boss fight

Spriteopia (unlocked via Mad E. Lin, aka, none of this until Disk 3)
-At least 1 hang out event
-Queen of Shadows boss fight

Xeraphar (unlocked via Esperia)
-1 story quest
-???

Xoraq (unlocked via Esperia)
-M.F. Lazarus boss fight

The Pink Sun (unlocked via Esperia)
-Gal'dath bossfight (not until disk 3)

ORIGIN GALAXY > TURQUOISE SECTOR

Haven (unlocked via Rolly)
-at least 3 story quests
-Svoli Apotropaism bossfight
-???

Zirkov (unlocked via Tiramisa)
-at least 2 hangout events
-Xaramitsi boss fight

Postmartia (unlocked via The Wizard)
-at least 4 story quests
-???

Gaseous
-at least 1 story quest
-Safael boss fight (not until Disk 3)

The Blue Sun (unlocked by Nola)
-At least 1 hangout event
-???

MILKY WAY GALAXY > EARTH'S SOLAR SYSTEM (in contrast, these are unlocked the moment Disk 2 is activated.)

Lepusia (aka Earth's Moon)
-at least 2 story quests

Solaris Archivium (aka The Sun)
-at least 2 story quests

Desolation (aka the Asteroid Belt)
-at least 1 hangout quest
-Mycallah boss fight

SUNLESS GALAXY

Dysmonia (unlocked via Esperia, but not accessible until Disk 3)
-at least one story quest

SUNLESS GALAXY > SUNLESS EXPANSE (as like before, all are locked until disk 3)

Terra (unlocked via Zardari)
-At least three hangout events
-Valin boss fight
-Nikki boss fight
-Trixie boss fight

Shale (unlocked via main story)
-at least 4 hang out events
-Ravenqueen Eset bossfight
-Xali bossfight

Noirpinot (unlocked via Mira)
-at least 4 hang out quests
-Four Ghosts of the Apocalypse boss fight
-Dibella boss fight

so yes, as you can see... i have no small amount of work to do!

Last edited:

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Made some dope edits to Xaramitsi's sprites and also some wicked optional events, I also implemented her portraits, although 4/8 of them and their animations are placeholders.
This scene was so fun.

I don't know what it is. But finishing stuff is mentally exhausting.
I just want to make new stuff.
Something in the back of my mind I wanted to get out there was a Kitsune Mask. Kyoshi apparently spent a good deal of time on the Kitsune planet. So he's like an honorary Kitsune. I thought it'd be neat if he had a fox mask.
CXlpP7Z.png

I might repurpose this as a MZ generator part. I checked, a few already exist for MV.
I was having deja vu while making this. I knew this wasn't my first time making a kitsune mask. But then I remembered, it was back when I was doing MZ equipment Icons. I had ninja gear. I was trying to make a Mask Accessory but it was challenging making one as a white silhouette. I don't think I got it to come out right.

Earlier in the week I sent some feedback on MZ to correct a bug. I think I started to explain it here but I never posted it. Basically, you can't enter a battle with an Enemy set with no graphic, because it'll crash. I found the root of the problem and how to fix it.
I think MZ's feedback forum is backlogged with hundreds of bug reports awaiting approval to be seen. Last time it took over a month to be approved. Some of my other threads were flat out deleted. Maybe expired. Maybe there were similar reports. I'll never know.

Finally made a Kitsune Mask equipment icon I was happy with.
I did a handful of other icons while I was at it. I've got quite a collection now, I need to compile them all an post them in the resource section sometime.
Edit: dang, just noticed my hats are off slightly off-white.
DFlQzvD.png

Last edited:

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Beware beware, the Bloodwitch's snare!
Also heads up, a lot of placeholders currently. If Pjcr is able to get uploads working he's already done all of these characters, but as usual internet does get in the way!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.