Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Game Patcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe only problem is that someone with little scripting knowledge can easily 'crack' the patches :( Cool script though, but I'll stick to my own patcher.

Anonymous

This is freaking awesome i seriously have been waiting for this forever!! Thanks so much man! You should make an exp version it would be awesome! Right now i only have a way to patch maps in Xp but even then it is super dangerous to do that as its quite easy to get my maps from it but this is much more safer!! Definitely a must for everyone!!

lulz vx is t3h n00b program y don't u make it with events using rm2003 cuz i lik that program better and y u chargin for a xp verzion, n00b, scripts are supposed to be free.

Just kidding.

For the people who want it for XP, suck it up. The TC is under no obligation to create scripts and hand it out for free in the first place. You should be greatfull an awesome script like this is being released for free. I'll definently be using it, as it will make updating games a whole lot easier.

I really love the script alright man, but I don't really get it. (I have no scripting experience.) But so what do I have to do to patch my game. I get it I have to have an event somewhere for my access only to create a patch, right? How do I do something to load a patch? How do I actually dreate a patch? Probably stupid questions but I don't get it sorry. I'm dense like a rock.

Uhm.. why cant I add some new scrips? Everytime I add scripts, it always come for an error saying "Unauthorized patch detected".  Why is that?
And uhm.. I dont get how the master password works but I can make patches. (But not for scripts)

dont worry about paying for the convesion... i'll make one... as long as yeyinde says thats cool with him... im all for XP myself and i know how this works (im a ruby scripter more than RGSS and the classes it calls on are from the ruby Zlib... another way of puttin it is you can hack games with the same method as this patcher... perhaps thats where yeyinde got the knowledge and such from as theres many RM resource hackers out there using this method)

anyway it shouldnt take too long and ill even add a ruby script that'll patch audio in for both VX and XP... once again if yeyinde says thats good with him

That would be awesome man!! I hope Yeyinde agrees, this not only helps us who want it for rmxp but for Yeyinde too as it will give him the ability to patch what he is having problems patching now :D

This...

This is a gift from Heaven!

I ALWAYS forget something, and now I can just make patches!!!
Wow, thank you SO much!
Keep up the good work!

Coolgamer7 :shades:

rgss2 changed alot for less lag, different (still hidden) tilemap - for the new resolution, it double buffers full screen, some features have been rebuilt so they are better or are written partially differently... theres lots of small changed to the graphics classes aswell... the main thing is that this script is built so it adds stuff to the RPG::CACHE which has more functions and was pretty much completely rebuilt for VX so it'll take some time to change it back... especially as XP's cache is a hidden class unlike vx (thankfully its in the help file though XD)

Awesome, I remember there was a time when I just spent an h uploading something, then i found that the starting position was off. This really helps a lot!

This looks like a really good script! Too bad I use XP and the fact I don't have a PayPal account. :down: I actually like VX, I just found XP to be easier to use, imo. Maybe I'll get a PayPal account and get the script. :tongue: But I think I'm speaking for all of those VX users, excluding me, when I say nice job!

i would pay for conversion..
But i´m german.. if i make a payment, it costs me for 30$ nearly the same in EURO again ^^
that means 79,45$
( calculated by my bank ^^ )
too much

as i said... if yeyinde will hurry up and reply to my question: can i personally make the conversion (which i pretty much have already) then i'll post for free... as hes not and im not gonna do it without his permission then its a no from that for the moment... i might just make it a little different and post with compliments instead though... although if he wants payment then thats that... im gonna wait for a reply...

Aaaaand an update to version 1.2.0.  This version will render old patch files unusable, but you get the bonus of a beefed up security measure.  Before, patch keys were stored in the patch files themselves, but now it uses a cryptographic function (based on a certain value that keeps on changing).

Enjoy the security :pred:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.