Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weekly Music Workshop

New Theme?

• chiptune

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • african riddim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vuvuzela

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
i did yes, and i think those are good points, but atletmoog is the only one who can edit the first post, so hell have to do it. That's why i proposed to make a new thread, so there were two people who could edit the first post.. :] it'll all be fixed tonight i think..

moog

Sponsor

Thread moderators/watchers is kinda dumb, but I see what you are going for. We're all equals in this, my only job is to make sure things dont get out of hand/modify things/etc, little things pretty much.

But yeah, nice theme, ill start on it right away d:eek:

moog

Sponsor

also i still dont like the idea of people asking for a theme or voting on one, lets just keep it as whatever the participants concensus for a theme gets picked.

So if for example Zeak suggests hard rock as a theme and everyone else thinks its cool, that will be the upcoming theme, but if Samot wants to do fat synth and barely anyone agrees, his will be automatically chosen the week next as the theme.

also no one can pick two weeks in a row :eek:

moog

Sponsor

i will later tonight :(

i have to go to work atm :(

But, ive started this theme, i actually like it so far if it wasnt so orchestral :| (i suck with that)

Illitum

Sponsor

I've started also.

My idea is the following:

A lonely boy sits atop a mound playing a his flute, he sees the storm coming, he hears it coming, but he believes that his music can soothe the storm, little does he know his music draws it near.

Let's see how well I can convey this image in my piece.

Illitum

Sponsor

New post because this refers to the thread update:

I ALSO THINK IT SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT THAT SOUND EFFECTS ARE CREDITED and please explain how you produced your piece so that others may be inspired or enlightened.

moog

Sponsor

nah dont worry so much about that brah, as long as it isnt commercially released there's no stress on crediting.

music wise, yeah, but if its something obscure, then dont worry about it.

im about to go to sleep but im gonna work more on this in the afternoon. also samot im gonna listen to yours too when i wake up

keep at it guys!

No, that was more about letting others know about the musical progress they've gone through in creating the song.. like what kinds of instruments and stuff.. but more.. links to sound effects, if by any chance you've plucked them off of the internet (and still remember from where they came), and plugins you've used, and such.

let's make this a two-week thing.
1 week is just too short for people to be doing this, unless you're really doing some composing erryday
i would, but i have more things to do :(

moog

Sponsor

yeah we talked about this in irc and thats cool

im gonna extend this till this friday coming up d:eek:

but yeah everyone still post your wip's though :D

:( i'll let you know how it was though :D
anyway i've come up with some progress overview
though i really dislike it at the moment i think it has some potential d:eek:
http://bb.ohsk.net/uploads/Suspense.mp3
i've kept the guitar, put in some piano, no strings yet, because colossus was being a bitch and kept clipping
and the bells were thought up at the spur of the moment..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.