Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Game Patcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but why are mods allowed to break the rules? This forum is for completed scripts only, and by taking away the script, this thread therefore has no purpose. It's the same as posting a project topic with no info.

(Do you really need to take the VX version down to convert it? What purpose does that serve? I'm sorry, I'm just confused here.)

This is a really cool script though, I dunno why anyone hasn't done anything like this before. It's so simple too, from reading the script, that... yeah, I dunno why anyone hasn't done it before now. *Not simple in a bad way, simple as in a "oh shiz, I never thought of doing it that way".

@Wyatt: I think its a one off thats why. It's to set an example to stop dickheads like Biowulve saying the same "RMVX SUCKS MAKE IT FOR RMXP U MORON" in every thread, to the point where many scripters are getting really tired of releasing VX stuff.

mawk

Sponsor

That'd work if it weren't miles farther outside the rules than this. As it stands, he is warning/punishing them (or did you mean warnings on a warning system? We dun' have that,) and temp banning them... Just no. That's abuse of power on a crazy megalomaniacal scale.

holloway":1cff628w said:
@Wyatt: I think its a one off thats why. It's to set an example to stop dickheads like Biowulve saying the same "RMVX SUCKS MAKE IT FOR RMXP U MORON" in every thread, to the point where many scripters are getting really tired of releasing VX stuff.

I totally agree with that. THings like that should be reported.

@Yeyinde
It's a good idea to charge for your script and people who don't agree with that should consider themselves lucky to have access to free scripts.

Some news.  Last night, I added something to the script: Image patching capabilities.  That's right, images.  So the patcher can patch scripts, data and graphics!

However, I won't be uploading this version until the end of the week.  Perhaps this feature will incise people to pay for the VX->XP conversion ;)

Nachos

Sponsor

Such a great scrit. I really dont care if you make it for XP, I0m just getting used to VX.. so for now II'll used this script and credit you.

and guys, in his 2 post he told everyone no to ask for the XP version, and all the post behin are asking for it. I'm just telling.

Well, the next version is up.  This version allows you to patch GRAPHICS! That's right, graphics.  So now you can fix that 'File not found' error and everything!  The only thing it can't patch are audio files.  I'm sure I can find a way to do that some time later...

As for the VX->XP conversion fund, that has been decreased to $30.  Let's see if people respond to this?

Tdata

Sponsor

I get errors from the
Code:
return if @file_window.data.nil?
        bitmap = Cache.load_bitmap('Graphics/' + @file_window.data.split('/')[0] + '/',
        @file_window.data.split('/')[1])
        array = [bitmap, @file_window.data]
        if @PATCH.include?(array)
          @PATCH.delete(array)
        else
          @PATCH << array
        end
With the error being
?????'PatchMaker****' ? 492 ??? NoMethodError????????
private method 'split' called for #<RPG::Actor:0x21e1490>
It does that for every option i select...

Yeyinde":8j8yvdqu said:
Fixed the above error.  Now the patcher works just fine.

If by fixed you mean the error moving one line down ...

Code:
Script 'PatchMaker****' line 493: NoMethodError ocurred.
private method 'split' called for #<RPG::Actor:0x23c1730>

Well, I did re-download it after you posted it was fixed, but it gave me the same error on line 942, and after checking the script version, I noticed that the demo was not update.  So I went and got the scripts from the post itself, and updated it myself, it was then that it gave me the error on line 943.

I just downloaded the demo again (and noticed that it now has the DefaultScriptFix.rb), but sadly it's still giving me that no method error on line 943.

Edit: just in case, patching $data_system works, is everything else that gives out that error.

Yep, it does work now!

I downloaded my trial of RMVX today just to test this script, guess since it's working I'll have to buy it now :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.