Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

I'm animating the sash separately. I could animate the dress but I'm not sure.
There is an issue of scale. If you zoom out to the full body, then the movement of the hair highlights is barely a jitter. So it's a matter of finding a good middle ground so you can work with it however you please.
The more space it has to move across, the more frames it'll require. Which is why I'm doing the sash separately. Flapping around at 4 frames isn't going to look very good.

Had the idea of using food emojis for food storage, without cluttering the database with a bunch of useless item entries.
7pGs7EI.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I'm animating the sash separately. I could animate the dress but I'm not sure.
There is an issue of scale. If you zoom out to the full body, then the movement of the hair highlights is barely a jitter. So it's a matter of finding a good middle ground so you can work with it however you please.
The more space it has to move across, the more frames it'll require. Which is why I'm doing the sash separately. Flapping around at 4 frames isn't going to look very good.
The animation will not be on full body focus for long, so I'd encourage you to go for making it a more subtle effect, especially seeing as the rest of the animation lines up perfectly already.

And more frames isn't a problem, I will be dropping these files into vegas pro so there's not a limit to frames available.

I play-tested a bunch before bed last night. Tonight i might clear my saves and make new ones since some saves still have outdated ma[s and junk which results in errors.

I was messing around in MZ last night. I have a map showcasing ALL the RTP sprites.
Something I've been meaning to do is do a deep examination of MZ's Generator Parts to get a feel for just how many parts are really unique.
I've got a GIMP layer file with ALL the male parts grouped as layers. It took forever!
I've been meaning to do a process of elimination. But I know from a glance that the first 10 set of clothes are recycled from the RTP Actors.
There are a few unique sets, like a Scholar, a cowboy, and pirate. There's also a unique ninja and dragon armor set, but I suspect these were prototypes of Actor3. I'm not sure if the clothes have corresponding hair or facial. There's a kind of aviator set that I'm pretty certain goes with one hair style.

Probably not worth creating it's own topic.
I'm probably getting my hopes up.

I stumbled over a tweet from last week by tkool_dev saying they're working on the MZ v1.4 update, to bring back the old style battle animation in the editor. Besides the Editor window, the functions for the old style animations are still in place. The SV Weapon motions, that's basically the same system. And there's notes in the base scripts for "MV Animations". So perhaps they never meant to abandon it completely.

I've sent a lot of feedback over the years about RPG Maker's Animation tab and now they're actually touching it; so I'm praying they make an improvement while they're at it.
I'd rather not pull out my RMXP hacks again.

I'm having a good day and bad day.
It's a good day, because I've been working pretty much undisturbed for hours at a time.
It's a bad day because I've had to restart my computer like 3 times today. And I keep losing progress.

MNr0XYR.png

Random stuff I've thought about making but never prioritize. Like I need more unfinished stuff to feel guilty about.
There's this big white wolf enemy in the MZ's RTP. I always wanted to make a Big_Boss sprite for. But if I'm going to do that I should fill the sheet with other Big Sprites. It was accidental, but the wolf's paws sit perfectly on top of downed human sprites. Like he's going to eat them. Or lick them.
There's this pathetic chibi sprite of the Demon enemy. Looks awful IMO. So I sketched a big version of my own. Maybe because I just like drawing muscles. I drew armor and wings from him too on a different layer. I think I'll redraw the arms up like he's grasping a crystal or orb or something. To be useful.
The Kraken...I dunno. I swear someone made something like this for MV already. The problem with this is that it probably deserves a version above and under water.
I think the sandworm should be done in segments. I made an animated sandpit like a year or 2 ago. It was in the resource gallery. I think it got lost in the forum update.
Mq33RC5.gif

Other than some "vehicles", MZ has no flying sprites. Like, no birds, no bats. I'd make them, but I hate the 3 frame loop. Actually you can make a snappy 1-2-3 flap, but the walking animation goes 1-2-3-2. So If I completed this it would need special instructions on how to customize the animation cycle. Which is the catch with everything I do.

Turns out MV and MZ did have cemetery world map tiles. But they were tucked away in the bottom corned of World_C with the modern/scifi stuff. MV's tiles look really nice and puts mine to shame. But then I look at MZ's an think I could have done worst.
O4iqjeK.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I was going to wait for Pj's return before posting here again but alas, I've been waiting too long and the amount of work I've done has stacked up enough to merit his involvement unnecessary!

Fantasia Scene 16: Clips
Big thanks to Coyotecraft for the Lilac grave animation work!

Displacing the Jade Devil
Tiramisa's boss fight is complete, voice acting aside.

White Apple
The battle with Sacreblu while being possessed by her DENUI: Eve.

The name is a biblical play on Eve and the Apple, while Sacreblu's ENNUI Lilith who represents love would be offering said apple. White for context, is a color associated with love, while pitch black is hatred.

White Apple in this context refers to a Gift of Love.

In the fight, "Eden" or the garden of the Gods is also mentioned in the super attack of Eve. Eden in the cosmos refers to the source universe of the cosmos where Satanifa, the Twins, the Seers of Eld and mortals dwelled in harmonious coexistence before the greed and desire of mortals began influencing Satanifa, leading to her rebelling, and consequent destruction from a blast so immense it expanded the cosmos , the original Eden was sealed within what becomes the Afterworld, while the Cosmos is segregated into its uniform XADRANTS.

With all this, the main story content for disk 2, sans Fantasia Scene 16-- is complete!
I also implemented the portraits for Amberina and Patricia- as well as Agrat Bat Mahlat!
I46U7V6.png

1jlLnyE.png

f1gOD02.png

Mwah~

Feels like an unproductive month. Been sleeping and staring off into space a lot. I've created a "FINISH IT" folder on my desktop with about 7 items I want to complete by the end of the year.

I've been doing autotile stuff lately - which isn't on my list of things to do. I also sorted through my "game dev" folder and started organizing shit. It was getting pretty bad. Part of the reason I don't finish anything is because I forget it's there.

I guess I had to take a break from developing anything. I've been dealing with sick kittens that I had to force feed formula using a dropper.
I'm not sure what I'm going back to, now that I've lost all momentum.

I was kind of waiting for the RMMZ v1.4 update. They mentioned it on twitter at the end of October. Then made an announcement mid November on Steam. Still nothing. I'm not in a hurry or anything.

I can't believe it's December. No really, the weather doesn't feel like winter here. Normally we'd have snowfall by now, but we're breaking record high temperatures. It still feels like August or something. I shouldn't complain either. But I haven't got the seasonal kick with the weather change. Halloween came and went, but I didn't feel it. I need to do Christmas shopping and put up decorations but my heart isn't in it yet.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

"Endless conflict, guiltless abandon... all that which lives is destined to die. Rapture leads to ruin- as the cosmos tears at the scenes, those hardened by years of strife and those not- do battle to preserve all they claim to hold dear.

The simulation rent by the wanton desire in their hearts, entitled ambition overshadowing the rules installed by mercy-deaf gods. The very fabric of reality begins to fray as conflict spreads to engulf the realm, its erstwhile rulers fade and wend t'wards the morrow- bleak and despoiled."

A gameplay trailer... at last!

Been binge watching shows on netflix. Really windy here, power keeps flickering and the internet drops out.
I should be working on my "Finish It" folder. But I don't see myself doing anything for the rest of the year.

Update: 80mph wind knocked over powerlines. I could be out of power for a while.
Sooo. I'm eatting ice cream for dinner :)

Update2: i might have power back by noon. I didn't see any lines down near me. But stubble from the fields are in the powerlines like garlands. Lol.

Last edited:
Oh Right. I was out of power for about 24hours. I'm currently getting prepared for the holidays.
The RMMZ 1.4 update finally came out, followed by 1.4.1 the very next day...and from what I read some people still had to roll back to 1.3.3 version because of issues. *sigh*
I really don't know what their problem is.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.